Star Wars: Spoiler Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CJ-95GT View Post

2. Why did Luke not speak and why did he leave his saber with the alien chick?.
    Why he did not speak.. No lines...
    Luke got his hand chopped off while it was in his hand. He built a new one in Jedi... it was green .... The blue one was His dad's and his, till well... Vader kicked his ass
    Some cars and a bike...

Some say... they have been raced, some a lot

Comment

That Saber doesn't have a good track record of the people keeping appendages does it. I wonder if ben knows he got his ass kicked with his grandpa's lightsaber?
      Last edited by Scott Mc; 12-21-2015, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Mc View Post
        That Saber doesn't have a good track record of the people keeping appendages does it. I wonder if ben knows he got his ass kicked with his grandpa's lightsaber?
        He asks Fin where he got it and says that it belongs to him.
        QuestionableContent-Awesome Webcomic

Comment

Oh yea, I will be seeing it again when my brother gets into town. It will be the first time I have ever seen a movie in the theater twice.

Comment

The only problems I had were; The death star, again... Kylo being a whiny bitch... and a chick with no training in light sabres or the force beat the shit out of kylo. Also, why did Kylo's sabre movements seemed so cumbersome, it wouldn't weigh anymore than the others, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
              The only problems I had were; The death star, again... Kylo being a whiny bitch... and a chick with no training in light sabres or the force beat the shit out of kylo. Also, why did Kylo's sabre movements seemed so cumbersome, it wouldn't weigh anymore than the others, right?
              Keep in mind, he was wounded from Chewy's bowcaster (they made a point of illustrating exactly how powerful that blaster is) before any of that fight, so he was pretty far from 100%. Also, they made a point to show how proficient Rey was with a staff, which while not the same as a lightsaber, is a melee weapon in a galaxy of blasters. Couple that with some pretty potent force strength, it seemed ok to me.

Comment

1. How did the chick use the force without knowing she had it. It didn't work for silent bob.
                She figured out she had it shortly before. Without training it does seem suspect, but c'mon, it's Star Wars magic. The rules aren't exactly that clear.

2. Why did Luke not speak and why did he leave his saber with the alien chick?
                Previously addressed, but he didn't speak because drama/cliffhanger, and we don't yet know how she got the lightsaber.

3. Who is the new tall alien evil dude and where was he during episodes 1-6?
                We don't know, but what's wrong with a little mystery?

4. Nobody explained the red arm with c3po and it's significance if any.
                Not everything needs explanation. I just took from it that the Resistance isn't swimming in cash. Homeboy needs a new arm? I got an old red one in the garage. To further expound on that, 3PO spent most if not all of original trilogy with a silver lower-leg and nobody said jack.

5. I don't trust that Poe guy.
                Hah, ok. He seems like about the most genuine and straight-up character in the movie to me. Not everybody needs a multi-dimensional treatment. He's just a good pilot and a pretty nice guy. Doesn't seem that far fetched.

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                  Not everything needs explanation. I just took from it that the Resistance isn't swimming in cash. Homeboy needs a new arm? I got an old red one in the garage. To further expound on that, 3PO spent most if not all of original trilogy with a silver lower-leg and nobody said jack.
                  yeah it really would have felt "forced" if at some point Chewy said, "what happened to your arm?" or something like that. It's been a long time since 3PO was last seen all shiney and looking great after the Death Star blew up, and he's a pretty old model droid. Probably just had to go with what they had until the war dies down and they can get it to someone to refinish it?

Comment

Was it just me or was his speech higher pitched and more flamboyant?

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Mc View Post
                      Was it just me or was his speech higher pitched and more flamboyant?
                      I didn't notice it in the voice, but he did articulate his arms/hands more than I recall him ever doing before. That's not going to draw a 1-star rating from me or anything, but I noticed it enough for it to pull me out of the moment a little.

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                        Keep in mind, he was wounded from Chewy's bowcaster (they made a point of illustrating exactly how powerful that blaster is) before any of that fight, so he was pretty far from 100%. Also, they made a point to show how proficient Rey was with a staff, which while not the same as a lightsaber, is a melee weapon in a galaxy of blasters. Couple that with some pretty potent force strength, it seemed ok to me.
                        Maybe I was just disappointed. Until he was all whiny and gay I was rooting for him.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Tremor14 View Post
                            SVO had sex in the theater with Natalie Portman on opening night
                            "PSH!!!"

Comment

Having sex makes you painfully oblivious? You might get that checked out, might be an STD.

Comment

Originally posted by Tremor14 View Post
                                I had sex with my wife before the movie.

Comment

Working...
                                X