No announcement yet.

What is your goal this year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3,000 miles on the bike & 300 running miles.

I am just getting into running for my wife. I have a 10k in a few weeks, a 15k in February and a a couple half's in the comming months. We will see how that goes. As of now I have a inflamed muscle in my foot so I think I pushed it too fast on the running. Hope its healed in the next week or so. I have to catch up on my miles. Its too early to be getting behind.

I also want to push my racing this year. I hope to at least get 5 or so top 5 finishes in Cat 5 and try to cat up. I am also going to start some cat 3 mountain racing this year.

Since I don't travel for work anymore it is going to be much easier to hit my goals as I wont be gone for a week here a week there.

Comment

no offense, but i can't help but lol at some of the folks in here talking about adding 20-30lbs of solid weight (assuming you mean lean muscle) in one year? 217 to 250 or 190 to 215 (and get leaner). i understand setting your goals high, but sans anabolics i don't see it happening. no doubt you can put on 20-30lbs in a year, but i doubt they'll all be solid lean lbs.

i am around 195lb right now (up about 10lbs from completely jumping ship from my diet over the holiday), i just want to get my abs back like they were and keep my strength up.

Comment

Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
        no offense, but i can't help but lol at some of the folks in here talking about adding 20-30lbs of solid weight (assuming you mean lean muscle) in one year? 217 to 250 or 190 to 215 (and get leaner). i understand setting your goals high, but sans anabolics i don't see it happening. no doubt you can put on 20-30lbs in a year, but i doubt they'll all be solid lean lbs.

i am around 195lb right now (up about 10lbs from completely jumping ship from my diet over the holiday), i just want to get my abs back like they were and keep my strength up.
        Meh, not really lean now, so who cares! and I'm still learning. I just want to weigh around 20lbs heavier with no discernible gain in fat. Already have my diet ironed out (stopped the dirty bulking), just working on the workouts and what works best for me now. Lol away, but I see no reason I can't go from almost 195lbs to aroun 215lbs by early summer and stay semi lean (again, a little bit of fat is no big deal to me). Then I'll just switch to cutting.
        Ded

Comment

currently at 190 lbs. no idea what body fat, want to be 200 lbs. lean by the end of the year

Comment

Originally posted by Beej View Post
            3,000 miles on the bike & 300 running miles.

I am just getting into running for my wife. I have a 10k in a few weeks, a 15k in February and a a couple half's in the comming months. We will see how that goes. As of now I have a inflamed muscle in my foot so I think I pushed it too fast on the running. Hope its healed in the next week or so. I have to catch up on my miles. Its too early to be getting behind.

I also want to push my racing this year. I hope to at least get 5 or so top 5 finishes in Cat 5 and try to cat up. I am also going to start some cat 3 mountain racing this year.

Since I don't travel for work anymore it is going to be much easier to hit my goals as I wont be gone for a week here a week there.
            That's pretty worthy mileage goals. I hit around 3k on my bikes last year. Plan to do it again this year, plus those running totals.

I need to reel in my diet. I should be a lot leaner after riding that many miles last year. Getting into the gym and building a little muscle wouldn't hurt things either. I didn't step into a gym a single time last year.
            Rachel McAdams nude pics

Comment

Originally posted by vadertt View Post
              Meh, not really lean now, so who cares! and I'm still learning. I just want to weigh around 20lbs heavier with no discernible gain in fat. Already have my diet ironed out (stopped the dirty bulking), just working on the workouts and what works best for me now. Lol away, but I see no reason I can't go from almost 195lbs to aroun 215lbs by early summer and stay semi lean (again, a little bit of fat is no big deal to me). Then I'll just switch to cutting.
              okay, i guess i was just imagining that you guys were expecting to put on 20-30lbs and lean up at the same time. if thats not the case then for sure you can add on that kind of weight. my buddy who fights jiu-jitsu will go from ~168 to 190 in no time after a competition and i can hardly tell

Comment

Get back in the gym for starts!
                Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
                Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
                  okay, i guess i was just imagining that you guys were expecting to put on 20-30lbs and lean up at the same time. if thats not the case then for sure you can add on that kind of weight. my buddy who fights jiu-jitsu will go from ~168 to 190 in no time after a competition and i can hardly tell
                  Yeah, I'd love it to be an immediate thing, lean and bigger/cut. But I know it doesn't work like that (at least for me). It's 12 week cycle, one week off then back. Bulk until I get fat (or adjust my diet) and then cut the weight off.

You and your girl seem pretty knowledgeable, any tips?
                  Ded

Comment

to get back into my routine without hurting something. i probably need some vitamins or something simple like that but it never fails i hurt a shoulder or elbow just as im starting to really make progress. i may just be impatient and moving up in weight too quickly. i dunno
                    07 f250-family truckster
                    08 Denali -baby hauler
                    52 f1-rust bucket
                    05 Jeep tj. Buggy
                    livin the double-wide dream

Comment

Originally posted by stangin4lyfe View Post
                      Oh I am too, but there is ALWAYS room for improvement in everything in life.
                      Why can't the guys bring their wives around you?
                      It's just a joke. One guy said that his wife will leave him if she meets me so he is not going to bring her around me. They are not very nice to me at all but I am pretty abusive to them also.
                      Whos your Daddy?

Comment

I'd like to put 5-8 lbs on by July, and break a few athletic plateaus I reached this winter.
                        Big Rooster Racing "Dare to win well."

Comment

Improve my flexibility and agility like how i was in HS. I'm 26 now, i dont have the speed/agility like i use to and it's showing in flag football

Increase my vertical so i can dunk

More Cardio.
                          Originally posted by 03trubluGT
                          Your opinion is what sucks.
                          You are too stupied and arrogant

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
                            I'd like to be able to swim a 40 min. mile (open water), run a 10k in 48 min, and do my 25 mile bike in 1:10 back-to-back-to-back. 20 years ago it would have been cake, but at 51, it's a little tougher. I'm close on the bike and the run, but swimming sucks. It's a necessary evil if I want to do these Tri's.
                            That's some pretty lofty stuff..but nice to shoot for. I'd love to be able to do that. I'm planning on tackling a sprint tri. The only thing on your list I could come close to is the 25 mi bike ride in 1:10. I could do that fresh, but probably not after a run or swim. I can do a 5k in 29, so I'm guessing a 10k is about an hour for me at this point. I know squat about swimming though. I need to find a pool to get into and just go after it.
                            Rachel McAdams nude pics

Comment

Originally posted by mustang_marc View Post
                              That's some pretty lofty stuff..but nice to shoot for. I'd love to be able to do that. I'm planning on tackling a sprint tri. The only thing on your list I could come close to is the 25 mi bike ride in 1:10. I could do that fresh, but probably not after a run or swim. I can do a 5k in 29, so I'm guessing a 10k is about an hour for me at this point. I know squat about swimming though. I need to find a pool to get into and just go after it.
                              Swimming has gotten better for me. If you can swim 300 meters, you can handle the sprint Tri's. The Caveman is a good "first event". Being in a pool with dozens of other people can be nerve wracking at first, especially if you're not used to it. I swim about a mile 2-3 times a week at an LA Fitness near me. I can do it in 40 minutes, but it's not "open water", which is entirely different.
                              I'm running 8:10 pace right now, so I'm close. The bike is my strongest event, so I'm there time-wise. From the sprint-length Tri's I've done, my times haven't dropped much during events. Swimming 400 yards doesn't tire me out for the bike, but a mile swim (or thereabouts) will.

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
                                Swimming has gotten better for me. If you can swim 300 meters, you can handle the sprint Tri's. The Caveman is a good "first event". Being in a pool with dozens of other people can be nerve wracking at first, especially if you're not used to it. I swim about a mile 2-3 times a week at an LA Fitness near me. I can do it in 40 minutes, but it's not "open water", which is entirely different.
                                I'm running 8:10 pace right now, so I'm close. The bike is my strongest event, so I'm there time-wise. From the sprint-length Tri's I've done, my times haven't dropped much during events. Swimming 400 yards doesn't tire me out for the bike, but a mile swim (or thereabouts) will.
                                Yeah swimming in open water is no joke VS open water and waves. I can swim miles in a pool, and even bike thirty miles no problem. However you can kiss my a$$ on that running BS. LOL My knees hate running with a passion. I can not say I am a fan myself even if I had a good right knee. I can sprint no problem to chase but man I hate just random distance running.
                                Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Working...
                                X