New tv time, to curve or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Txstang1 View Post
    i disagree with that. I'll put my 240hz tv against any 120. I was just going to say before i read your post, that the picture on my 1080p 240 TV is so good, I dont really see how it could be much better. I've seen the 4k's in the store and cant really tell a difference. I guess I would need to see them side by side ?
    Is that when it makes the video seem like a handi-cam? If so, I'm not a fan.

We looked at some of the curved TVs last week for the first time. The only way I could see it being preferable is with a huge TV in a small room.

Comment

Movie screens are curved...

Just sayin.

Comment

Originally posted by BoostedD1 View Post
        Movie screens are curved...

Just sayin.
        And everyone sits "within" the curve. That is not usually the case with a TV at home where most of the seating is not.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
          And everyone sits "within" the curve. That is not usually the case with a TV at home where most of the seating is not.
          Get outta here with that logic.

Just sayin...

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
            Is that when it makes the video seem like a handi-cam? If so, I'm not a fan.

We looked at some of the curved TVs last week for the first time. The only way I could see it being preferable is with a huge TV in a small room.
            I didn't care for it at first either, but I love it now. It's like that shit is live.

Comment

Originally posted by CWO View Post
              I didn't care for it at first either, but I love it now. It's like that shit is live.
              I know I would probably get used to it, and will probably be forced to at some point, but for now I'm avoiding it as long as I can.

Comment

A buddy of mine just got one, really didn't seem that much better than an led plasma to me.

Comment

hell..now looking into projectors...1080p ones of those for 700$ now!

Comment

I was skeptical too but I got a 50" Samsung 4k and it's a night and day difference if you own a PC that can actually push 4k content to the max. I know I wont ever buy a 1080 again but that's me.

Sitting far away from a 4k isn't very beneficial. If you plan on sitting more than 8 ft away from a 50/55 inch, I'd go with the 1080.

For monitor use make sure it can do 2160@60p(60hz) and supports 4:4:4 chroma subsampling. Also, there are some threads in AVS forums saying how the "HDMI 2.0" chipsets in these newer 4k TVs likely wont support true 4k Bluray without a 400 dollar converter box when it's released.

Its the same with audio. I had to buy a special 4k pioneer receiver that has pass through 2160@60p/4:4:4 chroma to get everything hooked up right.
                    sigpic

Comment

2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post
                        we sit about 10' away and want a 65" screen...seems perfect to me for 1080p

Comment

The curved screens seem to handle glare much better.

Comment

If you hang it on the wall, isn't a curved screen gonna look weird as fuck? Frys has like a 80 or 90" 4k tv on display and the picture is stunning. It was like seeing 1080p for the first time when all you had in the past was standard def. I thought the difference was that big.

Comment

No.

Comment

projection...
                                "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Comment

Working...
                                X