Random PICTURE of the day thread *KEEP IT WORK SAFE*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Ronald Reagan:"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

Homer: "Bart...there's 2 things I know about women. Never give them nicknames like "jumbo" or "boxcar" and always keep receipts...it makes you look like a business man."

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dad View Post
          Should we ask for Chuck??? 😁

Comment

• "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

• "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

• Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
                The airgun designs and smart parts stickers... someones oldschool as fuck
                DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

• Must be one of the newly legislated Cali compliant guns, the mag is welded to the lower, and loaded from the bottom.

Comment

• sigpic

Comment

• Heh

Comment

• Originally posted by Big A View Post
                        Must be one of the newly legislated Cali compliant guns, the mag is welded to the lower, and loaded from the bottom.
                        I wonder if that could work? Law conforming aside, could the physics work? You'd basically have a mag that's open at both ends, load the cartridges, then a follower/spring assembly that would then act as normal.

I guess the same thing could be achieved by removing the floor-plate to a magpul and loading it from the bottom.
                        G'Day Mate

Comment

• sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
                            I wonder if that could work? Law conforming aside, could the physics work? You'd basically have a mag that's open at both ends, load the cartridges, then a follower/spring assembly that would then act as normal.

I guess the same thing could be achieved by removing the floor-plate to a magpul and loading it from the bottom.
                            My first thought was a removable spring assembly, but then how do you ensure that the rounds line up properly as you insert them/drop them in. It will be interesting to see what they come up with, anything will be better than top-loading one by one. ANother thought is to have a open slot on the side of the mag with a tab/handle attached to the top of the spring, where you manually release tension as you slide rounds into the top of the mag from the back.

Or we'll just move back to Texas as I have been day-dreaming about lately.

Comment

• Some Thursday hilarity for you.

I'm currently in an Advanced Energy Finance class. A couple weeks ago we spent some time in the UC Denver commodities trading center learning Trading Technologies software. We're working in a simulation (not real money), but it's all realtime market pricing, volume, etc.

This week we have a crude (CL1 - Sep '16) speculating assignment. Can't hold overnight positions, so each day is basically a fresh start. I had some dental work done this morning, so my day started with 4 Triazolams (Halcion) followed by Hydrocodone. The only thing I remember from a 4 hour block of my morning is blood in my mouth in the car on the way home.
                              Anyway, at some point I realized I was on my couch and thought I should be productive so I started makng some trades. I had 45 open positions and passed out for 2 hours and when I came to I was up $147,990. Gonna go get my white Countach now!

Conversely, another classmate lost $96,000 while watching a 2 minute video of a dachshund surfing.

Last edited by Strychnine; 07-28-2016, 09:25 PM.

Comment

• Damn!

I don't do a lot of trading, so I find things like this funny.

When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Working...
                                X