4bangen's official rc tread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rotortrash View Post
    Something about flying high dollar airplanes with a $50 radio doesn't make sense to me. If you use it as a radio for foamies or something, go for it. If you're looking to get into some more expensive quads or airplanes, get a better radio. You really do get what you pay for.
    Yeah that has me going too. I did like my DX6i a lot though. I often think about replacing the Devo7 I have now. I have yet to have an issue but I keep thinking its a $50 radio controlling $600 worth of quad a 1/4 mile away and its going pretty fast plus they don't glide. LOL

4banger, love the Jeep.
    Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rotortrash View Post
      I have no experience with the Frsky radio, but I have heard good things. Roy's Hobby Shop in Hurst carries them now. The Orange radios on the other hand, I've seen as much bad as I have good. We have a couple members that had them, lost several airplanes to the Orange before they threw it in the trash. Another member still flies his, but we all land and hide while he's flying.

Something about flying high dollar airplanes with a $50 radio doesn't make sense to me. If you use it as a radio for foamies or something, go for it. If you're looking to get into some more expensive quads or airplanes, get a better radio. You really do get what you pay for.
      I agree completely. Anything that goes over the $400 threshold, or is going to be flown at any considerable distance gets a Spektrum with a satellite.

I run Orange on foamies and my smaller quads, and usually add a satellite for peace of mind.

Comment

• Well I got the Jeep finished. Camera is mounted on the gimbal, so it can look around. The lights are wired in as best as I can and the electronics are sorted out. My daughter and I drove it around a little last night, and other than still having problems with the monitor in my goggles, it went perfect. She sure can drive the crap out of this thing!

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Binky View Post
            fuck I cnt even do that with a plane! lol

Comment

• I finally got some video recorded last night. Was sitting at my computer desk while driving it outside.

and ya, I know I need to mow my yard.

Comment

• I feel like you need to adjust the tracking on your vcr lol. That is a neat project.

Comment

• Originally posted by shumpertdavid View Post
                  I feel like you need to adjust the tracking on your vcr lol. That is a neat project.
                  Nah, he just needs a 4 head VCR..LOL Cool stuff in this thread for sure.

Comment

• Nice jeans.

Get a cloverleaf antenna.
                    Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

• Originally posted by LaserSVT View Post
                      Nice jeans.

Get a cloverleaf antenna.
                      lol, thats my 8yo. little girl not me.
                      I have a bunch of clover antennas, just hadnt put one on this thing yet.

Comment

• Seems to have nice range.What vTx are you using?

I have been really getting into the FPV thing. Found the Ladybird FPV for cheap and think I will get one to putter around the house.

Comment

Seems to have nice range.What vTx are you using?

I have been really getting into the FPV thing. Found the Ladybird FPV for cheap and think I will get one to putter around the house.
                          I'm running 5.8, just a cheep 200mW 32 channel transmitter and a hobbyking receiver.

Made my last line of sight test flight on the R2D2 B17 with the pan tilt.
                          Next, I mount the camera, and transmitter. Then Paint and she's ready.

Comment

• Yeah but what MODEL is the vTx? It looks like the TS5823. If so, that is a really solid vTx. Good for a 1/4 mile with the cloverleafs.

Seeing your planes makes me want to get back into them. I think I am gonna order a few of the PZ micro ones. Maybe the Mustang and the F4.

Comment

Yeah but what MODEL is the vTx? It looks like the TS5823. If so, that is a really solid vTx. Good for a 1/4 mile with the cloverleafs.

Seeing your planes makes me want to get back into them. I think I am gonna order a few of the PZ micro ones. Maybe the Mustang and the F4.
                              ah, ya thats what it is. Part of my video singnal problem was that I was in the house and the jeep was outside.

Comment

• Flight controller freaked right the fuck out. Super high speed run into the ground. Middle of 77 at the intersection no less. All the sudden I lost all controls except throttle. By the time I figured that out the quad was 400' off target and upside down at near full throttle.
                                Total loss. Flight control is trashed, vTx is broke in half, motors seized, camera shattered, antennas ripped out of the rX.... hell even the BEC broke in half.

Comment

Working...
                                X