2012 5.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
    More pics of the mini-lite-ish wheels? I dig those.
    I do too. I convinced him to buy those BEFORE I had this car, otherwise that's what I'd be getting for mine. Search google for 'shelby cs56' to see more of them.

His car looks great with them. These are 20x9 and 20x10.

When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

• It's amazing what a set of wheels can do for the look of a car. Looks great!

Comment

• Originally posted by talisman View Post
        Okay okay okay. 12 large and it's all yours, Uncle Al. I've got more than that in it!! Just needs to be finished!!
        Could you disable the gauges? I like flying blind!

Comment

• Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
          Could you disable the gauges? I like flying blind!
          They are overrated. Unlike a 99 GT vert, if you are on the throttle under boost, you're going to be speeding in seconds. A 99 GT vert you need a calendar to determine when you will get up to speed, not a speedometer.
          Last edited by Steve; 10-03-2011, 07:07 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve View Post
            They are overrated. Unlike a 99 GT vert, if you are on the throttle under boost, you're going to be speeding in seconds. A 99 GT vert you need a calendar to determine when you will get up to speed, not a speedometer.
            True true.

Comment

• Well that didn't take long haha. 1215 miles to be exact.

Traded the stock wheels plus 200 for a set of brand new 20" Shelby CS40 wheels with used tires. They are 255/35 up front and 305/35 drag radials out back. Not my first choice but the more I look at them, the more I like em.

Now I REALLY need to lower it...

Comment

• Is that considered a donk or a slab?

those wheels look huge!

Comment

• The stock wheels looked better

Comment

• When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

• right....

Comment

• Originally posted by UserX View Post
                        The stock wheels looked better
                        I'm still not 100% sold on them but the stock Brembo wheels are hideous, you are out of your fucking mind.

Pro, I'm not sure what you call it. But 18s look tiny and 19s are hard to find and expensive when you do. Call it a dub or something. Hater.

Comment

• Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                          I'm still not 100% sold on them but the stock Brembo wheels are hideous, you are out of your fucking mind.

Pro, I'm not sure what you call it. But 18s look tiny and 19s are hard to find and expensive when you do. Call it a dub or something. Hater.
                          I must be out of my mind, because I like the Brembo wheels. You gonna get a Skittles wrap now?

Comment

I was referring to the combo of height (which you acknowledged) and large wheels. I agree that 20s look right. I like your uncles wheels a million times better. Any way you slice it you came up big time on the trade IMO.

Comment

• I agree, I like my uncle's wheels better. But there's not a chance in hell I'm going to get the same wheels for my car.

Here's the car of the guy I traded with. It's a supercharged 2012 putting down 630. Damned nice car!

What do you think, Pro - donk or slab?

Comment

Well that didn't take long haha. 1215 miles to be exact.

Traded the stock wheels plus 200 for a set of brand new 20" Shelby CS40 wheels with used tires. They are 255/35 up front and 305/35 drag radials out back. Not my first choice but the more I look at them, the more I like em.

Now I REALLY need to lower it...

It will look 100 times better once you lower it. The fenderwell gap is very decieving making it look "donk" at the moment. But when you get rid of that gap it will look sexy as hell.

Comment

Working...
                                X