SPIKES GROUP BUY Q & A's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post
    Any suggestions on epoxy or ??? That is more thinner resistant?

I just got mine. Nice to meet you Jeff, and thanks to you and Peewee for organizing and orchestrating!
    Testors paint should works just fine, especially if you're going to use a syringe. I've done a couple lowers where I just dipped a toothpick into the paint and filled in the lines and they worked out just fine. You can use a clear coat if you wanted to. When using alcohol or acetone to remove the excess paint, I've found that makeup sponges work the best. Just go over the ear lightly and pain will come right up.
    Originally posted by Jester
    Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
    He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
    Originally posted by Denny
    What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
    FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

• Stupid question but....
      A couple of my lowers say
      "SBR-123456
      CAL-MULTI"

Are these lowers strictly SBR? I haven't gone through them all, yet, but am a bit concerned.....

An example

Last edited by Darren M; 12-30-2013, 11:45 PM.
      Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
      There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

• pretty sure you can put whatever you want on a sbr registered lower.

Comment

• Spikes Battle Rifle. You good.

God bless.
          It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

• Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
            pretty sure you can put whatever you want on a sbr registered lower.
            Better have the stamps for all of them!
            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

• Originally posted by YALE View Post
              Better have the stamps for all of them!
              well, yea.

Comment

• I did not mind admitting ignorance, we're all ignorant of something. I am, however, very concerned with the markings and would appreciate a straight forward answer. Are these lowers strictly SBR or are they SBR to rifle?

Don't get me started on the blemished....
                There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darren M View Post
                  I did not mind admitting ignorance, we're all ignorant of something. I am, however, very concerned with the markings and would appreciate a straight forward answer. Are these lowers strictly SBR or are they SBR to rifle?

Don't get me started on the blemished....
                  See post 334. It's just a serial number bro.

God bless.
                  It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

• Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                    See post 334. It's just a serial number bro.

God bless.
                    I LOVE being wrong! Thanks!

Comment

• how could it even be "strictly" sbr?

there's not any lower that's strictly sbr as far as i know. you buy a run of the mill lower and pay for the stamp to sbr it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post
                        Any suggestions on epoxy or ??? That is more thinner resistant?

The touch up paint they sell at your favorite car parts place... its still enamel paint, but its different mix. it works better than the testors enamel, and its thicker so it wont soak up in the towel when you wipe the excess. Also has alot better resistance to "streaking"or"bleeding" than the testors, at least from what i have experienced.

On an unrelated note i have learned not to be as liberal with the CLP as i once was.

Comment

• Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
                          how could it even be "strictly" sbr?

there's not any lower that's strictly sbr as far as i know. you buy a run of the mill lower and pay for the stamp to sbr it.
                          If it was engraved with the name of a trust and location then it could be strictly an SBR lower.
                          Originally posted by Jester
                          Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
                          He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
                          Originally posted by Denny
                          What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
                          FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

• Originally posted by motoman View Post
                            If it was engraved with the name of a trust and location then it could be strictly an SBR lower.
                            This is what was confusing me. Mea culpa.

Comment

• Originally posted by motoman View Post
                              You can write the ATF and have them change it back to a rifle or pistol by them removing it from the registry. Some people do this when moving to non SBR states.
                              Last edited by phaux; 12-31-2013, 09:46 AM.

Comment

• The SBR is just part of spikes serial numbering system. They are not "registered" in any sense. You can make them a pistol, rifle and if you choose to do a form 1 they can become an SBR (short barreled rifle).

Comment

Working...
                                X