Project - 1967 F100 SW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 69gto View Post
    was time the only reason you didnt go with the crown vic front swap, or would you do that now if you could start again?
    I'm not really sure there's one or more specific reasons why I went with the drop beams. Now that it's over with, it definately would have been cheaper to do the crown Vic swap. My only real obstacles involve the lack of shop space, tools, and real fabrication skills. (I have none) I've done most of everything inside by myself in my garage that has two other cars in it. So, I would say that lack of space had more to do with it than anything.

Tyler Tatro f100 Oklahoma City
    Last edited by Bringit; 03-01-2013, 07:27 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

• Sick man..I'll have to keep an eye out for it cruising when I'm on the north side of town.

Comment

• I'm not really sure on the shifter. I tried finding a shorter shifter but to no avail.
        Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

• i am thinking about doing the vic swap, I don't think the police package will matter to me, a regular car would be fine. I also have an IRS out of a mark 8 and found a web site that sells the brackets for $400 plus shipping. What the hell might as well go all the way with it. I'm not the greatest with a welder or torch either, but we did do an 8.8 swap in 68 mustang and put in rack in pinion steering and that went fairly well

Comment

• 69gto - details on ur 65? I still have mine that I rebuilt 20 years ago, and sure wish I would have done something different for the front end. It has bent ibeams and cut springs. Rides like crap.

Sorry for slight derail.
            sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
            17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
            13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
            86 SVO - Sold
            '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
            01 TJ - new toy - Sold
            65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

• Very nice truck! I havent seen the wheels you plan to go with, but I think those look freaking great on it.
              "You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
              http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
              Factory Five MK4 Cobra
              Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
              http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
              www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by 01yz2nv View Post
                Very nice truck! I havent seen the wheels you plan to go with, but I think those look freaking great on it.
                Nothing special. Its just a polished wheel, with a classic 5 star design. I really like the ones in that picture as well...but once again, they are just on loan from a buddy.
                sigpic

Comment

• I'd like to see it with the painted green ones,l bet that will look good too.
                  "You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
                  http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
                  Factory Five MK4 Cobra
                  Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
                  http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
                  www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
                  sigpic

Comment

• Hmm, anyone looking for one? Look at the last pic.

Comment

• SVO ford truck enthusiasts has a great thread on it (buildup 06 crown vic front suspension into 67 F100) it changed all my plans for the truck. that guy lives in Ft worth and did a great job on his. I had planned to just 302 it with a 4r70w, but now I may 4.6 it, maybe even dual cam 4.6 if I can find one reasonable and complete. Thats how I got the IRS, we used that engine in the mustang. About the 65 not the best year in my opinion(67 to 72 ford nailed those) but I got a hell of a good deal on it and it is very clean, only the floor pans need a little work, lots of extra parts and a donor truck, tilt column, ps, disc brakes and the dash is not cut for a damn radio! I plan on making it a daily driver, in dash a/c the works. I am not trying to steal this thread I'm just close to getting started on it. I will get my friend on here to show me how to post pics, and I may start a thread when we start the project.

Comment

• Originally posted by 69gto View Post
                        i am thinking about doing the vic swap, I don't think the police package will matter to me, a regular car would be fine. I also have an IRS out of a mark 8 and found a web site that sells the brackets for $400 plus shipping. What the hell might as well go all the way with it. I'm not the greatest with a welder or torch either, but we did do an 8.8 swap in 68 mustang and put in rack in pinion steering and that went fairly well
                        Send me a message when you get ready to do the rear I'll send you the plans for the brackets I built mine instead of ordering the kit.

Comment

• thanks i will do that, what did you put the IRS in?

Comment

• I haven't gotten a whole lot more done lately. The College football season typically takes up most of my weekends, but I'm slowly getting it back together. Just doing alot of piddly small stuff, wiring, interior panels...etc...

I got the front/back glass back in, and the aluminum trim on it.

I just got the grill back, from being stripped, polished, and re-sealed. i think it came out pretty nice. installed new headlights, and all new wiring harnesses, for both headlights and turn signals. Installed clear lenses, for the turn signals.

And of course, threw the wheels on to see how it was going to look. Im pretty happy, as I measured, remeasured, and measured again, to get the size/offset just right. 20x8.5 in front, and 20x10 in rear.

I still have a ways to go, and am not sure how much free time I'm going to have to work on it, but feel like Im so close. Still need to color sand/buff the entire truck. Anyways, I grabbed a few pics Saturday with my phone. will post up some better pics, onceI throw the hood on. (And yes..I still need to realign all the body panels, but am waiting to install the hood to ensure everything lines up.

sigpic

Comment

• Sweet, I'm loving it.

Comment

• That looks amazing.

Comment

Working...
                                X