2012 5.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
    Car is a 2012 with a 8/15/11 build date.
    Perhaps the motor was built the Friday afternoon before... lol

Comment

• Now that's a feel-good story!

Stoked for ya homie.

Comment

• Its because of the brembo brakes
        http://dfwdirtriders.com/ New Website for the off road peeps

Comment

• Sorry to hear, but glad you got it fixed.
          sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
          17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
          13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
          86 SVO - Sold
          '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
          01 TJ - new toy - Sold
          65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

• Glad to hear it got all fixed up! I've got a question for you since you've also got 3.73's....since day-1 I've noticed a very very slight bit of NVH right between 70-75mph...it's very faint, but definitely feels like it's coming from the driveline...I think it's the gears, and it's so faint that it may even be normal, just the right pitch at that driveshaft speed...at first I thought it might have even been the engine note around that speed, but have experimented with it some since then....pushing in the clutch or pushing into neutral doesn't kill it, nor does being in 5th instead of 6th. I don't always notice it and never feel it below 70 or above 75mph.

Just wondering if you've ever noticed anything similar? I need to ride in another car with 3.73's and see if it's just my overly sensitive ass.
            70' Chevelle RagTop
            (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

• Originally posted by Rreemo View Post
              Glad to hear it got all fixed up! I've got a question for you since you've also got 3.73's....since day-1 I've noticed a very very slight bit of NVH right between 70-75mph...it's very faint, but definitely feels like it's coming from the driveline...I think it's the gears, and it's so faint that it may even be normal, just the right pitch at that driveshaft speed...at first I thought it might have even been the engine note around that speed, but have experimented with it some since then....pushing in the clutch or pushing into neutral doesn't kill it, nor does being in 5th instead of 6th. I don't always notice it and never feel it below 70 or above 75mph.

Just wondering if you've ever noticed anything similar? I need to ride in another car with 3.73's and see if it's just my overly sensitive ass.
              i have 3.73s in my car and have not noticed anything.
              2011 Mustang GT
              sigpic

Comment

• most people dont think 402hp cars are slow...

Comment

• Originally posted by waycooljr View Post
                  most people dont think 402hp cars are slow...

I have 3:73s as well, and don't notice any, but will chech again today.
                  86 SVO - Sold
                  01 TJ - new toy - Sold

Comment

• Originally posted by waycooljr View Post
                    most people dont think 402hp cars are slow...
                    Depends on the weight that 420hp has to propel.

Comment

You're probably just overly sensitive. The old 8.8 transmits a lot of NVH regardless of ratio, but of course lower gears will do it more. If I roll the windows up and turn the radio off, I can hear gear whine in the car, some from the trans and some from the rear. It's very subtle though and I don't mind.
                      When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

• Danny, you're destined to always have interesting car stories.

Comment

• Rreemo, I turned down the radio, and tried very hard to detect anything like that today on my way in to work. No vibrations, but definitely road noise and some gear noise, but very minimal.
                          86 SVO - Sold
                          01 TJ - new toy - Sold

Comment

Glad to hear it got all fixed up! I've got a question for you since you've also got 3.73's....since day-1 I've noticed a very very slight bit of NVH right between 70-75mph...it's very faint, but definitely feels like it's coming from the driveline...I think it's the gears, and it's so faint that it may even be normal, just the right pitch at that driveshaft speed...at first I thought it might have even been the engine note around that speed, but have experimented with it some since then....pushing in the clutch or pushing into neutral doesn't kill it, nor does being in 5th instead of 6th. I don't always notice it and never feel it below 70 or above 75mph.

Since you have a '13, you get the recall done for the front lower control arms yet? We had 250mi on it when it was making a creaking noise/feel thru the k-member, theres a TSB out on them currently. We only felt it starting off in first or cruising down a road a little bumpier. If you put it up on ramps and push up on the k-member you can hear/feel it.

Comment

• Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                              Me too. I expect 150k miles out of it for sure.
                              I was thinking more around 200k-300k, but we shall see. Im not doing anytihng to mine until after the warranty. I even took the K&N out and it seemd to have picked up some more HP or at least the 5hp that claim the K&N loses.
                              Originally posted by Silverback
                              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• gotta love the lsx!

Comment

Working...
                                X