Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Wars: The Old Republic Presales have begun!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah it was kind of a pain at higher ranks, trying to find your trainer, when you were on a planet, and 3-4 maps away from the main area.

The shuttle system was nice, but kind of a pain in some areas. The free speeder mounts on Nar Shaddaa were kind of cool, but they weren't much faster than my sprint ability I got around 15ish.

My companion I set up for a defensive tank, so I could snipe, but she at times, it posed some problems. I wish you could level up and train your companion as you leveled up with skill points for certain aspects, instead of just in general.

Comment

• I didn't get to a very high level on any character. I mostly wanted to figure out what I wanted to play at release. I think the story lines were all pretty good until lvl 10 (highest I got).

Comment

• have we decided on a release sever for all of us?

Comment

• No clue. I do know that I'm rolling a PvE server, I don't want to deal with "TEH HORDE TEHY GANKING MEEEEE!" either reading it, or screaming it.

Comment

• Our guild is going to a pvp server. When youve got two groups that hate each other, theres a bit of a luster lost when you could walk right up to them on a PVE server and them be 100% safe from you exacting your might upon their fragile head. Its closer to an RPG that way.

Besides, i kinda like the feeling of looking out for the jedi scum when i'm out in the world.

Pve is just too much of easy-mode for my tastes.

Comment

• Originally posted by racrguy View Post
              No clue. I do know that I'm rolling a PvE server, I don't want to deal with "TEH HORDE TEHY GANKING MEEEEE!" either reading it, or screaming it.
              Me too, I tried PvP during beta and it really wasnt my thing at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lason View Post
                Me too, I tried PvP during beta and it really wasnt my thing at all.
                I didn't even attempt the PvP, I did duel a little bit though, so I doubt it's quite the same lol. I'm just not big on PvP because of the FOTM stuff that rolls around.

Comment

• i couldnt play on a pve server, not that im big on pvp but it is a huge part of the game

Comment

• The Pre-launch guild program ended today and we should be getting e-mails about what server we're assigned to in a few days, I'll update this post when I get my e-mail.

Comment

• I still dont understand the pre-launch guild program. So is that what they are doing? Assigning guilds to certain servers?

Part of the guild Im in wants PvP and part wants PvE so wonder how that will work.

Comment

• The guild is configured as either or once its registered. So your guild better decide

Alligences will be considred, and ones that are reciprocal are even higher. so if say for instance you have a l33t end game guild - If you are friends with another end game guild and wabt to make sure you are assigned the same server both guilds need to mark the other as an alligence.

Lets say a fan boi guild wants to be on the same server - they can mark your gyild as an ally, but since its not reciprocal it doesnt mean much and it doesnt mean that you'll be on the same server.

I think they are trying to solve the whole high/low population problem at the outset and seed the servers evenly.

Comment

• Well I just found out my guild changed from PvE to PvP at some point so I guess Im getting stuck on a PvP server.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lason View Post
                            I still dont understand the pre-launch guild program. So is that what they are doing? Assigning guilds to certain servers?

Part of the guild Im in wants PvP and part wants PvE so wonder how that will work.
                            Lason, whatever the guild admin has selected, PvE or PvP server type, will be the server type you're assigned to. You don't have to go to the server designated by BW, but you won't have your guild automatically imported either.

Edit:
                            Originally posted by Lason View Post
                            Well I just found out my guild changed from PvE to PvP at some point so I guess Im getting stuck on a PvP server.
                            You can always make toons on other servers, my guild is set on a PvE server, and we've got room to spare. (there's only 4 people in my guild, including me)

Comment

• If you haven't been keeping up with the news: http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20111207

Comment

• 24ish hours n counting..

Comment

Working...
                                X