Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
    Some Thursday hilarity for you.

I'm currently in an Advanced Energy Finance class. A couple weeks ago we spent some time in the UC Denver commodities trading center learning Trading Technologies software. We're working in a simulation (not real money), but it's all realtime market pricing, volume, etc.

This week we have a crude speculating assignment. Can't hold overnight positions, so each day is basically a fresh start. I had some dental work done this morning, so my day started with 4 Triazolams (Halcion) followed by Hydrocodone. The only thing I remember from a 4 hour block of my morning is blood in my mouth in the car on the way home.
    Anyway, at some point I realized I was on my couch and thought I should be productive so I started makng some trades. I had 45 open positions and passed out for 2 hours and when I came to I was up $147,990. Gonna go get my white Countach now!

Conversely, another classmate lost $96,000 while watching a 2 minute video of a dachshund surfing.

lol
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

• LMAO is that legit?

Comment

Some Thursday hilarity for you.

I'm currently in an Advanced Energy Finance class. A couple weeks ago we spent some time in the UC Denver commodities trading center learning Trading Technologies software. We're working in a simulation (not real money), but it's all realtime market pricing, volume, etc.

[IMG]pictar[/IMG]

This week we have a crude (CL1 - Sep '16) speculating assignment. Can't hold overnight positions, so each day is basically a fresh start. I had some dental work done this morning, so my day started with 4 Triazolams (Halcion) followed by Hydrocodone. The only thing I remember from a 4 hour block of my morning is blood in my mouth in the car on the way home.
          Anyway, at some point I realized I was on my couch and thought I should be productive so I started makng some trades. I had 45 open positions and passed out for 2 hours and when I came to I was up $147,990. Gonna go get my white Countach now!

Conversely, another classmate lost $96,000 while watching a 2 minute video of a dachshund surfing.

[img]pictaar[/img]
          Like a boss.

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
          Damn!

I don't do a lot of trading, so I find things like this funny.

LMFAO

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
          I'll take two round trips plz!

That's bad ass.

David

Comment

LMAO is that legit?
            It is! I seen't it!
            "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

LMAO is that legit?
              Yes sir!
              When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

• Comment

This cracked me the hell up.
                  When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

• When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

• sigpic

Comment

• ^^^ lol!
                        "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

• "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Working...
                                X