Project - 1967 F100 SW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
    unfortunately AIM is known for terrible customer service and bad parts. I have read tons of stories about sending wrong parts
    I had done a ton of research, and everyone on the Ford truck forums had varying opinions. But the bad customer service was a constant. You could never get through to the origignal guy I talked to, and I kept getting the run around. I was actually happy with the quality of the product...it just took them 3 different trys, to get it correct. I wouldnt recommend them to anyone, that's for sure. After all the research, it was the design of their tie rod relocators, that made me finally decide on AIM over DJM....yet in the end...I had my installer fabricate his own. So, It was a wash.
    sigpic

Comment

Around 13 years ago I had very similar problems with AIM. They made it right, but it was a huge PITA. It was my DD and I had to put it back to stock twice after the parts were incorrect.

Comment

Well, I wish the updates were coming quicker than they are. I've been spending more time online, searching for parts and pieces, than I have actually getting work done on the truck. I found a donor truck, that is a 69' longbed ranger XLT, that has abesolutly perfect trim on it. So, I bought the truck, just for the trim. (Buying through a catalog, all new trim would have been $3,000 +) But, I've been searching, for months...and this truck is the first Ive seen with most of in excellent shape. So, I picked it up.

I also got an update on my wheels, and they are giving me an E.T.A. of early June! So, I'm obviously not in any hurry. I also talked to my interior/upholstry shop. I am going to recover the bench seat, door panels, dash, and sun visors in a dark washed leather, that looks identical to the Ford "King Ranch" edition interiors. I hope to get all of the pieces to him sometime next week.

My wife and 6 year old daughter arent too interested in helping much. But my 14 month old Son, is really starting to pull his weight. So on sunday, I told him, that if he helped me wrench on the F100, that I would go buy him a new truck. So, we had a deal!!!

Since I held up me end of the deal, He got to work on my truck. I think he made some good progress.

sigpic

Comment

I loooove this body style F100...I'm still tempting to sell the Lightning and go with a project like this. Looks good!!

Comment

Cool project - especially with the kiddo turning wrenches...

Please do us all a favor and remove the comma key from your keyboard.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_92_Notch View Post
              Please do us all a favor and remove the comma key from your keyboard.
              Guilty, as, charged!
              sigpic

Comment

Man, that is one slick ride!!! I love it. Trade? ;D

Comment

Great project. Love the stance, and call me crazy, but I like the wheels that are on there!!
                  92 LX 5.0

Comment

Nice truck

Comment

Originally posted by bobs94formula View Post
                      Great project. Love the stance, and call me crazy, but I like the wheels that are on there!!
                      Nothing crazy about it. I love the wheels that are on it too, but unfortunately they are just on loan from a friend until I get mine.
                      sigpic

Comment

damnit i need to get to work on my '69.

Comment

Well, I finally got the second "parts truck" home. It has everything on it that I need. But the more I look at it, the more guilty I feel. It is one of the nicest/straightest F100 Ive ever seen. As this 69 F100 Ranger is flawless. It was parked on a farm, under an overhang of a barn in 1988. And hasnt moved until now. So, it was a barn find of sorts. Dirty, and real faded...but the body is straight as an arrow. It has every single piece of trim on it, just like to came from the factory. Not one single dent in any of the trim. (The only dent on the entire truck, is a spot on the nose of the hood about the size of a golf ball.

So, I'm going to feel like a bitch when I take the parts I need..... then send the rest to the crusher. But here She is, in all her glory!

sigpic

Comment

cool project, I to hate sending stuff to the crusher. I've sent 3 in the past 2 years. Number 4 and 5 are soon to follow.

Comment

what are you going to do with the drivetrain in the parts truck?

im interested if its a V8...

let me know

Comment

what parts will you be keeping on the parts truck? I'd be interested in it if its somewhat of a roller.

Comment

Working...
                                X