Little bit of redneck racing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WesB View Post
    I know our 04 Maxxim Chassis wouldn't sit flat on the ground. The left side of the car at the down bar behind the driver was an inch off the ground and the right side would be touching the ground all the way around.

Our Wolfweld Chassis aren't that bad they sit alot flatter.
    Umm, both rails should have been completely flat on the ground. The chassis would just lean to the left. Raised rail cars are built 1/2-1" shorter on the left side cage. If I'm reading what you're saying correctly, your car was bent to begin with. I had an '04 big max RR 39" car when I first started, it was the best slick track car I've had.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
      Umm, both rails should have been completely flat on the ground. The chassis would just lean to the left. Raised rail cars are built 1/2-1" shorter on the left side cage. If I'm reading what you're saying correctly, your car was bent to begin with. I had an '04 big max RR 39" car when I first started, it was the best slick track car I've had.
      the ones i've been around, start to kick up just past the motor plate.....
      pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

Originally posted by Grape View Post
        thats because it was a raised rail for when the car wings down and you don't want it dragging the earth. you block them accordingly
        Right, I just didn't want to get too technical in here. Our new chassis is not raised rail. Our last chassis was a weird kinda raised, kinda not. It raised at the back of the downbar for the main cage not at the motor plate. That was Doug Wolfgang's idea of a raised rail.

Comment

the ones i've been around, start to kick up just past the motor plate.....
          When I spoke to Maxim, they said the their entire left side cage had the lower rail 1" higher. /shrug maybe different manufacturers build them differently?

Comment

Most deffinantly. Doug's chassis are different than any other chassis I've seen, but then again most of them look alot alike.

Comment

When I spoke to Maxim, they said the their entire left side cage had the lower rail 1" higher. /shrug maybe different manufacturers build them differently?
              makes since, it would def be easier to built that way. i've never been too close to any maxims, ton's of eagle's and j&j's however.
              pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

makes since, it would def be easier to built that way. i've never been too close to any maxims, ton's of eagle's and j&j's however.
                I haven't been too happy with my J&J's. Sure, they're a nice car, but they just seem to be too heavy and they seem to be stiffer than my maxim, which meant the maxim was a bit slower on a heavy track (too tight) and the J&J's was too loose on a slick track, when the money comes into play. I think my next car will either be a GF1 or another Maxim.

Comment

I haven't been too happy with my J&J's. Sure, they're a nice car, but they just seem to be too heavy and they seem to be stiffer than my maxim, which meant the maxim was a bit slower on a heavy track (too tight) and the J&J's was too loose on a slick track, when the money comes into play. I think my next car will either be a GF1 or another Maxim.
                  i know Ramey just shitcanned an entire fleet of GF1's for whatever reason. we always manage to order cars and hack them up and move rear axles around by the time we are done.....it's tough when you don't want people knowing what you are buying or doing.
                  pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

Yeah, my driver doesn't like me giving out information either. I will tell you we are very happy with the WolfWelds, ofcourse getting help from Doug Wolfgang doesn't hurt either.

Comment

i know Ramey just shitcanned an entire fleet of GF1's for whatever reason. we always manage to order cars and hack them up and move rear axles around by the time we are done.....it's tough when you don't want people knowing what you are buying or doing.
                      That guy spends a PILE of cash to run "locally." It doesn't surprise me one bit that he did something like that.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                        X