Thinking about a 10/22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by motoman View Post
    I didn't want to start a whole new thread for this so I'll ask here. After shooting with the iron sights on my 10/22 I've decided I want a small scope of some sort. I'm not looking for anything super fancy, probably no more than $150. It seems the typical scope for a 10/22 seems to be a 3-9x40.

Anyone know if the Bushnell Banner line of scopes is a decent scope?
    The Nikon Prostaff 3-9x40 is pretty decent for $150.
    Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
    Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

• Originally posted by Trick Pony View Post
      The Nikon Prostaff 3-9x40 is pretty decent for $150.
      I've had my eye on the Nikon stuff and I'm leaning a little more towards the Nikon.

Let me ask you all this... if you're spending $150 on optics, will Nikon be at the top of your list as far as quality?
      Originally posted by Jester
      Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
      He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
      Originally posted by Denny
      What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
      FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

I've had my eye on the Nikon stuff and I'm leaning a little more towards the Nikon.

Let me ask you all this... if you're spending $150 on optics, will Nikon be at the top of your list as far as quality?
        You can scope a Nikon PS for quite a bit less then 150 man. For me it is my go to scope. I now understand why more expensive optics are...well...more expensive. However, for the money the Nikon is a great deal and works well for a lot of rifles.
        Originally posted by MR EDD
        U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

That's what I read and I was still having some problems with it sticking, even when I had the charging handle all the way back. Still had a blast with it.
          Yeah it isn't sticking, thats how stupid they are, it seriously feels like something is wrong. If you bring it over to my place one night I'll show you how to do an auto bolt release.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by ceyko View Post
            You can scope a Nikon PS for quite a bit less then 150 man. For me it is my go to scope. I now understand why more expensive optics are...well...more expensive. However, for the money the Nikon is a great deal and works well for a lot of rifles.
            I agree, for $150 get the best Nikon you can afford. They make excellent glass. Their only downfall is just lack internal adjustment, and on a 10/22 that doesn't even come into play.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
              Yeah it isn't sticking, thats how stupid they are, it seriously feels like something is wrong. If you bring it over to my place one night I'll show you how to do an auto bolt release.
              Can I bring mine too?

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
              I agree, for $150 get the best Nikon you can afford. They make excellent glass. Their only downfall is just lack internal adjustment, and on a 10/22 that doesn't even come into play.
              Nikon Monarch has parallax adjustment.

Comment

• Originally posted by bottlerocket View Post
                Can I bring mine too?

internal adjustment meaning windage and elevation.

Comment

• Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                  internal adjustment meaning windage and elevation.
                  Sorry then I'm confused. Could you explain the difference? I know mine has 1/4 MOA adjustments for windage and elevation and its a Buckmaster.

Comment

Sorry then I'm confused. Could you explain the difference? I know mine has 1/4 MOA adjustments for windage and elevation and its a Buckmaster.
                    Internal adjustment is primarily for longer ranges. As you increase range your bullet drops further, so to compensate you need to adjust elevation. On the Nikon 6-25x50 for instance, it seems like a great scope for the money, tactical turrets, etc. etc.. however you soon find out it only has 20MOA of internal adjustment, meaning you can't even use it for a .223 past 600 yards or so - the scope just doesn't have enough elevation to compensate for the drop. Comparable scopes are 30-45MOA of internal adjustment. Now, I'm just splitting hairs, but that IS one of the only downfalls of Nikon scopes, they lack internal adjustment. And that's primarily due to the 1" tube diameter. But if you don't shoot longer ranges, or a .22LR for example it doesn't really even matter. I think they are the very best scopes for the money. Now, to compensate for this (Nikon is well aware they are selling tactical scopes in price ranges they are lacking internal adjustment) they introduced the BDC reticle and with it their fancy iPhone application that calculates range and holdover automatically, which is neat.

Comment

Dammit why couldn't I have purchased something that DOESN'T have an aftermarket? I just spent the last 2 hours over on rimfirecentral.com drooling over all of the badass 10/22 varmint rigs
                      Yea there are some cool rigs over there. This one caught my eye
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by 95DRGT View Post
                        Yea there are some cool rigs over there. This one caught my eye
                        Fuck man, that scope looks a little overkill, and by little I mean a lot.
                        Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.

Comment

Fuck man, that scope looks a little overkill, and by little I mean a lot.
                          Just a sun shade.
                          Originally posted by MR EDD
                          U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Can I bring mine too?

Sure thing!

Comment

• I'm thinking about a similar look to this... I just have no clue why he's got those other rounds on the stock that aren't .22 rounds.

Comment

I'm thinking about a similar look to this... I just have no clue why he's got those other rounds on the stock that aren't .22 rounds.

because he's a tool.

A 10/22 can be converted to .17HM2, and the 10/22 magnum can be converted to .17HMR but those are the only conversions I know of.

Comment

Working...
                                X