Netflix Original: Bill Nye Saves The Earth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by naynay View Post
    yep, the only white guy from the middle east, but kill em all right?

the counter-action is astonishing, and eric really, you dont want these problems, if i can run ruffdaddy and anthonyS off imagine where you will stand.

the internet is what i do. sit back and take notes, you'll pass the class.
    What is this, amateur hour? You ain't running shit off. You're not as good of a troll as you think you are. You're not even as good of a troll as I think I am.

Just remember, you're in this forum because of me. Otherwise we'd be talking shit in the smack.

And stop using my name like you know me. I've offered many times to figure out which one of us is the bigger bitch. So far, it's you.

Comment

• Originally posted by naynay View Post
      so you just refuse to believe anything at all can be factual.
      Anything at all? I have zero idea what it is you are trying to spew, former monica. If you need further info, please break the stereotype and read the info my new monica posted which has been beautifully illustrated.

Comment

• when time allows, and eric, calm the fuck down.
        THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
          They take away money and attention from other problems that are much more urgent and important. Poverty, infectious diseases, public education and public health. Not to mention the preservation of living creatures on land and in the oceans.
          I'd respond to your hypothesis. This originally didn't start out as a climate change thread, but went that way. The original topic, Bill Nye's show, addresses all of these things with equal urgency. Clean water and clean energy only contribute to the success of these other issues, not detract from them.

You cite one scientist's credentials, but can find plenty more on the other side (some would say, 97% consensus for publishing scientists).

Surveys of scientists' views on climate change - with a focus on human-caused or anthropogenic global warming (AGW) - have been undertaken since the 1990s.[1] A 2016 paper (which was co-authored by Naomi Oreskes, Peter Doran, William Anderegg, Bart Verheggen, Ed Maibach, J. Stuart Carlton and John Cook, and which was based on a half a dozen independent studies by the authors) concluded that “the finding of 97% consensus [that humans are causing recent global warming] in published climate research is robust and consistent with other surveys of climate scientists and peer-reviewed studies.”[2]
          Also, a very good summary of the evidence for climate change, with sources cited:

Multiple lines of evidence support attribution of recent climate change to human activities:[6]
          * A basic physical understanding of the climate system: greenhouse gas concentrations have increased and their warming properties are well-established.[6]
          * Historical estimates of past climate changes suggest that the recent changes in global surface temperature are unusual.[6]
          * Computer-based climate models are unable to replicate the observed warming unless human greenhouse gas emissions are included.[6]
          * Natural forces alone (such as solar and volcanic activity) cannot explain the observed warming.[6]

The IPCC's attribution of recent global warming to human activities is a view shared by the scientific community,[7][8][9] and is also supported by 196 other scientific organizations worldwide[10] (see also: scientific opinion on climate change).
          Last edited by mschmoyer; 05-02-2017, 12:35 AM.
          2004 Z06 Commemorative Ed.

Comment

• lol

Comment

• Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
              There very well could be, but everything I've heard and read over the years is based on nothing more than theory backed up by more theory and speculation.
              Well in all fairness, you choose to believe a book about magic and miracles is true.
              "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

• Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
                Well in all fairness, you choose to believe a book about magic and miracles is true.
                I'd say that would be enough to discredit any of his theories or speculation on theories.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
                  and will continue to do so unless otherwise proven differently.

Comment

and will continue to do so unless otherwise proven differently.
                    You want proof from scientist on global warming before you accept it, yet you blindly follow a religion with zero evidence?

Okie dokie.

PS. You're a shitty Christian.

Comment

• Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                      we finally agree on something!
                      THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

• Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                        You want proof from scientist on global warming before you accept it, yet you blindly follow a religion with zero evidence?
                        Okie dokie.
                        I believe in what the Bible says.
                        I don't think I've ever stated otherwise?

Originally posted by naynay View Post
                        we finally agree on something!
                        Will I be the one to finally bring you two together? Unlike your boy craize daizie, I won't judge!

Comment

• Two kinds of Christians -- one who believe literally in every word written by humans in a book translated to English and refuses to believe in that which he can observe with your very own eyes...and the other who respects science (the curiosity to discover the world around him/her) as a god given gift.

One of those fits nicely in with the rest of the world working to discover new cures, innovations, discoveries. The other actively works to undermine it. Education matters, especially when we're talking about bringing the bible to the science classroom...

MOST importantly, only SCIENCE can be used to make predictions. For example, that gravity exists. The bible can never do that. Name one future prediction the bible makes today that can advance our scientific frontiers. Because of this simple fact, the bible cannot be used for scientific evidence. "Reasonable" Christians use it to answer their "whys" but not their "hows". Kids already go to church on their own time, leave it out of the classroom!

Comment

• Originally posted by mschmoyer View Post
                            especially when we're talking about bringing the bible to the science classroom...
                            Who does that? Most Christians have a great respect for science. Other than faith healing snake churches we also believe in seeing a doctor when sick. Were most draw the line is when evolution is brought into the picture as being the way this earth and everything in it was created.

Comment

Who does that? Most Christians have a great respect for science. Other than faith healing snake churches we also believe in seeing a doctor when sick. Were most draw the line is when evolution is brought into the picture as being the way this earth and everything in it was created.
                              Some Christians anyways, many do believe in evolution. But you mentioned you believe in the bible when it comes to climate change. What does that mean exactly?

Evolution is already being used as the basis for scientific discovery in the field of health. You probably benefit from it already through some medicine or operation.

Comment

• Originally posted by mschmoyer View Post
                                Some Christians anyways, many do believe in evolution. But you mentioned you believe in the bible when it comes to climate change. What does that mean exactly?
                                No, I believe God created everything in this universe. I do believe there is a possibility human pollution could be an issue, but as it has been stated, not as major as Bill Nye mouthpieces are making it out to be.

Comment

Working...
                                X