No announcement yet.

Jeep Grand Wagoneers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you guys want to question my man hood I'll happily compare chest hair, bitches.

As for where this is going, you guys are starting to go WAY overboard with my intentions. I'm talking about something that has 4wd, and maybe putting some offroad tires on it, just to take on unpaved but fairly "there" roads. That is about it. If I wanted something crazy I'd buy it already built, as that shit gets expensive.

I let the Wagoneer I was looking at expire on eBay this morning. Still pursuing a lot of different vehicles. I really did like that fucker though and it was cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
      If you guys want to question my man hood I'll happily compare chest hair, bitches.

As for where this is going, you guys are starting to go WAY overboard with my intentions. I'm talking about something that has 4wd, and maybe putting some offroad tires on it, just to take on unpaved but fairly "there" roads. That is about it. If I wanted something crazy I'd buy it already built, as that shit gets expensive.

I let the Wagoneer I was looking at expire on eBay this morning. Still pursuing a lot of different vehicles. I really did like that fucker though and it was cheap.
      There are better vehicles on breaking bad, just give it time!

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
        There are better vehicles on breaking bad, just give it time!
        hahahaha

On Season 3, episode 2!

Comment

The oiling passages in the oil filter mount can be opened up and smoothed to improve circulation. Of course 60's era engine design had less pressure oil pressure at the rear main bearing. An added redirect line in the valley improves this. There are several aftermarket fuel injection systems that can be used on this engine including engine specific setups.
          I have a 304 in my CJ with Accell 4 barrel throttle body. It's better than new in the fuel delivery department.
          There is a Grand Waggy resto group in Richardson.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ5 View Post
            The oiling passages in the oil filter mount can be opened up and smoothed to improve circulation. Of course 60's era engine design had less pressure oil pressure at the rear main bearing. An added redirect line in the valley improves this. There are several aftermarket fuel injection systems that can be used on this engine including engine specific setups.
            I have a 304 in my CJ with Accell 4 barrel throttle body. It's better than new in the fuel delivery department.
            There is a Grand Waggy resto group in Richardson.
            The newb brings up a good point, Ive seen tests on early model mustangs that get 5-10 mpg more with a bolt on TBI style EFI.
            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Sounds like you won't need 4wd at all, and based on your manhood, you should just get a newish VW Beetle. Go vert or go home.

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
                We have a 2003 and it kicks ass. 4wd v8.
                Was the 03 a body change over year? More towards the mid-size category?

Originally posted by John Galt View Post
                At 10-12 mpg, look at an excursion with a V10. This is the ultimate family truckster in my opinion and they can be picked up in great condition for less than $10k.
                Just what a single man with a dog needs!

Sounds like you won't need 4wd at all, and based on your manhood, you should just get a newish VW Beetle. Go vert or go home.
                LOL! Oddly enough, I can picture that.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                  Was the 03 a body change over year? More towards the mid-size category?
                  Ya, they changed from '02 to '03. We've had zero issues with this one. It rides extremely smooth, handles great, is extremely quiet, and will flat out scoot for an SUV. I haven't put it through any offroading yet (it's the old lady's ride), but I'm confident it would do well.

Ours has 135k miles and it still seems like a brand new vehicle. Gets about 17 mpg combined city/hwy. Takes premium fuel, so that kind sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post

Just what a single man with a dog needs!
                    No shit.

Fuck you, Jared. Next time I see Craig has you cornered at a party, you're on your own.

Comment

No shit.

Fuck you, Jared. Next time I see Craig has you cornered at a party, you're on your own.
                      dont you think that might be a little harsh?
                      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
                        dont you think that might be a little harsh?
                        Right!?

We were friends once!

Comment

Another vote for a 4Runner. They're RWD based, run like clocks and the rear window rolls down. I love mine.

Comment

No shit. Escape is 100% a chick's car.
                            The 13+ are nice! The interiors are bad ass. No way I would own an older one though.

Comment

Originally posted by UserX View Post
                              The 13+ are nice! The interiors are bad ass. No way I would own an older one though.
                              They are nice. My mom has one. Still a chick car, though.

Comment

Ya, they changed from '02 to '03. We've had zero issues with this one. It rides extremely smooth, handles great, is extremely quiet, and will flat out scoot for an SUV. I haven't put it through any offroading yet (it's the old lady's ride), but I'm confident it would do well.

Ours has 135k miles and it still seems like a brand new vehicle. Gets about 17 mpg combined city/hwy. Takes premium fuel, so that kind sucks.
                                Knock sensors. My r/t is supposed to, but I throw in cheap fuel because - fuck you dodge!

Comment

Working...
                                X