X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buy a .38 spl sub nose
    WRX

Comment

I carry either my Officer's 1911 or my full size SS 1911. They are not polymer, but they are thin and to me that is what counts. I tried a Khar P40 and it was so small yet fired .40, it was really hard to keep it under control. Whereas a .45 in a 1911 frame, easy peezy.

I like carrying revolvers. I have a Rossi .357 that was my first carry gun. I just didn't like have 5 rounds (i kept the hammer on a dead cylinder for safety)

I tried to carry my G22 with CT grips...lol, yeah right. The only way I could carry it was in the Winter in a kydex OWB holster under my long peacoat.

Comment

Originally posted by sc281 View Post
        What holster is that?

I like the feel of my lc9, I just hate the trigger pull.
        I got it off of ebay, but this is the guy that makes them.

Comment

I have a black PF9 I will sell for $300 if you decide you want one.

Comment

Originally posted by 93WHITELXCOUPE View Post
            I have an S&W SD40VE and it is a lot of fun to shoot. Damn thing will shoot just about anything. Never had any issues with FTF or FTE either. I bought mine for around $300 NIB when I was in GA. I think they MSRP for $379 now.
            There's a reason for the reliability. Smith and Wesson got sued by Glock over the SD/Sigma pistols for patent infringement (sp). Smith had to pay a healthy sum to Glock... The end result was a slight redesign and crappy super heavy pull weight triggers...
            "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Kahr CM9, should be able to find one used for 350
              2002 4.6L 5spd S281

So fast i make speedy gonzales look like regular gonzales

Comment

Originally posted by spederman View Post
                One Vendor, don't remember the name, had them for $379 ($399 for credit) cash price at the Lewisville gun show a couple weeks ago.
                "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

is 519 a good price for a xd40c? i also liked the m&p compacts. the 9mm was 599 that i saw at the gun store down the street.
                  ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

<-- likes the LCP so much I carry two!!!

(or a CW40)

Last edited by Roscoe; 02-11-2013, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by matts5.0 View Post
                      what's the best compact or subcompact gun for poor people? I kinda like the s&w sd40ve, what do y'all recommend I look at? what should I stay away from? pros and cons.

Is that the Sigma series S&W? If so, DO NOT buy that piece of junk!

Originally posted by BlackGT View Post
                      There's a reason for the reliability. Smith and Wesson got sued by Glock over the SD/Sigma pistols for patent infringement (sp). Smith had to pay a healthy sum to Glock... The end result was a slight redesign and crappy super heavy pull weight triggers...
                      The bold part is why I think they're junk. I guess in their defense, when I had mine, I did not have a single problem with shooting whatever shelf ammo walmart had but damn the trigger pull was a joke. Your would-be target would have plenty of time to jump out of the way by the time the gun actually fired. I'm not sure of the mag capacity for a .40 but after loading up a 9mm (16 rds), it was a lot heavier than I wanted to carry.
                      Last edited by GeorgeG.; 02-11-2013, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Toy Cobra View Post
                        I have a black PF9 I will sell for $300 if you decide you want one.
                        pm sent

Comment

Originally posted by spederman View Post
                          Ill second this. I found mine for $379 new and have been really happy with it over over the past couple years. My only complaint is inconsistency in magazine quality and their cost. $26.50 for the standard 6 round capacity.

Comment

I gave $530 out the door for my Springfield Armory XD .40 sub compact about 6 years ago. I carry it all day, every day and it's pretty comfortable for me to carry. I use the extended magazine that holds 12+1 in the chamber. I figure 13 rounds should be enough....if not, I'm fucked anyway. It has ALWAYS fired everything I've run through it and never had a failure to eject or fire.

I carried a compact XD 9mm before the .40 and liked it as well.

Comment

Originally posted by CRASH View Post
                              I gave $530 out the door for my Springfield Armory XD .40 sub compact about 6 years ago. I carry it all day, every day and it's pretty comfortable for me to carry. I use the extended magazine that holds 12+1 in the chamber. I figure 13 rounds should be enough....if not, I'm fucked anyway. It has ALWAYS fired everything I've run through it and never had a failure to eject or fire.

I carried a compact XD 9mm before the .40 and liked it as well.
                              My .40 goes everywhere with me. Well, its in the truck with me everywhere I go. IIRC I gave $500 for it when I bought it in 2009. I've got smaller hands and the standard mag with the pinky extension is perfect for me. The extended magazine with grip extender should be near perfect for someone with bigger hands. Just like Aaron, It has chewed up and spit out everything I've fed it. Zero FTF and FTE's.
                              Originally posted by Leah
                              Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Definitely nothing wrong with the XD sub... I have one in 9mm flavor and it has been perfect through a couple of thousand rounds.

Comment

Working...
                                X