Baltimore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Baba Ganoush View Post
    You're sure as hell going to get their attention, especially if you've been detained recently and you have an extensive arrest record. It should be considered good police work at that point. He wasn't a stranger to the po-po.
    There's no way they could've reasonably known about his arrest record prior to catching him. That's a post hoc, ergo propter hoc fallacy.
    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

• Originally posted by YALE View Post
      There's no way they could've reasonably known about his arrest record prior to catching him. That's a post hoc, ergo propter hoc fallacy.
      So you're saying cops are incapable of remembering a name/face?

The guy had been booked/processed five times since New Years lol. If they didn't know him they're not doing their job very well!

I bet the one he locked eyes with knew his skeezin ass, called his buddies, and the chase was on. Otherwise I don't see a logical motive to give chase unless the cops were bored and wanted to see how fast they could pedal...maybe practice their take-down-from-schwin skills.

I'm speculating though. I wasn't there and the details are pretty sketchy to say the least.
      Last edited by Baba Ganoush; 05-02-2015, 12:21 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Baba Ganoush View Post
        So you're saying cops are incapable of remembering a name/face?

The guy had been booked/processed five times since New Years lol. If they didn't know him they're not doing their job very well!

I bet the one he locked eyes with knew his skeezin ass, called his buddies, and the chase was on. Otherwise I don't see a logical motive to give chase unless the cops were bored and wanted to see how fast they could pedal...maybe practice their take-down-from-schwin skills.

I'm speculating though. I wasn't there and the details are pretty sketchy to say the least.
        Agreed, but I will say that Baltimore is a big city, and has no shortage of repeat offenders. Guys with rap sheet like his don't exactly stand out.
        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

• People who post after 9/10 p.m. are up to no good.
          Maybe its karma coming back to white folk for what they did to the colour folk in the past.

Comment

• Originally posted by YALE View Post
            Agreed, but I will say that Baltimore is a big city, and has no shortage of repeat offenders. Guys with rap sheet like his don't exactly stand out.
            Unless the cop remembers the guy and his face, from the last time he had to chase his dumbass down. Finite number of cops, and some of them are going to remember some of these people.
            WH

Comment

• Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
              Unless the cop remembers the guy and his face, from the last time he had to chase his dumbass down. Finite number of cops, and some of them are going to remember some of these people.
              Don't all black people look the same? For all he knows that could have been Samuel L Jackson.

Comment

• lol
                WH

Comment

• Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
                  People who post after 9/10 p.m. are up to no good.
                  Maybe its karma coming back to white folk for what they did to the colour folk in the past.
                  You do realize that the main guy they have charged for the murder is black correct ?
                  Last edited by dcs13; 05-02-2015, 05:58 PM. Reason: sp as usual

Comment

• Honest question: What do you think the percentage of good cops who really care about making a difference in the community is? We need cops walking beats & true community policing again. I have seen evidence of this before. I remember seeing a video of a cop playing basketball with some kids in full uniform. If there were more cops like this, maybe people would respect them more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                      Honest question: What do you think the percentage of good cops who really care about making a difference in the community is? We need cops walking beats & true community policing again. I have seen evidence of this before. I remember seeing a video of a cop playing basketball with some kids in full uniform. If there were more cops like this, maybe people would respect them more.
                      I think almost all cops start off good, and the constant exposure to the uglier side of society changes them, or at least creates cracks in their moral armor. I will also bet that process starts within 6 months to a year.

Beat cops are really expensive for the amount of social welfare and policing they do. Dont get me wrong they are important in showing a more personable look at the police force. But its not law enforcements job to be the moral compass of the poor. The moral compass is supposed to be taught by the parents and the local community, such as the church and schools. The hard part about the schools doing it, is that people expect some sort quantifiable measurement, are worried about the cost, or are worried about religious encroachment.

What would probably solve a lot of issues is re-implementing corporal punishment. Look at Singapore, they have a very low crime rate because nobody wants to spanked or caned. How quickly would running from the police stop if the person would get 20 lashes with a cane

Comment

• Originally posted by John -- '02 HAWK View Post
                        I think almost all cops start off good, and the constant exposure to the uglier side of society changes them, or at least creates cracks in their moral armor. I will also bet that process starts within 6 months to a year.

Beat cops are really expensive for the amount of social welfare and policing they do. Dont get me wrong they are important in showing a more personable look at the police force. But its not law enforcements job to be the moral compass of the poor. The moral compass is supposed to be taught by the parents and the local community, such as the church and schools. The hard part about the schools doing it, is that people expect some sort quantifiable measurement, are worried about the cost, or are worried about religious encroachment.

What would probably solve a lot of issues is re-implementing corporal punishment. Look at Singapore, they have a very low crime rate because nobody wants to spanked or caned. How quickly would running from the police stop if the person would get 20 lashes with a cane
                        I'd rather take that than sitting in jail for X amount of days.

Comment

• Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                          I'd rather take that than sitting in jail for X amount of days.
                          exactly

Comment

• Originally posted by John -- '02 HAWK View Post
                            exactly
                            Wut? I'm saying I'd take lashes over sitting in jail for a crime I committed any day.

Comment

• It all comes down to bad parenting, hence the rioting/looting. No one to set a standard but they want to hold the cops to one?

I'm not sure how many good cops are left in places like Baltimore but I bet fewer and fewer are applying. They don't feel like putting their lives on the line for people who martyr career criminals, and I can't blame them.

Comment

Working...
                              X