No announcement yet.

The excrement just hit the fan, you have 5 minutes to grab your things and gtfo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used to have a plan for bug out, but with 2 little ones and some other things bug out is not an option.

At the time though the plan was...

a 22LR rifle with 5 magazines and a baggy of rounds
    a 12ga pump for the wife and a box of rounds
    a sidearm each
    a water filter/purification pump
    a few bottles of water
    some dehydrated food...etc...etc.

Since then though, bugging out is not an option. Our house/area will be like the Alamo if it is that bad.

Also, the more I scouted resources in a reasonable vicinity of my home - the more I realized that a lot of other people know about them and will go there too. IMHO, this even includes driving there. Unless you have an area already (which also will be iffy), it's sort of a crap shoot. I've been in public game lands that seem remote, until hundreds of hunters around in a certain area. It is a VERY large area, but this demonstrated to me that if thousands, (hundreds of thousands? Millions?) are doing the same thing, even the most remote areas are going to be crowded.
    Originally posted by MR EDD
    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
      Government runs out of money, stops social programs - immediate civil unrest, riots, imminent food shortages, etc.
      If it comes to that I see three scenarios.

1.) I see the unrest coming and load the truck up with supplies and get the fuck out of town before shit hits the fan.

2.) It happens instantly, I am going to try to shelter in place.

3.) Unrest spreads like wildfire and there is no option but to get out on foot. I am grabbing my bug out bag, 14.5" AR, and the Glock 23 for myself. The wife gets a bug out bag, 552 Speedmaster, and the M&P 22 pistol. After I get my stamps back in there will be a couple cans and the 14.5" AR will be replaced with a 10.5" AR with a can on it. Last thing I do before I leave the house is to put the dog down. I will be damned if I am going to leave him there to fend for himself, and given his medical issues he wouldn't make it very long while on the run.

In reality, I think the bulk of the unrest would be in more impoverished areas than where I live. It would be really hard to not see it coming. I would imagine that while the food shortages would become a problem after about a week to a week and a half, I hope to have enough sense to get the fuck out of town after 3-4 days of the food supply drying up. After the shelves in stores become bare shit will get really nasty. I don't think that leaving in a car would be hard, I don't see a mass exodus if that scenario would happen. Going somewhere remote should be pretty easy as long as you can get out of populated areas very quickly. Highways would be ideal.
      Last edited by Pokulski-Blatz; 02-04-2014, 06:54 AM.

Comment

AR
        2 1911s
        All my ammo
        Make fun but I've got a quality tacti-cool vest to help distribute the load for this situation
        The wife will have her px4 and the 357

Bag with a change of clothes, some provisions, water purification needs.

Where it will get tricky is with the kid. My current plan is load him and the bags in the stroller and roll out. I know I'll have to ditch the stroller eventually but any time it shaves carrying another 25-50lbs with him and gear I'll take advantage of.

I still need to get some supplies and it's not a perfect plan but that's all I got so far.
        07 f250-family truckster
        08 Denali -baby hauler
        52 f1-rust bucket
        05 Jeep tj. Buggy
        livin the double-wide dream

Comment

I'm more for "buggin in", but if I had to bug out on foot...

My first reaction would be to grab my SBR AK. Fucking reliable, cheap plentiful ammo, and relatively light.

Then I would grit my teeth, leave the ak in the safe, and grab my Keltec sub 2000 that takes glock 9mm mags and my glock 19 as a side arm(with a few 30 round mags).

I would also grab my SBR 10/22 and my sparrow with a brick of hyper 22 and a few hundred rounds of subsonic and a few mags.

Water purification setup, first aid kit, dried food, buck knife etc. Typical BOB items.
          "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Comment

make sure all of you nutjobs dont forget to pack your medication!

god bless.
            It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

I live within 5 minutes of Lake Belton, I'd grab some floaties and head there. Then I'd wade on over to the Fort Hood side and watch the 1st Cav mobilize.

In the spirit of the question though I'd probably load up my Grizzly with all the ammo I could find, grab an AR and my Kimber, all the gas cans, my basic camping supplies and some blankets. I figure fully loaded with 10 gallons of fuel in jugs I can make it 250+ miles away from everything pretty easy. Depending on the situation I'd either head to the Mexican border or into the Piney Woods.

Comment

I would have to take the AK47 and XDs myself, give the wifey the 18" AR and the XD9, and my son take the 10/22 plus all the grub and gear we could gather after that.
                Jon

Comment

Nothing.

It's I am Legend up in this bitch....

Comment

-AR pistol
                    -10 loaded mags
                    -SR22
                    -250 rds .22lr
                    Go bag with:
                    -3 day food kit
                    -water purification
                    -3 pairs socks
                    -first aid kit
                    -flashlight
                    -poncho
                    -small roll of p-cord
                    -knife
                    -duct tape
                    -electrical tape
                    "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

I'll throw this out there, too. You guys with corrective lenses would do well to keep your prescription updated yearly, and work with your optometrist/opthamalogist to get as accurate a prescription as possible, and keep a pair of glasses around. Contacts would be stupid, moving cross-country.
                      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

AK
                        XDm
                        Ammo
                        Knife
                        Para Cord
                        Matches
                        Whatever food I could find

I would probably just grab my big camping box on wheels and drag it till I got to a safe spot to load up the essentials out of it into my backpack.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                          dogs would be a huge liability if you're trying to survive.
                          Mine isn't big enough to do much (30lbs) and likes to bark at any stranger, which is an issue when silence becomes your best friend.

Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
                          Mre's that you don't have to carry
                          What I was thinking initially, but go back to the weight.

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                          make sure all of you nutjobs dont forget to pack your medication!

god bless.
                          And a book.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                            grab an AR and my Kimber
                            Welp, you're already dead.
                            Originally posted by lincolnboy
                            After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Shotgun, rifle and a 4 wheel drive...

Comment

I live in the sticks. Leaving would be the last choice for me. My neighbors are like-minded and we've discussed this - we'd go communal in a defensible location. Sever the road leading into our area with a dozer then fortify. Drag in fuel tanks from everyone's property and run generators. Most of us have freezers full of wild game that we can replace as we use. It'd be a pain but we'd get by.

Comment

Working...
                                X