Thinking about a 10/22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by motoman View Post
    Fuck man, that scope looks a little overkill, and by little I mean a lot.
    Some of those guys can consistently hit dimes at 100y with a .22. If you can do that, then you can use whatever scope yanks your crank.

Comment

• Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
      Some of those guys can consistently hit dimes at 100y with a .22. If you can do that, then you can use whatever scope yanks your crank.
      oh there are guys that are nuts about them. Not just hit a dime, but they can pick what side of the dime to hit.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• And let's all remember that most centerfire scopes that lack an external parallax adjustment are preset for 100y. Meaning that both the image and the reticle will only be in focus at that range. If the scope you're looking at doesn't have a parallax adjustment, it will drive you insane shooting at 50y.

Also:

Originally posted by motoman View Post
        My only complaint is that the iron sights on it kinda suck
        The stock Irons on the 10/22 are pretty good compared to what most .22 rifles come with. Unless you're going to replace them with some diopter sights, peep sights or fire sights, you're not going to find better open sights.

Comment

• Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
          oh there are guns that are nuts about them. Not just hit a dime, but they can pick what side of the dime to hit.
          My point exactly. It's really easy to say that someone has too much scope until they can shoot the flies off of their targets.

Comment

My point exactly. It's really easy to say that someone has too much scope until they can shoot the flies off of their targets.
            agreed, those small ass holes are hard to see from a distance. I don't think anything on a 10/22 outside of a compensator is ridiculous. Those guns mean business.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

agreed, those small ass holes are hard to see from a distance. I don't think anything on a 10/22 outside of a compensator is ridiculous. Those guns mean business.
              I hate to admit it, but I even love that ugly little Mark II "Tactical" bastard.

Comment

The stock Irons on the 10/22 are pretty good compared to what most .22 rifles come with. Unless you're going to replace them with some diopter sights, peep sights or fire sights, you're not going to find better open sights.
                The thing I don't like about my front sight is that it's this little gold dot and I can't see it for shit. The rear iron sight isn't nearly as bad, it's jut the front sight I can barely see.
                Originally posted by Jester
                Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
                He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
                Originally posted by Denny
                What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
                FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

I hate to admit it, but I even love that ugly little Mark II "Tactical" bastard.
                  I want one of those bad. Mk II in 6.5" would be soooo much fun. I'd do a 22/45 but the polymer handgrip blows. Cant put anything to make it comfy like a Hogue because to tear it down you have to have access to the back of the grip

Comment

The thing I don't like about my front sight is that it's this little gold dot and I can't see it for shit. The rear iron sight isn't nearly as bad, it's jut the front sight I can barely see.
                    What color would you like it to be? Do you know what paint is?

Comment

• Originally posted by bottlerocket View Post
                      I want one of those bad. Mk II in 6.5" would be soooo much fun. I'd do a 22/45 but the polymer handgrip blows. Cant put anything to make it comfy like a Hogue because to tear it down you have to have access to the back of the grip
                      I was talking about the savage Mark II TR. And I'm a buckmark sort of fella.

Comment

I have 4 .22 pistols, and the best shooting/designed is my s&w 22a without a doubt. My fancy stainless bull barrel ruger mkII would be second. And the 22a's are stupid cheap, I highly recommend them. I have to laugh at myself, a year ago I would have been calling myself a jackass for this post, speaking ill of thy masterful mkII.

Comment

Oh gotcha. Yea this 10/22 will probably stay just a close range varminter. If I really want to explore the accuracy of .22LR I'll go find a savage.

Never shot the Buckmark, I'll have to stop by bullet trap and give one a swing. Probably a better idea to go with the Browning anyway, keep me from modding the hell out of it since the aftermarket seems just a bit more limited.

Comment

What color would you like it to be? Do you know what paint is?
                            You know come to think of it I don't know, what is this paint you speak of?
                            IMO a gold dot for a sight isn't condusive to shooting outdoors, especially anywhere you have dead brush around.
                            Originally posted by Jester
                            Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
                            He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
                            Originally posted by Denny
                            What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
                            FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

I have 4 .22 pistols, and the best shooting/designed is my s&w 22a without a doubt. My fancy stainless bull barrel ruger mkII would be second. And the 22a's are stupid cheap, I highly recommend them. I have to laugh at myself, a year ago I would have been calling myself a jackass for this post, speaking ill of thy masterful mkII.
                              I've never shot a 22a. I have held one and it just didn't feel right. I don't know what the deal is with all of the new .22 pistols (Beretta NEO, 22a, etc). They're one step away from phasers.

Comment

You know come to think of it I don't know, what is this paint you speak of?
                                IMO a gold dot for a sight isn't condusive to shooting outdoors, especially anywhere you have dead brush around.
                                I won't tell you what to do, but I will tell you that on some of my firearms, I have painted the front sights a more easily seen color. It cost me 12 cents in paint, and made the world a better place.

Comment

Working...
                                X