No announcement yet.

Random car thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Take a look at a fox body door panel compared to a new mustang and you'll understand why they are bigger cars.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ View Post
      Take a look at a fox body door panel compared to a new mustang and you'll understand why they are bigger cars.
      Uh, since when were we comparing it to Fox Bodies? By the time the Fox morphed into the SN95 they kept getting bigger and bigger. Everyone here is well aware that the Fox, the first gen and the Mustang II are all the small and lite cars.
      We all know that the current gen is larger BUT not everyone knew that the 71-73 was larger.

Sitting right next to a 2014 they look smaller even though they are an inch or so wider. They are two inches shorter and almost an inch less in length but with the hips and curves it just "seems" quite a bit smaller.
      Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

• Originally posted by LaserSVT View Post
        Uh, since when were we comparing it to Fox Bodies? By the time the Fox morphed into the SN95 they kept getting bigger and bigger. Everyone here is well aware that the Fox, the first gen and the Mustang II are all the small and lite cars.
        That's exactly what he is saying.

Comment

• Originally posted by cool cat View Post
          It's amazing what 50+ years of technology and refinement can do for a car.
          heck, I'm just talking about going from my 2010 to my 2015. Even in my 2010, an eight hour drive would leave me tired sore and mentally fatigued. But not in the 15.
          I literally drove to Houston and back in the 10, then the next weekend did the exact same drive in the exact same time frame in the 15. WORLDS APART!

Comment

• Originally posted by Big A View Post
            That's exactly what he is saying.
            I am aware and was in agreement with his statement but we were comparing the new Stang to the 71-73 were we not? Or is the conversation just moving over to randomness again?
            Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

• Comment

Comment

I am aware and was in agreement with his statement but we were comparing the new Stang to the 71-73 were we not? Or is the conversation just moving over to randomness again?
                  It started as new versus old 65-68 (in my mind), then the 71-73 was brought into it, then the fox and SN95 was mentioned. Not random, just comparing the sizes over all years.

Comment

We all know that the current gen is larger BUT not everyone knew that the 71-73 was larger.

Sitting right next to a 2014 they look smaller even though they are an inch or so wider. They are two inches shorter and almost an inch less in length but with the hips and curves it just "seems" quite a bit smaller.
                    Right over your head. It's safety. You pretty much stated the transition. The Fox was the last mustang chassis that didn't have the more stringent side impact tests.
                    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                          how tall are you?
                          6'3" 245lbs. With the aftermarket seats I fit in my 65 Falcon just fine.
                          1965 Ford Falcon Pro-Touring Project
                          TCI F/R Suspension, 3V-4.6 & TR3560, LT III Wheels

sigpic
                          Work In Progress

Comment

• Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
                            Those look great. I say rock'em.

sigpic
                            Work In Progress

Comment

• Originally posted by lowfast View Post
                              Those look great. I say rock'em.
                              they where too big, almost brought it back up to stock ride height.. And I took it off the wife's old GT, we don't even have that car anymore.

Comment

• I am a fan of trucks dumped on large wheels (within reason). Have you rolled your new mustangs wheels over to the truck yet? Always thought it was cool ford used the same bolt patterns on the ranger, explorer and mustang.

sigpic
                                Work In Progress

Comment

Working...
                                X