Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you checking in to shit on the thread?

Comment

engineers dont estimate costs, and costs estimators dont engineer.

is there any really any reason for PE to spend time designing a $2mm hotel when we have a $55MM toyota headquarters and $30MM Cowboys headquarters project going on? no way. I can size the pipe, and he can take the 2 minutes to verify my sizing is good and sign off on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tremor14 View Post
        im fully aware of that. the reason i am in this office is to reel engineers back in and show them how these things work in real life and not on paper. in our applications. coming from the field and installing this stuff gives me a big advantage in budgeting costs, vs. a kid from Texas Tech who has maybe walked around on a project or two of ours.
        I definitely rely on experienced people just like you for this exact reason. My job is much different than the field folks...so we will never have the same experience.

Comment

i think we are on the same page, there are 2 other doofus' in here who have no clue how any of this shit really gets done.

Comment

im fully aware of that. the reason i am in this office is to reel engineers back in and show them how these things work in real life and not on paper. in our applications. coming from the field and installing this stuff gives me a big advantage in budgeting costs, vs. a kid from Texas Tech who has maybe walked around on a project or two of ours.
            So you'd say you're a people person?

Comment

I'm just saying that I have never been in a union shop where the guy with 10 years seniority gets the cushy office job because he is competent. But thanks for confirming that you do design dookie logistics systems all day, that is a wonderful step in the evolution of your dfw mustangs tenure.
              Originally posted by racrguy
              What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
              Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

our 2 Sr. Estimators are retiring in the next 2-3 years. Why not get a young guy with a hard work ethic to come in and train behind the guys who have 25 years estimating experience. Anyone can install plumbing, if you can do it well and make the company money they will want to make sure to keep you around.

I assure you I make this company more money being in the office and helping to set every budget that goes out the door than I am being one of 60 guys on a job site working 7-8 hours a day.

you have a certain dislike for me obviously and i dont think it has anything to do with dfwmustangs.. care to tell everyone the real issue?

oh, and plumbing is easy enough sure you wanna come read some P and I D drawings with me?

so an engineer designs that, guess whos job it is to get that transferred from paper to a central plant in a million square foot building.

toilet jokes are funny, but thats just a license i hold with the state. if you wanna come learn pipe trades step up to the plate instead of sitting over there spewing the same stale ass jokes.

Comment

harrumph!!!

Comment

*tag guy, i no longer work in the field, no reason to carry the card

Comment

to think thats how any of this happens would tell me you dont know the construction process.
                      You're right, I don't. You know what else? I don't pretend I do or that I can compete with those who do.
                      I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

toilet jokes are funny, but thats just a license i hold with the state. if you wanna come learn pipe trades step up to the plate instead of sitting over there spewing the same stale ass jokes.

If you ever want to play with something other than pipe, I know a recruiter.

Comment

our 2 Sr. Estimators are retiring in the next 2-3 years. Why not get a young guy with a hard work ethic to come in and train behind the guys who have 25 years estimating experience. Anyone can install plumbing, if you can do it well and make the company money they will want to make sure to keep you around.

I assure you I make this company more money being in the office and helping to set every budget that goes out the door than I am being one of 60 guys on a job site working 7-8 hours a day.

you have a certain dislike for me obviously and i dont think it has anything to do with dfwmustangs.. care to tell everyone the real issue?

oh, and plumbing is easy enough sure you wanna come read some P and I D drawings with me?

so an engineer designs that, guess whos job it is to get that transferred from paper to a central plant in a million square foot building.

If the job was hard or you were doing anything exceptional then they wouldn't pay you peanuts to do it. I do like the part about your work ethic though, I almost burst out laughing on that one. Have you told your co-workers about your life of crime?
                          What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?

Comment

Lmao at the doodoo fingers tag, awesome!

Comment

Hell, I could post up some diagrams of infantry movements that look complicated on paper if I wanted to look important or the firing sequence for a TOW missile system but....

I don't need to make something look important or complicated. Settle down Francis.

Comment

don't care to carry on a real conversation?

how do you know my salary?

sad thing is, there are really just like 4 of you who love to run around me using the same tired lines. i dont get tired of proving you dont know anything though.

I will be doing a job walk at Cowboys HQ tomorrow if you want to meet me in Frisco at 7am. It's just down the street from you. I can show you what really goes on in the construction offices/field. Let me know!

oh and i'm not crying, i'm sitting here smiling knowing the fact that you cant do what i can do, but i do what you do.

Comment

Working...
                                X