New tv time, to curve or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New tv time, to curve or not?

We were talking about upgrading to a 65" led for a while, well it is time to do it then suddenly these curved things come out!

Who has one do you like it, what are the real advantages?

Looking at a 4k UHD version 2160P version of either...is it literally just the effect of depth that helps?

Wtf are the benifits of a curved tv?

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
      Wtf are the benifits of a curved tv?
      More money in their pockets.

Comment

Suppose to help immerse you i guess in the moment!

Resolution is the same as regular flats that you can buy, watched a movied the other day on a curved and it was badass, BUT i had never watched a 2160p tv till then there could just be the UHD thing...

Comment

Curved panel is just the newest gimmick, like 3D was a few years ago.

Comment

just get a flat 4k and you will be happy
            Big Rooster Racing
            1985 Mustang GT

Comment

So is there really a big difference from 1080p to 2160p at this time can you really tell? Are blurays different off a player between the two? Does anything even currently stream at 2160p?

Comment

Originally posted by zachary View Post
                So is there really a big difference from 1080p to 2160p at this time can you really tell? Are blurays different off a player between the two? Does anything even currently stream at 2160p?
                There are some 4k youtube videos online. I had a laptop earlier this year with a 4k display. Mostly what I saw was promo-type videos. Of course it's been 5 months or more, so I'm sure there's more content now.

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
                  There are some 4k youtube videos online. I had a laptop earlier this year with a 4k display. Mostly what I saw was promo-type videos. Of course it's been 5 months or more, so I'm sure there's more content now.
                  All the new GoPros shoot pretty good quality 4K up to 120FPS I believe, if so I imagine that that kind of TV will compliment consumer footage pretty well, i.e. all the Jeb Corliss videos, tornado videos etc.

Comment

Current-gen cell phones are shooting 4k video, Netflix has limited 4k streaming content, but Live TV won't have it for a loooooooong time. We decided to go with a larger 1080p TV instead of a smaller 4k TV about a month ago. You have to be sitting fairly close to be able to tell the difference on a 4k TV vs a 1080p TV.

Just save money and buy a 65", flat 1080p TV, unless you're itching to spend big money.

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
                      Current-gen cell phones are shooting 4k video, Netflix has limited 4k streaming content, but Live TV won't have it for a loooooooong time. We decided to go with a larger 1080p TV instead of a smaller 4k TV about a month ago. You have to be sitting fairly close to be able to tell the difference on a 4k TV vs a 1080p TV.

Just save money and buy a 65", flat 1080p TV, unless you're itching to spend big money.
                      I agree completely.

Comment

I have the baller Samsung before they did the curved shit. We got it so my wife can use it as a computer monitor. Her laptop is 4 k and it looks bad ass on the tv... we also have an upscaled Samsung bluray player that shows it to be in 2160p during playback, and compared to a high dollar Denon bluray, the Samsung picture is more detailed and deep. Dunno if the regular content like xbox and direct tv looks better than a 1080 p, but it does has a sick picture. going to get the bigger 83" for the movie room in a year or so when the 65 is paid off.

Comment

I am leaning toward the flat 65" 1080p samsung for now. Sounds like this 4k will not be to useful for a few more years...

Hrtz makes a huge differance? like 500$ worth it?

Samsung UN65H6350 65-Inch 1080p 120Hz Smart LED TV
                          1224$

Samsung UN65H7150 65-Inch 1080p 240Hz 3D Smart LED TV
                          1797$

Comment

You don't need 240 Hz if it's not 3D.

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
                              You don't need 240 Hz if it's not 3D.
                              i disagree with that. I'll put my 240hz tv against any 120. I was just going to say before i read your post, that the picture on my 1080p 240 TV is so good, I dont really see how it could be much better. I've seen the 4k's in the store and cant really tell a difference. I guess I would need to see them side by side ?
                              Vortex rear stand $75
                              8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
                              My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
                              but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
                              11 4 door
                              13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Working...
                              X