Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone ever had trouble with the classifieds on THF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2165 Turbo Rail View Post
    kick it again Jimbo
    Is that how you killed Bambi? I thought you blew his shoulder out.

Comment

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
      Is that how you killed Bambi? I thought you blew his shoulder out.
      Ain't that the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by bmcsean View Post
        ain't that the truth.
        lol

Comment

Tell me what kinda wheel gun your looking for and ill see what I have at my job. Pm's would be best.

Comment

I've never had any major issues, it maybe just how you're posting that comes off offensive. Hard to say.

I usually at least get some sort of courtesy response.
            Originally posted by MR EDD
            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by goofygrin View Post
              But like CJ said... if it's what you want and really only something out of whack that would scare you away, then you say "I'll take it, when can we meet?"
              Not necessarily. I won't jump at the "where can we meet" emails any more due to this:

I was selling my Bull upper 16" AR-15 and had lots of "will you take $xxx.00 for it?" emails.

The email I settled on and contacted the guy was "Hey, I like the way it looks, can you meet off I-30 somewhere, I live in Greenville. If so I'll take it"

So I drive from Keller to Lone Star Park and meet this guy who never gave any indication he wanted a cheaper price or anything. We get there, he looks at it and starts to do what I call the "maaaan, that's nice but will you take WAY less for it" dance.

I eventually came down $80 on the rifle just because I had already driven there and wasted my time on this douche...so just because they say I'll take it with no other input, doesn't mean they agreed on the price. From now on I will send a follow up text/email saying "and it's for $xxx.00, in case you missed the price". It generally flushes their intentions out.

Comment

Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post
                Not necessarily. I won't jump at the "where can we meet" emails any more due to this:

I was selling my Bull upper 16" AR-15 and had lots of "will you take $xxx.00 for it?" emails.

The email I settled on and contacted the guy was "Hey, I like the way it looks, can you meet off I-30 somewhere, I live in Greenville. If so I'll take it"

So I drive from Keller to Lone Star Park and meet this guy who never gave any indication he wanted a cheaper price or anything. We get there, he looks at it and starts to do what I call the "maaaan, that's nice but will you take WAY less for it" dance.

I eventually came down $80 on the rifle just because I had already driven there and wasted my time on this douche...so just because they say I'll take it with no other input, doesn't mean they agreed on the price. From now on I will send a follow up text/email saying "and it's for $xxx.00, in case you missed the price". It generally flushes their intentions out.
                And to negate that bullshit, I never agree on the price of anything that isnt NIB that I havent seen in person. I can always say no if I dont like what I see when I get there, or offer you less If needed.
                "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I've had a few instances where the pictures never showed one side of the gun which was all hammered to shit. I might walk or talk you down in those instances if it's misrepresented.
                  "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                  "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Everyone is so defensive when it comes to selling stuff and if it is a gun it is even worse. I dont understand all the tension people seem to bring to the table when selling items like this. I have walked from several craigslist deals where the item was misrepresented in a fashion that unless it was free I would not take it. People seem to be blown away when I tell them no thanks and explain to them why. They seem to think I now owe them something for their time.

Comment

Honestly, I only have a good transactions with the people on this site. Granted I did make a trade on THF that went well, had to drive out to Mineral Wells to do it.
                      Originally posted by Sean88gt
                      You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
                      Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
                      You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

Had a guy off THF pull a no call, no show this morning after talking to him at 9pm last night. I think flakes bother me just as much as the rude/clueless people.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo View Post
                          Had a guy off THF pull a no call, no show this morning after talking to him at 9pm last night. I think flakes bother me just as much as the rude/clueless people.
                          I hate that shit.
                          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo View Post
                            whatch sellin?
                            Originally posted by Sean88gt
                            You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
                            Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
                            You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtracer View Post
                              whatch sellin?

Comment

If I was going to take bets on the highest percentage of flakes, it would be on people who want to buy an SKS, hehehe.

Comment

Working...
                                X