Leg Maker Inc. 4"Carbon Fiber CAI
    Speedlogix Catch Can
    Resonator Delete

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzo View Post
      That's cool, nice to see someone building something besides a C10
      Yeah, fuck a bunch of junky ass C10's !

Comment

Well, this is kind of a weak stick update, because I haven't really started anything. But out of pure boredom, I went out to the garage, and started knocking down some of the paint. There weren't as many layers, and different colors as I thought there would be for a 45 year old truck. Looks like the current paint job was the only one after the original factory paint. (Turquoise Obviously) I plan on moving it to a shop to start disassembly sometime next week. Until then, I will hit it in spots.

Attached Files
        sigpic

Comment

Well, there hasnt been a ton of new progress. I'm still waiting to move the truck to a shop, where I can disassemble. So, in the mean time, I've just been sanding by hand on everything that I can. Added some wheels off of a 1953 F100, and have been driving it around some. While in the process of sanding, I just quickly added a shop logo, to give it a faux shop truck look. Really hoping to get to work on the suspension some time this next week, when I have the space to work on it.

Took some pics, and thought I would share.

sigpic

Comment

Any plans of doing the crown vic ifs swap?

Comment

Call me crazy but I thought it looked better black .
              07 GT500
              05 SRT10
              88 turbocoupe T-bird
              93 Cobra
              86 coupe
              Ducati 848

Comment

Originally posted by Musbrad2 View Post
                Any plans of doing the crown vic ifs swap?
                I'm going back and forth on that right now. I need to make the final decision though, As Im trying to order all the componants by the weekend. I know that overall, I would probably be much happier with the crown vic or mustang II swap. I'm still not sure whether or not, Im going to bag it or not.

I've pretty much settled on a FatMan Fabrications rear swap kit. Theres not much welding involved, and I really only have to C notch the frame in the rear.

The only real thing I'm battling with is the front end swap vs. the Dream Beams. If I had an entire shop to myself, that the truck could sit for a while, I would do a complete frame off, and the Crown Vic would be a FOR SURE. But, I am really hampered by shop space and time.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mk5.0 View Post
                  Call me crazy but I thought it looked better black .
                  It was gray. And I'm in the process of sanding it down to bare metal, to give it a brand new paint job. The "shop truck" paint job, was just something that I did in 45 minutes, while bored...frustrated that I cannot tear the truck down yet. Nothing more than a "guide coat."
                  sigpic

Comment

nice truck started out with a great base for a project
                    sigpic

Comment

Nice, I like it, but x2 on the black.
                      "You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
                      http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
                      Factory Five MK4 Cobra
                      Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
                      http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
                      www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bringit View Post
                        I'm going back and forth on that right now. I need to make the final decision though, As Im trying to order all the componants by the weekend. I know that overall, I would probably be much happier with the crown vic or mustang II swap. I'm still not sure whether or not, Im going to bag it or not.

I've pretty much settled on a FatMan Fabrications rear swap kit. Theres not much welding involved, and I really only have to C notch the frame in the rear.

The only real thing I'm battling with is the front end swap vs. the Dream Beams. If I had an entire shop to myself, that the truck could sit for a while, I would do a complete frame off, and the Crown Vic would be a FOR SURE. But, I am really hampered by shop space and time.
                        I only have a 20x30 shop full of junk but I have completed almost everything in a 3 day time period. Worst part was fighting the old crossmember out, even left the fenders on, just took the hood off. I bought a tbird irs, going to buildy own mounting brackets instead of using the truckirs.com ones.

Comment

Originally posted by 01yz2nv View Post
                          Nice, I like it, but x2 on the black.
                          That original picture is a little mileading. For one..its a grey color and not Black. But, the paint was very rough on it. So, I needed to sand it down and repaint it. Leaving it the way it was in that original pic, was not an option.

Heres a quick video that i posted before, that gives a better representation of what the color was.

sigpic

Comment

still waiting on a ride in it, and as long as you dont paint it burnt orange it will be a sweet truck... but it did look mean when it was "black"

Comment

Found a good tailgate today! baby steps.

sigpic

Comment

that truck would look really good green and cream

Comment

Working...
                                X