If you had a grand...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
    The reason that my gun is such a handful is that 1. It's got custom 2 finger slick wood grips. Great for concealment, but not very easy to hold onto for some. and 2. that it weighs very little for the amount of power the round makes.
    I'll bet that Alaskan looks pretty small in your hands.
    Originally posted by Jester
    Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
    He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
    Originally posted by Denny
    What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
    FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

The reason that my gun is such a handful is that 1. It's got custom 2 finger slick wood grips. Great for concealment, but not very easy to hold onto for some. and 2. that it weighs very little for the amount of power the round makes.
      I forgot you have the snub nose right? I thought when we were talking about grains it was the amount of powder in the cartridge. Thank you for educating me that this is acutally the bullet weight, correct?
      One of the salesmen at the Dallas Gun Show recommended the .460 because of the versatility of rounds but it is pretty fucking heavy as was the .500 plus they want almost a grand for each one where as the Raging Bull runs about $500
      Originally posted by Sean88gt
      You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
      Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
      You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

• There is a video on you tube I saw the other day of a guy with a snub nose .500....sum bitch had a MEAN kick
        Originally posted by Sean88gt
        You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
        Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
        You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gtracer View Post
          You know I dont even plan on shooting the .454 all that often. Two reasons I want one:

1. I want a big fucking gun and I like the way the Raging Bull is designed.
          2. I want a big ol' bang to put a smile on my face.

I have become tired of shooting my .45. I shot my dads S&W 44 for awhile but the same thing happend. I am really looking to change it up. Looking to get the raging bull as well as a new CZ or P30 so I have some variety.

Thought about getting an AR platform rifle as well but I still have yet to find one that I really want.
          Look into a Witness over a CZ, at least in my opinion.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I forgot you have the snub nose right? I thought when we were talking about grains it was the amount of powder in the cartridge. Thank you for educating me that this is acutally the bullet weight, correct?
            One of the salesmen at the Dallas Gun Show recommended the .460 because of the versatility of rounds but it is pretty fucking heavy as was the .500 plus they want almost a grand for each one where as the Raging Bull runs about $500
            Yeah, the smiths are expensive, but I turned down a Smith .500 for $750. Deals are out there, and the Smith & Wessons are MUCH nicer than the Taurus offerings. You will always get your money back out of a good gun if you buy right.

The other two guns in that picture are a Sig P238 and a Kahr PM9.

Originally posted by motoman View Post
            I'll bet that Alaskan looks pretty small in your hands.
            It's really not a very big gun! For the amount of power, it's tiny!

Comment

Yeah, bullet weight. Weight of the powder doesn't mean much unless you know the type of powder. The only two numbers you really need to be concerned with (unless you're reloading) are bullet weight and velocity.
              Originally posted by Broncojohnny
              HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

It's really not a very big gun! For the amount of power, it's tiny!
                It's a damn good looking gun, the wood grip really compliments the frame nicely. That first picture makes me think it's bigger than it actually is, seeing it right next to your P238 really puts the size into perspective.
                Originally posted by Jester
                Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
                He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
                Originally posted by Denny
                What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
                FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

• Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                  I personally do not like shooting desert eagles.
                  I haven't shot one yet. I looked at purchasing one years ago, as a guy had defaulted on a 50ae layaway, but the quality of the desert eagle was more like a $200 gun, not a $1200 gun. From what you and others are saying, I made a good choice.

I still may go shoot one sometime.
                  sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                  17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                  13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                  86 SVO - Sold
                  '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                  01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                  65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

• Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post
                    I haven't shot one yet. I looked at purchasing one years ago, as a guy had defaulted on a 50ae layaway, but the quality of the desert eagle was more like a $200 gun, not a $1200 gun. From what you and others are saying, I made a good choice.

I know a dozen people with them, and have never seen a problem with them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post

They are extremely overbuilt pistols and generally high quality (at least the ones made in Israel, the machining on the American made ones does not look as good). The Desert Eagle is really more of a rifle than a pistol. It has a rotating bolt like an AR15 that rotates and locks into the barrel. The action is operated by a gas piston like an AK that unlocks the bolt and propels the slide rearward. There are 6 recoil springs and the recoil spring assembly is massive.

Also, with just a barrel you can change between 44 magnum and 50 AE. With a barrel and a bolt you can go to 357 mag, 41 mag, and 440 cor-bon. Changing a barrel requires the flip of a button. 10 inch barrels are also available:

This setup is very popular for hunting, especially in states like Ohio where you cannot use a rifle for deer.
                      Originally posted by lincolnboy
                      After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

• Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                        They are extremely overbuilt pistols and generally high quality (at least the ones made in Israel, the machining on the American made ones does not look as good). The Desert Eagle is really more of a rifle than a pistol. It has a rotating bolt like an AR15 that rotates and locks into the barrel. The action is operated by a gas piston like an AK that unlocks the bolt and propels the slide rearward. There are 6 recoil springs and the recoil spring assembly is massive.

Also, with just a barrel you can change between 44 magnum and 50 AE. With a barrel and a bolt you can go to 357 mag, 41 mag, and 440 cor-bon. Changing a barrel requires the flip of a button. 10 inch barrels are also available:

This setup is very popular for hunting, especially in states like Ohio where you cannot use a rifle for deer.
                        it's a cool fucking gun and worth it's $1000-1200 price tag... i'm just too much of a wuss for it.
                        www.hppmotorsports.com
                        ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

• I have handled 3 different ones over the years, and that's the only one that looked like it was machined by a blind blacksmith. There were about 3 places on it that looked terrible. It was probably back in 92 or so.
                          sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                          17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                          13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                          86 SVO - Sold
                          '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                          01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                          65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

• Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
                            And then they lengthened the .44 Magnum case a little more and got the .445 SuperMag. It's nuts, but I'm not sure if it's quite as nuts as Casull. Probably not.
                            pshaw! step up to the 444 Marlin if you want something more than a feminine 44...

Comment

You know I dont even plan on shooting the .454 all that often. Two reasons I want one:

1. I want a big fucking gun and I like the way the Raging Bull is designed.
                              2. I want a big ol' bang to put a smile on my face.

I have become tired of shooting my .45. I shot my dads S&W 44 for awhile but the same thing happend. I am really looking to change it up. Looking to get the raging bull as well as a new CZ or P30 so I have some variety.

Thought about getting an AR platform rifle as well but I still have yet to find one that I really want.
                              With even the heaviest loads and 400+ grain bullets, the raging bull is easy on the shooter.

To compare 454 loads the best way is with a bull vs a freedom arms rig. The FA will leave you bleeding (literally) where the bull reminds you of a 20 gage with a pistol grip (at worst).

Comment

• If I Had 1k to spend I'd probably buy a glock or springfield xdm .40 or .45... + lots of good ammo.. both weapons are cheap, reliable, and accurate.. not saying they are better than the HK or sti etc... but a great bang for your buck...
                                "PSH!!!"

Comment

Working...
                                X