anyone here play EVE online anymore?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
    A Caracal running two 250mm rail guns and two heavy missile launchers at the moment.
    ditch the rails and run a full rack of HMLs, put a ballistic control or two in the lows, afterburner, a couple resist mods and a medium shield booster in the mids

Comment

• Network Solutions - Original domain name registration and reservation services with variety of internet-related business offerings. Quick, dependable and reliable.

swap out the assault bays for heavys if you like, either way it will work just fine

Comment

• Originally posted by bottlerocket View Post
        lol get that acct restored?
        Kinda, but getting screwed, not too sure it would be worth it.

Hi again.

We have not received a reply from the current user yet. This is what we can do however. If you create a new account and subscribe for a month, we will restore the deleted character and add ten days to the subscription of that account. There is a possibility that the character name is taken, in which case you would have to choose a new name. Unfortunately we can only retrieve the character and no items.

Best regards,
        GM Nova
        Senior Game master
        EVE Online Customer Support
        So, I'd have to make a new account to get a broke-ass character with absolutely nothing and only around 12 million skill-points, shitty security status and stuck in bum-fucked Egypt with who-knows-what bounty on his head. His future doesn't look too bright.

Stevo
        Originally posted by SSMAN
        ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

• 12mil is quite a few points. Most Corps will require 7mil, it seems to be the point your character is no longer newbish. The no assests thing would bother me most. If my accounts where still active I would spread some wealth.

Comment

• Originally posted by noshine4mine View Post
            12mil is quite a few points. Most Corps will require 7mil, it seems to be the point your character is no longer newbish. The no assests thing would bother me most. If my accounts where still active I would spread some wealth.

It was adequate in 2006, but since the rate that skills add up has been greatly increased since then, I think it might not be now. But the main reason I wanted this char back was I had rat-holed a baby fleet of stealth bombers and interdictors, I had stocked enough that losing some in PVP wasn't an issue.

I have done my best to come back and make my own money and build back up on my alt without getting help, but I wouldn't be able to fit out the new account with what I have. Hopefully, I'll still have the option down the road a bit when I get some savings.

It amazes me to see people with the amount of ISK on the game now, people trashing 500 mil ships daily like it isn't anything while I get happy when I can add 5 mil doing quests and selling loot. Stuff has changed a bit in my absence, 500 mil 4 years ago would make or break a small war between alliances. Now it is just drops in a bucket it seems.

Stevo
            Originally posted by SSMAN
            ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

• You'd be disgusted by some of the alliance members I fly with then. There is one who just chucks Machariels like they are frigs, crazy. Probably 2bil fully fitted. Let me know where your char ends up and if he's anywhere near me, I can work on scouting you out of there.

You're correct in assuming that most corps (at least 0.0) require more SP than used to, mine in particular requires 15, so just a couple months of training and isk making and you can move out here and fly some real PVP if you wanna

It takes isk to make isk too, get the nice fancy shiny shit and youll make money fast, but it ups the risk. My ratting ships dual boxing are worth over 5 bil combined, but I can also make 20-25mil every 20min. It pays off in the end.

Let me know if you need some help moving stuff around. As long as it doesn't involve Jita (privateers constantly war dec us) I can give ya a hand. I'm up in Vale of the Silent which is just above Caldari space.

Comment

• Sneak that bastard into Gurista space and kill battleship rats with an Assault frig.

The only way to make real money is in 0.0, without money to play the markets.

Only takes one faction spawn in 0.0 and YOUR RICH BITCH!!!!

Personally I have only seen 4 or 5 faction spawns, the best one gave me 11mil bounty and dropped a module prolly worth another 30mil.

Worst part for me.....owning all that awesome shit (ships/Modules) and not wanting to undock in it.

I dual boxed missions until I had enough to get a Kronos, as badass as that ship is...the roaches would come out of the woodwork to gank you. It would be like catching a carrier trying to dock.....everyone and thier mom would be logging on to get on the kill mail. :P

Comment

Sneak that bastard into Gurista space and kill battleship rats with an Assault frig.

The only way to make real money is in 0.0, without money to play the markets.

Only takes one faction spawn in 0.0 and YOUR RICH BITCH!!!!

Personally I have only seen 4 or 5 faction spawns, the best one gave me 11mil bounty and dropped a module prolly worth another 30mil.

Worst part for me.....owning all that awesome shit (ships/Modules) and not wanting to undock in it.

I dual boxed missions until I had enough to get a Kronos, as badass as that ship is...the roaches would come out of the woodwork to gank you. It would be like catching a carrier trying to dock.....everyone and thier mom would be logging on to get on the kill mail. :P

Rich from a DG spawn? try running a maze, getting a Pith X-type XL shield booster, a 23rd tier overseers and a rattlesnake BPC

Comment

• lol,

Well there is that. But doesn't that take people to complete? Never done one.

I figure a Lone ASFrig, would be all but invisible in 0.0.

I had a RS BPC from faction points, it was before they became awesome, so I sold it for 900mil. Wish I had kept it. Im pretty sure I still have one of the Navy Ammar battleships. Maybe even a Navy Dominix.

Ya'll make me miss EvE. I just don't have the desire to PvP. That is a deal breaker for most of the 0.0 corps I have been in.

Comment

lol,

Well there is that. But doesn't that take people to complete? Never done one.

I figure a Lone ASFrig, would be all but invisible in 0.0.

I had a RS BPC from faction points, it was before they became awesome, so I sold it for 900mil. Wish I had kept it. Im pretty sure I still have one of the Navy Ammar battleships. Maybe even a Navy Dominix.

Ya'll make me miss EvE. I just don't have the desire to PvP. That is a deal breaker for most of the 0.0 corps I have been in.
                      Haha no, we get kinda bored out in Vale so we'll hunt anything that shows up in local, even if its a cloaky. I chased a group of bombers 15 jumps into Geminate one time.

Sounds like a nice char, if you wanna quit you should just sell him to me, i need another alt

Comment

• Bump
                        installing now
                        I will start playing tomorrow.

Comment

• So far I like this game, however its very deep. There is a lot of background and reading up one must do before being able to fully enjoy it. I just got in the game and than came across being able to buy a clone. Clone? WTF. That came out of left field to me. One more thing I gotta read up on.
                          Slow action though, and i'm having difficulties finding agents or finding a direction on what I should be doing to advance.

Comment

• The Ultimate Sandbox.

Although this is true. at the start it's hard to do some things but not impossible.

Early on I would say most of your excitement will come from bad things happening to you. IE: Players using game mechanics to sucker you into attacking them, suicide ships killing you while you mine, Getting Gate ganked while your hauling 120mil worth of mineral, your first excursion into lowsec, your first excursion into NUllsec, but there are some that will make you keep playing ie: Your first faction module drop, Your first faction battle ship for mission running, your first major fleet battle, the first time you see a Titan, the first time you see a titan in battle ( when you realize it takes like 3-4 weeks to create <--- I could be way off I never built one), The first time your Corp decides they are going to TAKE space...lol.

What I like about EvE is you don't have to be in game constantly clicking to progress.

I remember looking at the market for the first time....thinking HOLY SHIT WHERE DO I BEGIN!

Comment

• I got a loan in game from a friend I know at an old job. Roughly 200 million, he said that would last me enough to decide whether or not I like the game. I already paid for 6 months of in game time. I feel that should give me a good decider or not.
                              Can I have alts training at the same time as my "main" or is only one character allowed to have skills training?

Comment

• Originally posted by roliath View Post
                                I got a loan in game from a friend I know at an old job. Roughly 200 million, he said that would last me enough to decide whether or not I like the game. I already paid for 6 months of in game time. I feel that should give me a good decider or not.
                                Can I have alts training at the same time as my "main" or is only one character allowed to have skills training?
                                Only one training on one account at a time. I have two accounts so I can train 2 and fly 2. But each account can only have one training and one flying at a time.

Comment

Working...
                                X