Any experience with 260?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CJ View Post
    Annealing is pretty easy and cheap to do. I like Nosler as well. You can fix loose primer pockets pretty easy also.
    I agree annealing isn't that difficult once a good system is used or an ultra fancy machine. I've tried the primer pocket swadgers and didn't have the best luck, it worked good on a few then some would require it after the first firing. I was glad I borrowed it to try instead of buying.
    "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Competition is all about repeatability. As long as you're using the same brass, and you scale your brass/verify concentric and make sure it's all trimmed/deburred identical you'll be fine. I suppose those premier brass manufacturers would make sense if you didn't know how or want to choose your brass yourself. I personally use federal nickel cases for my loads and could never see a difference between any of the high dollar cases.
      Be careful using the nickel plated stuff they can cause die problems when they start to flake. I only load nickel plated cases 2 times then trash them.

Comment

Originally posted by dee View Post
        Where are you shooting F class at been wanting to try it out.
        It's getting harder and harder to find places to shoot F-class lately. I use to shoot at Ft. Wolters and Tiger Valley. Lately the only remaining ranges shooting F-class is MSA (which is a drive). I shoot unsupported comps at Tac Pro on occasion. I've got a post up on Sniper's Hide asking about any new F-class comps opening up around here, I've been lobbying for it for quite a while. There have been some new ranges popping up so I hope they do.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Be careful using the nickel plated stuff they can cause die problems when they start to flake. I only load nickel plated cases 2 times then trash them.
          I've heard that from the old codgers forever, the nickel will tumble off before it starts to flake (assuming it isn't a shitty case). At least, I've never had it flake off on the cases I use. I run polished carbide dies (ever tried to polish carbide, lol) and I've been through 13 reloads on one of my case sets and it's still going fine. Most of the time I just replace the cases after 4 reloads because it's cheap and I have tons of it. It also depends on whether you're full length or neck resizing. The reason I use nickel is just so it's easier for me to find my cases since I shoot a semi auto. If I was using a bolt gun I probably would be using brass. It's just a convenience thing.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I agree annealing isn't that difficult once a good system is used or an ultra fancy machine. I've tried the primer pocket swadgers and didn't have the best luck, it worked good on a few then some would require it after the first firing. I was glad I borrowed it to try instead of buying.
            I don't use any of the pocket swagers. I use ball bearings and a big ass hammer.

Comment

It's getting harder and harder to find places to shoot F-class lately. I use to shoot at Ft. Wolters and Tiger Valley. Lately the only remaining ranges shooting F-class is MSA (which is a drive). I shoot unsupported comps at Tac Pro on occasion. I've got a post up on Sniper's Hide asking about any new F-class comps opening up around here, I've been lobbying for it for quite a while. There have been some new ranges popping up so I hope they do.
              I'll try and keep an eye on your post over there for a heads up. If you get something lined up let me know I'd like to try although I would have to shoot in the open classification.

Comment

I've heard that from the old codgers forever, the nickel will tumble off before it starts to flake (assuming it isn't a shitty case). At least, I've never had it flake off on the cases I use. I run polished carbide dies (ever tried to polish carbide, lol) and I've been through 13 reloads on one of my case sets and it's still going fine. Most of the time I just replace the cases after 4 reloads because it's cheap and I have tons of it. It also depends on whether you're full length or neck resizing. The reason I use nickel is just so it's easier for me to find my cases since I shoot a semi auto. If I was using a bolt gun I probably would be using brass. It's just a convenience thing.
                Carbide dies may be a factor in having issues.

Comment

I'll try and keep an eye on your post over there for a heads up. If you get something lined up let me know I'd like to try although I would have to shoot in the open classification.
                  I've been considering starting my own competition for semi auto suppressed guns.

Comment

I've been considering starting my own competition for semi auto suppressed guns.
                    That would be pretty neat.

Comment

That would be pretty neat.
                      That's really what I'm interested in right now, and other formal classes do not offer any handicaps so you never see them. For me, in what I use a suppressed gun for, it would be a great class to work up real world usable loads.

Comment

Be a pretty good "practical" type class with use of suppressors being so popular these days.

Comment

I hate to admit it, but I might built a long range AR10 next year. It's going to cost a damn fortune, but I think I'm ready to move on. I've played around with the idea of chambering an AR10 in .350 rem mag. That thing would be a beast.

200 gr SP..........3,008 ft/s...........4,019 ft·lbf

Last edited by CJ; 11-02-2012, 09:29 AM.

Comment

338 federal would make a good suppressed AR10 round.

Comment

338 federal would make a good suppressed AR10 round.
                              Unfortunately I only have a .30 cal can, so I'd probably choose .300 win mag just to make my life easier. I haven't heard a .338 suppressed yet, but SAS does have the Vengeance .338 can.

Comment

How did you like the AI chasis.

Comment

Working...
                                X