• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Sanders Education for all plan

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Tremor14 View Post
        A weapons program is not an entitlement that goes on for eternity.
        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

that would be a substantial blow to your ego if we all became engineers

Comment

Do you think everyone is capable of becoming engineers?
            I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Now, point out where I may find education as a federal power.

Comment

I think anyone who takes the time to study the materials and prepare for any standardized testing can be anything they want to be on paper.

No degree in any field will guarantee success.

Comment

I think anyone who takes the time to study the materials and prepare for any standardized testing can be anything they want to be on paper.

No degree in any field will guarantee success.
                  It takes more than a piece of paper to be an engineer. Can YOU do it?

Comment

I became one many years before Ruffdaddy and do not feel threatened by him at all. Would your ego take a beating by someone becoming a plumber? I doubt that it would.

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                    You would be shocked at who makes it out with a degree.
                    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

It takes more than a piece of paper to be an engineer. Can YOU do it?
                      exactly, to BE and engineer, but anyone with that piece of paper can call themselves an engineer.

i can 100% engineer a plumbing system. that is the only facet of engineering that applies to my daily grind.

Comment

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
                        I became one many years before Ruffdaddy and do not feel threatened by him at all. Would your ego take a beating by someone becoming a plumber? I doubt that it would.
                        If the state of texas just started handing out licenses i would be a little upset.

Comment

ruff, are you a PE or EIT?

i just ask, i have an office full of EIT's. some care to get their PE, others couldn't care less.

Comment

Haha thats exactly what i thought. He couldnt get admitted to a program much less complete one.

Engineers typically arent the people begging for a handout education.

Also imagine you're 35, wife and kids...with a full time job. It doesn't matter how free shit is...you cant just stop life. But now a bunch of entitled kids are flooding the market with degrees making it harder to just maintain the current position for said 35 year old. When that 35 year old is 45, they wont be able to find shit because all the former new grads have 10 years of experience.

Comment

ruff, are you a PE or EIT?

i just ask, i have an office full of EIT's. some care to get their PE, others couldn't care less.
                              No, in my domain theres little to no benefit for it. However, in your domain its damn near a requirement just to advance. PEs are critical for civil engineers.

My domain would focus more on IP, demonstrated analytical skills and developed products.

Its been that way in both energy and defense.

Comment

Working...
                              X