• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
    Lofl.
    lofl wofl

Comment

• Originally posted by Pro88LX View Post
      Should have waited instead of rushing to make a purchase IMO....
      Cut him a little slack, peer (DFWMustangs) pressure is a bitch. We were ridding him pretty hard calling him everything other than a little bitch for not getting a 10/22 as fast as possible.
      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
        Cut him a little slack, peer (DFWMustangs) pressure is a bitch. We were ridding him pretty hard calling him everything other than a little bitch for not getting a 10/22 as fast as possible.
        Hell, I just left Dicks...

$224 OTD with 525rds of Remmington .22LR

Comment

• Yeah I went ahead and bought a 10/22 also this weekend.

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Comment

• Sounds like we need a .22 GTG.
            Originally posted by Jester
            Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
            He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
            Originally posted by Denny
            What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
            FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

• Originally posted by motoman View Post
              Sounds like we need a .22 GTG.
              I'm down

Comment

• Optics

I didn't want to start a whole new thread for this so I'll ask here. After shooting with the iron sights on my 10/22 I've decided I want a small scope of some sort. I'm not looking for anything super fancy, probably no more than $150. It seems the typical scope for a 10/22 seems to be a 3-9x40.

Anyone know if the Bushnell Banner line of scopes is a decent scope?
                Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.

Comment

I didn't want to start a whole new thread for this so I'll ask here. After shooting with the iron sights on my 10/22 I've decided I want a small scope of some sort. I'm not looking for anything super fancy, probably no more than $150. It seems the typical scope for a 10/22 seems to be a 3-9x40.

Anyone know if the Bushnell Banner line of scopes is a decent scope?
                  Unless you wanna do some semi-serious target shooting with your .22, you can get away with entry level optics just fine. Nikon Prostaff is the route I'd go personally, but for now I have a Redfield 2-7x30 laying around from when I purchased my Savage that I'll be using, just need to order scope rings

Comment

• Originally posted by bottlerocket View Post
                    Unless you wanna do some semi-serious target shooting with your .22, you can get away with entry level optics just fine. Nikon Prostaff is the route I'd go personally, but for now I have a Redfield 2-7x30 laying around from when I purchased my Savage that I'll be using, just need to order scope rings
                    I'll put it this way, I already love shooting this rifle and I want to push it to it's limits for shooting since it's so cheap to shoot. I've already found a more comfortable stock that I like and I may eventually swap out the barrel for one that's a little longer to get a little more distance out of each round. I know it has no problem shooting 100 yards, I just need to find a decent scope that'll keep up. I'll even say $200 is the max I want to pay for a scope for this. It'd be nice to find one that has a nice click with adjustments as well as mil dots.

Comment

• Greg, I'm proud of you. Don't forget to get a scope with 1/4 MOA adjustments, and set screws for the knobs. Then you can reset the knobs to the zero mark when you get it zeroed.
                      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

• Originally posted by Yale View Post
                        Greg, I'm proud of you. Don't forget to get a scope with 1/4 MOA adjustments, and set screws for the knobs. Then you can reset the knobs to the zero mark when you get it zeroed.
                        That's definitely something I want in a scope. I've been reading up about scopes most of the afternoon and I'm not going to lie, it's not easy finding a good scope. Here's another question, since I'm not looking to spend more than $200 on a scope, how much should I spend on the mount rings? I know that mount rings aren't something you want to skimp on...

Comment

I'll put it this way, I already love shooting this rifle and I want to push it to it's limits for shooting since it's so cheap to shoot. I've already found a more comfortable stock that I like and I may eventually swap out the barrel for one that's a little longer to get a little more distance out of each round. I know it has no problem shooting 100 yards, I just need to find a decent scope that'll keep up. I'll even say $200 is the max I want to pay for a scope for this. It'd be nice to find one that has a nice click with adjustments as well as mil dots.
                          Barrel length AND thickness both play a part. You'll want a match or bull barrel. Mil Dots are way overrated and difficult to use (correctly). They take quite a bit of calculating to use properly. You'd be just fine with something like the Bullet Drop Compensator that Nikon has.

Originally posted by motoman View Post
                          That's definitely something I want in a scope. I've been reading up about scopes most of the afternoon and I'm not going to lie, it's not easy finding a good scope. Here's another question, since I'm not looking to spend more than $200 on a scope, how much should I spend on the mount rings? I know that mount rings aren't something you want to skimp on...
                          Its definitely not easy finding a good scope since most optics manufacturers have tiers and each place has comparable tiers as you work your way up, so no matter how much you want to spend, you'll never have a shortage of scopes to pick from at any price point. That being said, its hard to say any scope is "best". Sure there are ones that the glass is just shit quality, but otherwise with most of the big brands you can't go wrong. The deciding factor is YOUR EYES and that alone. It came down to Leupold, Bushnell and Nikon for me. I went to Bass Pro and tried out every one indoors, and also had them let me take them outdoors with them to see which optics looked best. In the end Nikon was the best looking of the bunch for me, but that might not be the same for you. Each have different coatings and its impossible for one to be best, some just look better for some people, so get out there and look through some.

As for rings, get 4 bolt rings at least.

Comment

Sounds like we need a .22 GTG.
                            Originally posted by Pro88LX View Post
                            I'm down
                            I'm in too.

Comment

• I'd cruise over to the bargain cave at Cabelas, or look for closeouts on MidwayUSA and Brownell's. I wouldn't sweat trying to get Mil-dots for this scope. The farthest out you'll be shooting is 100yds with 22lr, and even then, all you'll be worried about is bullet drop. Mildots are for estimating distance. If you can't estimate distance within 100yds, Mildots will be of no use to you. The same people that think Mildots are for holdover think every rifle needs to be zeroed 2" over at 100yds, rather than learn how to shoot.
                              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

• Any of you guys familiar with BSA scopes?

Comment

Working...
                                X