Random PICTURE of the day thread *KEEP IT WORK SAFE*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cooter View Post
    He may be talented, but his brand of music has never appealed to me in any way. I can't name a single Foo Fighters song and could only recognize maybe one or two as far as saying "that's a Foo Fighters song, right?"

I've never had any interest... maybe it's the name of the band? IDK
    I listened to Nirvana and bought all their early EP's back in '90ish. I did not pay attention to the Foos until 2005 or so when it dawned on me that they had quite a few decent songs. A friend let me borrow a few discs and I liked them. The Foos are not as dark as Nirvana but we saw how that ended. Not everything they do is stellar but here are a few good tracks IMO.
    Everlong
    Let it Die
    Best of You
    All my Life
    The Pretender

Comment

• "PSH!!!"

Comment

• Nirvana wouldnt have lasted but maybe one more album imho.

Foo fighters even if i only own two of the records make better albums and actually care more about the music they make. Nirvana was at the right place right time and spoke to alot of people. But gotta remember foo fighters still put out consistently better albums, and have been going strong for 20 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
          How old were you back in the early 90's?
          I graduated high school in '91. So 18. But I'm also a musician so I have a different perspective on it than a lot of people do. I've been into music since I got my first guitar in 1986. Nirvana has its place but Foo Fighters are just better all the way around. I am a little biased though. I was never a big fan of the grunge movement. It was so dark and depressing. If I want dark music I prefer it in the form of metal. Not in the form of simplified, mid tempo, whiny vocal songs. Now, if those Nirvana songs were in a form something akin to Minor Threat I personally think they'd be better.
          "You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating Fruit Loops on your front porch"

Comment

• easy now, he'll tell you how he played drums in the church band every 3st sunday.

Comment

• I guess I'm just a little too dark

Originally posted by EW View Post
              I listened to Nirvana and bought all their early EP's back in '90ish. I did not pay attention to the Foos until 2005 or so when it dawned on me that they had quite a few decent songs. A friend let me borrow a few discs and I liked them. The Foos are not as dark as Nirvana but we saw how that ended. Not everything they do is stellar but here are a few good tracks IMO.
              Everlong
              Let it Die
              Best of You
              All my Life
              The Pretender
              http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

• back on topic

Comment

• Originally posted by AdRock View Post
                  I am a little biased though. I was never a big fan of the grunge movement. It was so dark and depressing.
                  It was good because it wasn't mainstream, at least at first. The only bands I listened to who I considered were dark/depressing were NIN, Nirvana and Filter. I don't think SoundGarden, Pearl Jam, Janes Addiction, Mother Love Bone or Primus were that way. I tried to like Foo Fighters, but nothing I've listened to really did it for me other than the accoustic version of Times Like These. I'm not sure what you mean by how fans are treated. Every show I ever went to was high energy. People back then liked to see butt hurt musicians.

Originally posted by Tremor14 View Post
                  easy now, he'll tell you how he played drums in the church band every 3st sunday.
                  Nah. I've never felt the urge to prove myself by listing what venues in where I've installed toilets.
                  Last edited by SS Junk; 10-01-2015, 07:08 AM.

Comment

• did you bite that line right from the tip of your masters dick?

pic for content.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tremor14 View Post
                      did you bite that line right from the tip of your masters dick?
                      What? Last I checked the one with the money that hires the toilet installer is your master.

Comment

• right... you dont ever get tired of being such a clown at your age?

Comment

• Comment

• "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

• "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

• Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                                T&C truck
                                Rambo? Rambo's a pussy.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X