Random PICTURE of the day thread *KEEP IT WORK SAFE*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• soon. soon.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• is the rv a photoshop? there is zero uptravel

god bless.
      It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

• Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
        is the rv a photoshop? there is zero uptravel

god bless.
        It looks like one... those are deuce axles.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ View Post

soon. soon.
          I want....

Comment

• Originally posted by talisman View Post
            The abandoned DeLorean test track in Dunmurry, Ireland

Comment

• I can't watch that. I have a hard time taking DeLorean owners seriously based off of my experiences with one of them and that episode of Monster Garage.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tannerm View Post
                I want....
                Lever guns are actually extremely quiet suppressed since they are a closed action with no movement. .30-30 is ballistically equivalent to .300blk - it's almost identical. The only problem is threading lever guns is very difficult. Many of the actions make removing the barrel quite tricky, and many gunsmiths are not set up to balance the barrels and will decline to thread them.

Comment

Lever guns are actually extremely quiet suppressed since they are a closed action with no movement. .30-30 is ballistically equivalent to .300blk - it's almost identical. The only problem is threading lever guns is very difficult. Many of the actions make removing the barrel quite tricky, and many gunsmiths are not set up to balance the barrels and will decline to thread them.
                  I know I've posted the pic in an armory thread before, but it belongs here too:

The National Firearms Museum’s new Theodore Roosevelt collection, set to debut in June (2012), has the presidential hunter’s 1894 Winchester lever-action rifle.

The President’s rifle comes with the usual Roosevelt bells and whistles — the crescent buttplate, no raised check piece, as well as a little something extra; a threaded barrel. Yes, you guessed it, Roosevelt’s ‘94 Winchester comes with it’s very own Maxim suppressor.

This was the rifle that Roosevelt used to clear the estate of varmints. While this might generate a shrug on your end, please note that the estate was on the North Shore of Long Island. There’s little doubt that his neighbors (the Duponts, the Tiffanys, etc…) failed to appreciate the crack of gunfire on a weekday afternoon. So, in consideration of the neighbor’s piece of mind, Teddy took care of the problem as quietly as possible.

Comment

• Yeah that thing is badass. His neighbor said he use to walk outside in his underwear in the morning and shoot animals. They beat silencerco to market on the asymmetrical suppressor.
                    Last edited by CJ; 11-05-2013, 04:30 PM.

Comment

• Teddy was such a badass. Proud to share a birthday with that man.

Comment

• Originally posted by talisman View Post
                        Teddy was such a badass. Proud to share a birthday with that man.
                        Pretty much my historical figure hero. The dude was fucking badass.

I'm in the middle of a 1000 page book about his crusade to save America's national treasures and start the park system, wildlife refuges, etc.

Comment

• My favorite president!!

Comment

• One of those is slightly edited.

Comment

• Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
                              My favorite president!!

Comment

One of those is slightly edited.
                                Can't hear you! Riding a moose!

(if i remember correctly it was a campaign thing, right? Photoshop v0.1?)

Comment

Working...
                                X