Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
      I didn't notice it in the voice, but he did articulate his arms/hands more than I recall him ever doing before. That's not going to draw a 1-star rating from me or anything, but I noticed it enough for it to pull me out of the moment a little.
      C3PO just seemed like he was forced into the movie to me.

Comment

Half of history is hiding the past.

Comment

Lmfao! "Merry Christmas, idiots"
          Last edited by Chili; 12-22-2015, 09:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ-95GT View Post
            2. Why did Luke not speak and why did he leave his saber with the alien chick?
            Keep in mind that Luke has had 2 different light sabers. The blue one being his apprentice saber and the green one being his jedi saber. He lost the blue one when his hand was cut off in ESB, there's probably back story we haven't been told yet.
            Originally posted by Jester
            Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
            He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
            Originally posted by Denny
            What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
            FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Mc View Post
              C3PO just seemed like he was forced into the movie to me.
              The only old character not forced into the movie was Leia but C3PO has been with her for a while.

If you want to talk about forced into the movie then consider Han Solo and the Wookie. They just happened to be searching for their ship off of Jakku right after the girl took off in it? It was weak and lazy script writing to me. I liked that they were in the movie, I just thought it could have been tied in better than this Deus Ex Machina type of shit we got.
              Originally posted by racrguy
              What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
              Originally posted by racrguy
              Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                The only old character not forced into the movie was Leia but C3PO has been with her for a while.

If you want to talk about forced into the movie then consider Han Solo and the Wookie. They just happened to be searching for their ship off of Jakku right after the girl took off in it? It was weak and lazy script writing to me. I liked that they were in the movie, I just thought it could have been tied in better than this Deus Ex Machina type of shit we got.
                It would have made a lot more sense if they would have stolen the falcon while Han and chewie were on board already maybe passed out from a hangover

Comment

I agree there could have been several other ways to clean that up. Even Han having some beacon that showed where the falcon was once re powered up or following a lead or something

so another question...First Order and Resistance...maybe this is back story I just do not know

First order looked young and still growing, but they were able to have a ginormous planet base already....?? Have they been secretly across the universe growing and gaining strength and weaponry?

If the first order was just being rebuilt and not a universal controlling force why was the resistance so weak? If the empire has been destroyed wouldnt the resistance have been thriving for 30 years?

Comment

Because Star Wars.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny
                      Have you seen a structured government after a takeover? Neither have I.
                      I do not want a logical answer, i want the real answer.

Comment

Didn't Han mention that they had been tracking it and that if they could find it so could the first order?

Comment

Originally posted by s1lv3r View Post
                          Didn't Han mention that they had been tracking it and that if they could find it so could the first order?
                          yes, but I think the rub is that they were in the same solar system with 3 dangerous monsters as cargo

Comment

Just saw it today and agree I think Rey is Luke's daughter. I suspected Han would be killed amd guessed by who as soon as his ID was reveiled. Good death for a loved character; hate they killed him but thought his send off as a central character this movie was good. I wish they would have given more detail about the New Republic and Resistence and what has been going on for 30 years. As for the starkiller base, they had 30 years to build it while apparently fighting a war with salvaged assets from the Empire so their strength was pretty believable given they had apparently spent 3 decades in isolation hitting easy and remote targets and kidnapping kids to force into service. As for Kilo Ren taking his mask off early, I thought it was great to show he did not need it but was instead trying to emulate Vader much like a little kid looks up to a firefighter or movie star, and then Han telling him he doesn't need the mask was good. The kid was lost and still a college age douche trying to "find himself" and really unsure of his direction, till he killed his dad, of course. I actually thought his character was well developed and well acted for what they were trying to portray to us. Overall it also seemed like the civil war never really ended, just that the balance of power shifted, new republic took over, and new empire was scattered back and fihting occassionally. History repeating itself as was mentioned before.

The real sets really paid off. Glad JJ didn't go 90% bluescreed and I hope Disney makes sure it stays that way.
                            I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Garg's mini-review:
                              Force Awakens = Return of a New Hope Strikes Back
                              Bad:
                              We've seen this movie at least twice before (death star 3.0 with the pre-requisite weak spot)
                              Main antagonist is an angsty unstable douche bag who becomes less fearsome as the movie goes on
                              Protagonist learns force abilities and saber skills in minutes with no training

Good:
                              Script and acting were on the whole very good
                              Lots of action with a story that was never boring or bloated

I think the media\public is giving it a bit of a pass because it has the name star wars and jar jar binks or Hayden Christianson are nowhere to be found

I would have thought the next story of the saga deserved something more original than what it was given. Let's hope 8 delivers where 7 did not.

Overall score: B

Comment

Working...
                              X