No announcement yet.

DFWMustangs.net AK build party

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you guys can find a full set of parts, then I will buy them and participate!

Comment

Originally posted by Venix View Post
      If you guys can find a full set of parts, then I will buy them and participate!
      Like this? http://ak-builder.com/index.php?disp...oduct_id=30034
      IMG_0424

Comment

That is ridiculously expensive
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

We need an AR build party!
          Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
          Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
          Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
          You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

I am seriously interested in doing this depending on the dates in October. I'm getting married on the 26th . Going to join the rest of y'all. CJ I just bought a 5.45 AR upper. Would you go with the ak74 or AK47? Only thing I was thinking about is using the same ammo.

Comment

Originally posted by Leah View Post
              We need an AR build party!
              We've done several, bring your AR15's if you want to, I'll bring all the tools you will need.
              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by MULEY4X4 View Post
                I am seriously interested in doing this depending on the dates in October. I'm getting married on the 26th . Going to join the rest of y'all. CJ I just bought a 5.45 AR upper. Would you go with the ak74 or AK47? Only thing I was thinking about is using the same ammo.
                Personally I like the AK74 and 5.45 cartridge from a controllability/accuracy perspective. For a SHTF situation a 7.62x39 might be a better choice for ammo availability. My SHTF AK is a side folder 5.56 Beryl - The 5.45 round is better than 7.62x39 for accuracy, but the 5.56 is ballistically superior in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                  Personally I like the AK74 and 5.45 cartridge from a controllability/accuracy perspective. For a SHTF situation a 7.62x39 might be a better choice for ammo availability. My SHTF AK is a side folder 5.56 Beryl - The 5.45 round is better than 7.62x39 for accuracy, but the 5.56 is ballistically superior in my opinion.
                  Ok that's what I thought. Have you ever shot the round out of a AR? Any special cleaning techniques?

Ok back to the ak. These kits. I guess ak 74 it is. Is there anything special we should be looking for? Chrome lined barrels etc ? Any way we can get a group buy price on kits? I'm assuming they all have to be imported etc. maybe gettin them from the wholesaler? Or is that to far outside of the box?

Comment

Originally posted by MULEY4X4 View Post
                    Ok that's what I thought. Have you ever shot the round out of a AR? Any special cleaning techniques?

Ok back to the ak. These kits. I guess ak 74 it is. Is there anything special we should be looking for? Chrome lined barrels etc ? Any way we can get a group buy price on kits? I'm assuming they all have to be imported etc. maybe gettin them from the wholesaler? Or is that to far outside of the box?
                    5.45 conversions should function better than 7.62x39 conversions because the 5.45 case is much less conical, which is why the x39 AR's have tendencies to jam. Chrome lined wouldn't be a bad idea for 5.45 since you're going to be shooting corrosive surplus ammo, easier to clean. I doubt we could get a group buy going, demand is far too high.

Comment

Well, CJ made me feel pretty comfortable with what I need to get to do a build, so count me in on the AK build party. Not sure what I am going to build yet, and I will probAbly wait a bit see if prices come down some.

Comment

First hand witness at the failure of public healthcare.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                          5.45 conversions should function better than 7.62x39 conversions because the 5.45 case is much less conical, which is why the x39 AR's have tendencies to jam. Chrome lined wouldn't be a bad idea for 5.45 since you're going to be shooting corrosive surplus ammo, easier to clean. I doubt we could get a group buy going, demand is far too high.
                          I love my 5.45x39 AR SBR. After I fixed the weak hammer spring and bent the lips of my magazines, it functions like a boss...but many you have to clean it good.

Noticed a bit of rust this past time. Soak it in warm soapy water and rinse then brush/lube the crap out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post
                            I love my 5.45x39 AR SBR. After I fixed the weak hammer spring and bent the lips of my magazines, it functions like a boss...but many you have to clean it good.

Noticed a bit of rust this past time. Soak it in warm soapy water and rinse then brush/lube the crap out of it.
                            I'd also use Windex with ammonia D to dissolve the salts from shooting surplus ammo.

Glad you got that 5.45 running right. I've been considering a SBR 5.45 upper myself, but the lack of functional mags were holding me back.

Comment

Originally posted by bigmuskie View Post
                              I'd also use Windex with ammonia D to dissolve the salts from shooting surplus ammo.

Glad you got that 5.45 running right. I've been considering a SBR 5.45 upper myself, but the lack of functional mags were holding me back.
                              I'm going to try an experiment once steel GI mags come down.

The bodies are the same, it's just the followers. I plan on taking a steel (read: tough lips) magazine and putting the 5.45 follower in there and see if that fixes the feeding issues once mine redevelop. The problem is they are aluminum (I feel more like tin) and they bend out over time.

Comment

Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post
                                I'm going to try an experiment once steel GI mags come down.

The bodies are the same, it's just the followers. I plan on taking a steel (read: tough lips) magazine and putting the 5.45 follower in there and see if that fixes the feeding issues once mine redevelop. The problem is they are aluminum (I feel more like tin) and they bend out over time.
                                For reference, the difference between 5.56 and 5.45 is too great to allow reliable function in AK's using the same magazine bodies.

Comment

Working...
                                X