The Sanders Education for all plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
    I became one many years before Ruffdaddy and do not feel threatened by him at all. Would your ego take a beating by someone becoming a plumber? I doubt that it would.

You would be shocked at who makes it out with a degree.
    Not really. I have two degrees and I'm just above licking windows and putting pipes together while voting democrat.
    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by Tremor14 View Post
      If the state of texas just started handing out licenses i would be a little upset.
      I would be too but I was talking about people actually earning their license.

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
      I'm just above licking windows and putting pipes together while voting democrat.
      I tend to doubt that.
      Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
        The college degree pretty much already is useless.

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
          The college degree pretty much already is useless.
          Not entirely. Technical degrees are still a job requirement in some fields.
          i can 100% engineer a plumbing system. that is the only facet of engineering that applies to my daily grind.
          Look at you trying to do damage control...

Comment

Degrees are not useless, BUT are they worth the cost? This of course only applies to folks who have to earn their own way.
            Originally posted by MR EDD
            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
              Degrees are not useless, BUT are they worth the cost? This of course only applies to folks who have to earn their own way.
              Studies I've seen still say overwhelmingly yes. It's a pretty straightforward DCF to figure it out ... the rate of cost inflation needs to come down dramatically imo.
              Originally posted by davbrucas
              I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                ... the rate of cost inflation needs to come down dramatically imo.
                It probably will. Schools now have Congress sniffing up their ass over endowments, tax breaks, and tuition increases.

When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

that would be a substantial blow to your ego if we all became engineers
                  Says the guy who every aptitude test he's taken suggests he should work with his hands. Most engineers use their brains more than their hands...
                  Originally posted by stevo
                  Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Oh hey look guys, another thread shit on by the same sole person who was banned for doing it before.

Didn't see this coming today.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
                      Says the guy who every aptitude test he's taken suggests he should work with his hands. Most engineers use their brains more than their hands...
                      im fully aware of that. the reason i am in this office is to reel engineers back in and show them how these things work in real life and not on paper. in our applications. coming from the field and installing this stuff gives me a big advantage in budgeting costs, vs. a kid from Texas Tech who has maybe walked around on a project or two of ours.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                        Oh hey look guys, another thread shit on by the same sole person who was banned for doing it before.

Didn't see this coming today.
                        SS junk?

Comment

im fully aware of that. the reason i am in this office is to reel engineers back in and show them how these things work in real life and not on paper. in our applications. coming from the field and installing this stuff gives me a big advantage in budgeting costs, vs. a kid from Texas Tech who has maybe walked around on a project or two of ours.
                          Now if you're arguing that there are some areas of studies where hands on is far more important than the paper? I'll agree. My degree for instance is less impressive than the experience I had before it. An engineering degree? I'll take someone with an engineering degree over someone who eyeballs something and says "Yup, I can build that there skyscraper dawg. I can even put the front gate on dubs if you want" who didn't graduate high school.

Comment

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
                            I would be too but I was talking about people actually earning their license.

I tend to doubt that.
                            Eh, on paper I'm impressive. I have an entire room of "Holy fuck I'm impressive" but .... yeah. I'll stick with the "I can haz cheezeburgerz" level of doing things.

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                              Now if you're arguing that there are some areas of studies where hands on is far more important than the paper? I'll agree. My degree for instance is less impressive than the experience I had before it. An engineering degree? I'll take someone with an engineering degree over someone who eyeballs something and says "Yup, I can build that there skyscraper dawg. I can even put the front gate on dubs if you want" who didn't graduate high school.
                              to think thats how any of this happens would tell me you dont know the construction process.

Comment

The reason you are in that office is that they got tired of you fucking shit up out on the job site. Do you really think they need someone to explain how shit works to the engineers? Lol!
                                Originally posted by racrguy
                                What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                                Originally posted by racrguy
                                Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Working...
                                X