No announcement yet.

Jeep Grand Wagoneers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Go with the wagoneer. They require work but they are well documented and everything is easy.

I get about 10mpg with 33s, stock 727 & 3.42 axles. Mine has aluminum intake, no emissions, carb, and headers.

I plan to go with a 5.3 or 6.0, 4L80e or possibly nv4500... should be a 15-18mpg rig after that.

My 2007 tahoe z71 only gets 18 highway...

With original grill

Comment

Originally posted by ShawnQ View Post
      Go with the wagoneer.
      Nice one!

Comment

Badass Jeep, ShawnQ! But that grill is hideous, put the stocker back on! Reminds me a a cheesy Rolls Royce grill on a VW or something.

Comment

Originally posted by UserX View Post
          Badass Jeep, ShawnQ! But that grill is hideous, put the stocker back on! Reminds me a a cheesy Rolls Royce grill on a VW or something.
          To each their own. Its off a 60s jeep.

Comment

Originally posted by UserX View Post
            you have gone and lost your goddamn mind.
            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

That's badass!!

Comment

Someone in Dallas installed 4 cylinder Cummins in his GW.

Comment

That grill looks fucking awesome on there!

Comment

That GW and the grill are awesome... Nice ride Shawn

Comment

Looks good, different with the 60s looking nose I kinda like it!

Comment

Haven't updated this, I've currently narrowed things down to late 90's, early 00's 4 Runners. From what I can see, these things are built like brick shithouses, and should be a good roadtrip/ mild offroad vehicle. Any thoughts? Options to look for? Need to find one to test drive and see if I like it.

Comment

I really liked my 4 Runner. Can't beat a Toyota.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                            Haven't updated this, I've currently narrowed things down to late 90's, early 00's 4 Runners. From what I can see, these things are built like brick shithouses, and should be a good roadtrip/ mild offroad vehicle. Any thoughts? Options to look for? Need to find one to test drive and see if I like it.
                            Really not much to look for in them, solid choice. My Dad had a 98 4x4.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                              The Test Drive isn't going to blow your skirt up... Kinda utilitarian but in my immediate family we have had three in that vintage (All 6 cyl 4x4). All three were sold with 250K+ miles and still running like tops.

Comment

Originally posted by Treybiz View Post
                                The Test Drive isn't going to blow your skirt up... Kinda utilitarian but in my immediate family we have had three in that vintage (All 6 cyl 4x4). All three were sold with 250K+ miles and still running like tops.
                                I just sold one that had 180ish on it, and it was still nice and tight. The 3.0's like to shit head gaskets, but are decent otherwise.
                                "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Working...
                                X