No announcement yet.

DFWMustangs.net AK build party

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We're waiting on AK parts kits to start showing up at reasonable prices. I think we talked about doing this when Keith returns again, which I believe is in october or december. Yes we will do it, we've acquired a bunch of tools and they are not going to waste.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Sweet - I might try to build one before then, but if ya'll are going to wait that long I'll probably have another set - looking forward to it

Any chance you all would have that tooling to build a 1911 Rudius - that would be really cool.
      Last edited by Neogeek23; 06-05-2013, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Okay guys:

So far we have:

Press (phaux)
        Drill Press (C.J.)
        Spot welder (phaux)
        Rail alightment jig (C.J.)
        Flat bending jig (gat0r)
        7.62x39 go/no-go gauges (?)
        Trunion Receiver drilling jig (mustang_revival)

What we need:

Receiver drilling jig
        Rivet tool (modified large bolt cutters)
        5.45X39 go/no-go gauges

Ill take care of the rivet tool. We just need that last jig.

Someone bought go/no-go gauges, who was it?
        Last edited by CJ; 06-10-2013, 11:48 AM.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
          What we need:

Receiver drilling jig
          Is that this part, specifically? - "Trigger Guard Riveting Jig"

This jig will install the five trigger guard rivets. The front four rivets can be set at once and the rear will be done separately. There is a magnet that holds the rear rivet support to keep it from falling off.

The rear support block is removable to work with receiver flats that have the front four trigger guard holes in the wrong place as well as my flats and Nodak receivers that have the correct spacing. Removing the block also gives clearance when installing the rear rivet of the trigger guard that goes through the reinforcement plate.

The square block that sets the front rivets is made of heat treated steel and may need to be ground to fit receivers that have the bump on the right side rail.

Also this is the best price I've seen on AK74 kits - $250 : http://www.classicfirearms.com/bulak74ps

I'm going to hold out and see if price drops more..
          WRX

Comment

Originally posted by mustang_revival View Post
            Is that this part, specifically? - "Trigger Guard Riveting Jig"

This jig will install the five trigger guard rivets. The front four rivets can be set at once and the rear will be done separately. There is a magnet that holds the rear rivet support to keep it from falling off.

The rear support block is removable to work with receiver flats that have the front four trigger guard holes in the wrong place as well as my flats and Nodak receivers that have the correct spacing. Removing the block also gives clearance when installing the rear rivet of the trigger guard that goes through the reinforcement plate.

The square block that sets the front rivets is made of heat treated steel and may need to be ground to fit receivers that have the bump on the right side rail.

Also this is the best price I've seen on AK74 kits - $250 : http://www.classicfirearms.com/bulak74ps

I'm going to hold out and see if price drops more..
            We need the jig that drills the receiver holes for the trunion, pins for hammer/trigger, etc. For people who have bent 80% receivers.

Comment

I will purchase a tool no problem, if you wouldn't mind posting a link to a good one I'll buy it.
              '93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
              '13 Dodge Cummins
              '14 Rubicon X

Comment

I bought - http://ak-builder.com/index.php?disp...oduct_id=30060 (AK Trunnion Rivet Hole Drilling Fixture)

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                We need the jig that drills the receiver holes for the trunion, pins for hammer/trigger, etc. For people who have bent 80% receivers.
                Originally posted by white88 View Post
                I will purchase a tool no problem, if you wouldn't mind posting a link to a good one I'll buy it.
                I think that would be : http://ak-builder.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=30337 http://ak-builder.com/index.php?disp...oduct_id=30337

AK-Builder Receiver Blank Drilling Fixture 7.62 & 5.45

Drills Hammer Pin, Trigger Pin, Selector Lever, Center Support & Trigger Guard Holes
                Drill Bits Included: 5/32", 7/32", 5mm, 7mm, 10mm
                WRX

Comment

^^^ Is that what we're missing CJ?
                  '93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
                  '13 Dodge Cummins
                  '14 Rubicon X

Comment

Originally posted by white88 View Post
                    ^^^ Is that what we're missing CJ?
                    Yep, that's the one we need.

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ View Post
                      Yep, that's the one we need.
                      Excellent, it's ordered.
                      '93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
                      '13 Dodge Cummins
                      '14 Rubicon X

Comment

• Okay, then we're pretty much good to go. I have to modify a bolt cutter to do the rivets but that should take care of it. Just make sure everyone who bought a tool shows up. If someone cancels at the last minute we're all f'ed.
                        Last edited by CJ; 06-10-2013, 01:38 PM.

Comment

• Now since Mustang_revival bought the trunion drilling jig we can also do virgin kits as well.

Comment

• Where's the cheap parts kits? I need to buy 3.
                            First hand witness at the failure of public healthcare.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr_Fiux View Post
                              Where's the cheap parts kits? I need to buy 3.

EGYPTIAN MAADI AK47 PARTS KIT FIXED STOCK ARABIC MARKINGS W/ ACCESSORIES
                              Last edited by motoman; 06-10-2013, 02:14 PM. Reason: milled kits = bad
                              Originally posted by Jester
                              Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
                              He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
                              Originally posted by Denny
                              What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
                              FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

• Do not buy a milled kit! We're setting up to do stamped, milled is a whole other shit storm.

Comment

Working...
                                X