No announcement yet.

Random POLITICAL picture of the day !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They fuckin canceled COPS and took LIVE PD off the air! This is beyond stupid. BEYOND.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
        They fuckin canceled COPS and took LIVE PD off the air! This is beyond stupid. BEYOND.
        Ok now they've gone too far!
        Justin

Comment

• Wakanda forever!

Comment

They fuckin canceled COPS and took LIVE PD off the air! This is beyond stupid. BEYOND.
            ...and Gone With The Wind has been pulled from HBO, knew that was coming.

HBO is like MTV before them to me, they haven't been relevant in my opinion since the Sopranos aired. I'll find out who the parent company of HBO currently is and ensure that they receive none of my business.

Comment

• As if that's not enough. Now they are commandeering networks to push this agenda and lecture us on how bad we are. If there was ever a time to cut the cord, I do believe now is it.

Oprah Winfrey hosting two-night 'Town Hall' on race to air on 18 channels

Oprah Winfrey is set to host a two-night "town hall" special on several TV networks and online platforms. The program will deal with the aftermath of George Floyd's killing in Minneapolis while in police custody last month. Credit: Getty Images / Steve Jennings
              By Verne Gay
              verne.gay@newsday.com
              Updated June 8, 2020 5:24 PM

Stepping to the forefront of a national tragedy and mustering her considerable influence, Oprah Winfrey will host a two-night special Tuesday and Wednesday on the aftermath of the killing of George Floyd at the hands of Minneapolis police. The special will be simulcast on 18 Discovery Networks channels, including OWN.

The "town hall" special — “OWN Spotlight: Where Do We Go From Here?” (starting at 9 o'clock on both nights) — will include, among other guests, Stacey Abrams, the former Georgia House representative and a rising star in the national Democratic Party (Abrams has also been mentioned as a potential Joe Biden running mate). Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms and Color of Change founder Rashad Robinson will also be part of the two-night town hall.

Tuesday's OWN special will be simulcast on networks that don't typically devote airtime to civil rights, much less two nights of it, including MotorTrend, American Heroes Channel, Great American Country, and Animal Planet. Nevertheless, all 18 channels — along with another half-dozen online platforms, such as OWN's YouTube — represent millions of global viewers, potentially many millions.

In a statement, Winfrey said, “I’ve been having private conversations with friends and thought leaders about what’s next and where we go from here. I thought it would be both of interest and service to bring their ideas, concerns and comments into a national spotlight.”

Winfrey addressed Floyd's Memorial Day killing while in police custody during the May 30 edition of her online series, "WW Presents Oprah's Your Life in Focus," where she said that for "those of us who have the ability to be seen, it is incumbent not to just be outraged [or] not enough to say 'Oh, this is terrible.' " She added that reform would not happen "Until we're all willing to speak up and say that that will not happen on my watch [and] we're willing to do the work to dismantle in our way the constructs of injustice."

Other talk show programs on Monday announced special editions, including "Tamron Hall" (10 a.m., WABC/7), which on Friday will "showcase the voices of young Americans who are marching, protesting, and demanding change."

Georgia Rep. John Lewis and filmmaker Ava DuVernay (who will also be part of the OWN town hall) were on Monday's edition of "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" that was devoted to the protests.

Meanwhile, each of the major commercial networks — broadcast and cable — are expected to air Floyd's funeral live from Houston starting at noon Tuesday.
              Subscribe to the Entertainment newsletter

By clicking Sign up, you agree to our privacy policy.
              By Verne Gay
              verne.gay@newsday.com
              Comments

Comment

• If they wanted to have a discussion they'd invite Thomas Sowell, Ben Carson and Morgan Freeman too. They don't want to have a discussion though, they just want to find a group to blame for their poor decisions. I'm so glad the rich and powerful are willing to empower them and provide a boogey man for them to blame though.

Comment

• So every time a black person gets into an altercation with a white person and the black person dies, it is my fault because I'm white and guilty by association. Makes perfect sense.

Comment

That’s hilarious in an ironic way: I’ve said a few times in the past that I wonder when groups like the ACLU and their ilk would begin protesting those shows. In reality, it is a monetized program that pretty much relies on getting some wild shit on tape. Joe Blow traffic stops are boring, so you have officers staking out high crime/drugs areas and pulling people over for bullshit like dim license plate lights and the like. I’m not saying that a lot of those on COPS/Live PD aren’t committing crimes, but it leads to a issues involving the monetization of those shows and could easily create scenarios to get air time. If you want a forum for dirty cops doing dirty cop shit, it’s the perfect scenario. I hope that makes sense.
                    Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                    I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                    Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                    Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                    dont downshift!!
                    Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

• Looks like Seattle is a complete shitshow

Comment

• Some of those concrete barricades are extremely heavy. I wonder how they created their barrier.
                        Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                        I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                        Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                        Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                        dont downshift!!
                        Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4EyedTurd View Post
                          https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...d-guard-watch/

Looks like Seattle is a complete shitshow

If I was the police chief up there I would say that because of community demands that area that has been barricaded will be a no-go zone for my officers until the end of the year, no patrols, no responding to any calls, no arrests will be made. I'd make a point of having the fire department back me up as well.
                          Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

• Originally posted by sc281 View Post
                            Now do one for white people killed by white people...

Comment

• Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                              Some of those concrete barricades are extremely heavy. I wonder how they created their barrier.
                              In the movie Volcano a bunch of pussy white people couldn't lift one until an unruly black man stepped in.

Now imagine if they were all black.

Educate yourself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                                In the movie Volcano a bunch of pussy white people couldn't lift one until an unruly black man stepped in.

Now imagine if they were all black.

Educate yourself.
                                A cubic yard of concrete weighs 2700lbs. It's unlikely you could get enough hands under one of those blocks for it to be lifted manually.
                                Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Working...
                                X