• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UserX View Post
    Well, anyone see it yet?
    yea I have, fantastic movie.

Comment

I'm no movie reviewer, but I saw it and it was pretty badass movie. Pretty long but worth it.

Plenty of shooting and blood, story/dialogue was very good. Had plenty of funny parts in it as well. Being as long as it was, there wasn't really a part in the movie where it dragged.

Comment

Originally posted by Rafa View Post
        I'm no movie reviewer, but I saw it and it was pretty badass movie. Pretty long but worth it.

Plenty of shooting and blood, story/dialogue was very good. Had plenty of funny parts in it as well. Being as long as it was, there wasn't really a part in the movie where it dragged.
        yea it kept momentum really well.

Christoph Waltz and Leonardo stole the show. I really liked Samuel's part too. I thought Jamie did a good job, but I kinda just saw him as filler which is weird considering the show is about his character. I had high expectations and it exceeded it. Tarantino is a terrible actor as usual.

Comment

^^yep

Waltz just made Jaime look better. Decap, Sam, and Waltz were awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Rafa View Post
            ^^yep

Waltz just made Jaime look better. Decap, Sam, and Waltz were awesome.
            Waltz was everything you'd expect from his character. I really liked what Tarantino did with him.

Im going to watch it again this weekend if I can talk the ol lady into it. This movie was art in every way.

Comment

there was a black couple a few seats down, I bet they felt awkward as shit. I felt really awkward laughing at most of the stuff I did with them sitting there too.

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzo View Post
                there was a black couple a few seats down, I bet they felt awkward as shit. I felt really awkward laughing at most of the stuff I did with them sitting there too.

Shit I didn't...I just laughed...haha

SPOILER......DO NOT REPLY WITH QUOTE

When they confronted Waltz/Fox about them lying and paying 12k upfront, they already had the money and plus some. Sam took 12k, but there was plenty of cash left in wallet when he thew it back on table. Screw up maybe????

Comment

SPOILER AS SHIT!! DO NOT QUOTE!!!

I thought about that, they werent planning on paying them the 12k that day I dont think. I think they were planning on coming back in 5 days when the contract is worked up to pay the 12k. I think their only plan was to leave with the girl and leave them hanging on the fighter and they money. I do find it kinda odd he had all that cash on him as walking around money. I assume he just kept all the money he made from bountys on him all the time. Considering hes always traveling.

Comment

i saw a spike lee movie once.

once....

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                      I LOL every time I read this history, and am especially fond of Sam Jackson's take on it at the end.

Spike Lee questioned Tarantino's use of racial epithets in his films, particularly the racially offensive epithet "nigger". In a Variety interview discussing Jackie Brown, Lee said: "I'm not against the word... and I use it, but Quentin is infatuated with the word. What does he want? To be made an honorary black man?"

Tarantino responded on Charlie Rose by stating:
                      "As a writer, I demand the right to write any character in the world that I want to write. I demand the right to be them, I demand the right to think them and I demand the right to tell the truth as I see they are, all right? And to say that I can't do that because I'm white, but the Hughes brothers can do that because they're black, that is racist. That is the heart of racism, all right. And I do not accept that ... That is how a segment of the black community that lives in Compton, lives in Inglewood, where Jackie Brown takes place, that lives in Carson, that is how they talk. I'm telling the truth. It would not be questioned if I was black, and I resent the question because I'm white. I have the right to tell the truth. I do not have the right to lie."

In addition, Tarantino retaliated on The Howard Stern Show by stating Lee would have to "stand on a chair to kiss my ass."

Samuel L. Jackson, who has appeared in both directors' films, defended Tarantino's use of the word. At the Berlin Film Festival, where Jackie Brown was being screened, Jackson responded to Lee's criticism by saying:

"I don't think the word is offensive in the context of this film ... Black artists think they are the only ones allowed to use the word. Well, that's bull. Jackie Brown is a wonderful homage to black exploitation films. This is a good film, and Spike hasn't made one of those in a few years."
                      What amazes me most about the SLJ interview is that he didn't use the word "motherfucker" at least one time.

Comment

Wife doesn't want to see it, guess I'll be going alone.

Comment

Saw it last night. Was entertained for the entire 2.5 hours. Usually in a 90 minute movie, towards the end, im ready for it to wrap up. That wasnt the case at all with this movie. I loved it. Some real beautiful shots too
                          DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

It's a movie better watched when you're prepared. It's fucking long. That being said...just fucking sit back and enjoy. Don't try to break it down. Just watch. Quentin Terantino knocked it out again. Pure dynamite!
                            "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

The last Spike Lee movie I saw was the WW2 one, about the black soldiers. In my opinion it was just ridiculous, I felt like he was creating unrealistic racism and unnecessary racial struggles for his character. Every one of his movies focuses on race too much. The more I see his movies the more I think the only reason he is a director is because he is black. Because, to me, he isn't a very good director.
                              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                                The last Spike Lee movie I saw was the WW2 one, about the black soldiers. In my opinion it was just ridiculous, I felt like he was creating unrealistic racism and unnecessary racial struggles for his character. Every one of his movies focuses on race too much. The more I see his movies the more I think the only reason he is a director is because he is black. Because, to me, he isn't a very good director.
                                I don't think that I've ever seen a single spike lee movie. That aside, I can tell you with absolute certainty that that stupid asshole has been irrelevant for twenty+ years.
                                How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Working...
                                X