The wife's bag
    Single shot 12 guage ( light as hell) 4 boxes
    .22 4 boxes 3 clips
    Ton of beef jerky, water purifier, striker, flashlights, batteries
    Socks, underwear, boots, extra pair of tennis shoes

Kids bags
    Socks, underwear, shoes, water bottles,
    ton of little fruit cups and non perishable snacks, flashlights, batteries

Best case scenario we make it to my grandparents farm about 30 minutes away and wouldn't need to use most of the stuff.
    "Yeeeeehhhhhaaaaawwwww that's my jam"

Comment

More important is water.......and where would you go?

Defend your home?

GTFO of town? Mountains or flat-land? Bayou's in south Louisiana is where I would go. Grew up there and know the dangers/positives about them. Plenty of fresh water there. Lots of animals to kill and eat as well. You could sustain life for a long time down there in the Atchafalaya basin.

1 AR, 1 22 Ruger pistol and as much ammo for each that I can carry. 1 changes of clothes, freeze dried protein. You can't carry enough water to sustain life for a long time, so you better know where some is. Water is more important than anything else. 3 days, water, 7 days food.

Very interesting answers. My friends think I am a nut for having a BOB.
      Last edited by likeitfast55; 02-04-2014, 01:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
        dogs would be a huge liability if you're trying to survive.
        Maybe, but I'm not leaving them.
        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

My pup would be an asset for when bedding down at night (for alerting), and beyond that he's my best friend, liability or not the pup would come. The cat.. he can just goto hell.

Comment

Originally posted by likeitfast55 View Post
            More important is water.......and where would you go?

Defend your home?

GTFO of town? Mountains or flat-land? Bayou's in south Louisiana is where I would go. Grew up there and know the dangers/positives about them. Plenty of fresh water there. Lots of animals to kill and eat as well. You could sustain life for a long time down there in the Atchafalaya basin.

1 AR, 1 22 Ruger pistol and as much ammo for each that I can carry. 1 changes of clothes, freeze dried protein. You can't carry enough water to sustain life for a long time, so you better know where some is. Water is more important than anything else. 3 days, water, 7 days food.
            That's a good point about water. What would you consider enough water, and what would you consider too much? A gallon? Couple gallons? Water is heavy, 8lbs per gallon.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I am an older guy CJ, and carrying enough water is out of the question. Carrying enough is a moot point even for a young man in good shape at 8lbs a gallon. A way to purify is a much lighter and portable for a long sustained hike. Iodine(few drops per gallon) or boiling is better. You just can-not transport enough H2O to sustain life for a extended period.

Plenty of ways to purify. Water is the single most important commodity, period.

Last edited by likeitfast55; 02-04-2014, 01:13 AM.

Comment

The problem I always foresee is you have no idea where you're going to be. In Texas especially, you can go very long distances before you find water. I have a canteen and a gallon bladder in my bag. I have a bunch of water purification tablets and other means. Most of my bag is food and survival stuff. 250rds of pistol ammo, 500rds of .223. I do not want to be carrying more than 40lbs on me period.

Another thing I don't hear a lot of people mention is your appearance. I personally do not want to make myself a target carrying a fancy gun, armor, helmets, etc. I think it's important to have a nice sling that keeps your weapon out of view and makes it easy to walk with. Camouflage yourself as an average person.
                Last edited by CJ; 02-04-2014, 01:18 AM.
                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

The problem I always foresee is you have no idea where you're going to be. In Texas especially, you can go very long distances before you find water. I have a canteen and a gallon bladder in my bag. I have a bunch of water purification tablets and other means. Most of my bag is food and survival stuff. 250rds of pistol ammo, 500rds of .223. I do not want to be carrying more than 40lbs on me period.
                  Agreed, west is arid climate and you can't carry enough water on your back for a sustained hike. That leaves you with north, south, or east. I choose east. Cris-crossing this country as much as I have done at 33,000 feet, it is plain to see green vegetation vs brown as it relates to population density. West-----sparse. I know it is a double edge sword with respect to dangers, but I choose water every time. So would most of the population, but there is where knowing how to defend yourself will pay dividends.

So to sum it up, pack light,smart, and head for the nearest fresh water.
                  Last edited by likeitfast55; 02-04-2014, 01:26 AM.

Comment

So to sum it up, pack light,smart, and head for the nearest fresh water.
                    Well hell...thats easy...just head to the banks of the Trinity and you'll have all the fresh water you need.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
                      Well hell...thats easy...just head to the banks of the Trinity and you'll have all the fresh water you need.
                      Yes that is but 1 water source. It is a good one as well. Don't forget the thousands of others that want your gun, backpack, and food your carrying when you make yourself visible at the trinity river. The better the source, the greater the danger.

Comment

Exactly why I would put mine down before leaving the house.

Comment

Sounds like a great thread.

Ounce = Pounds and Pounds = Pain.

Folks with their 500 rounds of 45 and 1,000 rounds of their 5.56, you are talking about some serious pain right there. If you think you will need that much ammo on the run, think about how combat effective you are with that much weight on your shoulders. Sure you could drop it to fight but the smart man moves faster and away from a skirmish. Let everyone else fight it out.

Me and mine. Just spit balling here but, if it doesn't fit in my Skycrane II Eberlestock or on my body, it doesn't go. For rifles, pistol ammo etc. 11.5" 5.56 SBR complete, .22lr 4.5" upper, (2) XD9 (one is suppressor host and one is none), P22, and maybe 10/22. 5.56 suppressor, .22lr suppressor and 9mm suppressor. 210rds of 5.56, 150rds of 9mm, 500rds of .22.

I am gonna let this thread continue another few pages before I throw the challenge out.
                          Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Yes that is but 1 water source. It is a good one as well. Don't forget the thousands of others that want your gun, backpack, and food your carrying when you make yourself visible at the trinity river. The better the source, the greater the danger.
                            I was joking. There are plenty of sources for water without resorting to drinking toxic sludge.

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                              I'm making Sean carry the PTR, when the shit goes down.

I still want something belt fed...

Comment

My backpack.

Two MRE's
                                Four bottles of water.
                                Water purification pills.
                                Penicillin.
                                Small suture kit.
                                Germ X wipes.
                                Compass.
                                Knife.
                                550 cord.
                                One extra T-shirt.
                                One extra pair of socks.
                                One extra pair of boxers.
                                One extra pair pants.
                                Small can of off spray.
                                One roll of toilet paper.
                                Sig 226. W/ 4 mags.
                                One bottle of Jack Daniels.
                                Waterproof matches.
                                Poncho.
                                Space blanket.

And my rifle bag.

heavily modified AR that weighs 39 1/2 pounds empty.
                                10 full Pmags. Few more bottles of water.
                                sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                                🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Working...
                                X