Lets see your 1911's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
    Love the tritium sights, that shit is so neat. I have been making all sorts of stuff with it.
    The other day I was reading about a boy scout who almost successfully created a nuclear reactor using tritium scavenged from gun sights, lol.
    Originally posted by lincolnboy
    After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

• There isn't much tritium in the gun sights. I wonder what the hell he was doing with it. It is a gas after all. I just make trinkets out of it.

Comment

• That Wilson is a work of art...
        Originally posted by stevo
        Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

• I traded for a Colt 1911 Series 70 a few weeks ago, I took it to my dads house, he feel in love with it so I gave it to him. I stumbled on this commander by luck today. The guy I bought it from said it was his wifes dad's gun, he passed away so they had no use for it. The gun has never been fired that I can tell. Only thing that sucks is Im left handed and would like to have a 1911 with a right side slide release but for what I got the gun for Im happy. Anyone that has a 1911 they wanna do some trading with shoot me a pm

I wanna do something to it, thinking about doing a trigger. I assume I could tackle this, and if so what trigger should I go with? I like the looks of the infinity triggers. Worth the hassle?

Last edited by War Machine; 01-23-2013, 07:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buzzo View Post
            I traded for a Colt 1911 Series 70 a few weeks ago, I took it to my dads house, he feel in love with it so I gave it to him. I stumbled on this commander by luck today. The guy I bought it from said it was his wifes dad's gun, he passed away so they had no use for it. The gun has never been fired that I can tell. Only thing that sucks is Im left handed and would like to have a 1911 with a right side slide release but for what I got the gun for Im happy. Anyone that has a 1911 they wanna do some trading with shoot me a pm

I wanna do something to it, thinking about doing a trigger. I assume I could tackle this, and if so what trigger should I go with? I like the looks of the infinity triggers. Worth the hassle?
            Are you talking about a whole trigger job or just the trigger it's self? If just the trigger they are easy to do assuming you can completely disassemble the gun... it shouldn't need much fitting, I've done it a few times. As for a whole trigger job, I would certainly go with Infinity parts, although it would likely need to be fitted properly as I don't think they are designed to be drop in parts.
            Originally posted by stevo
            Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

• thanks. I have been watching youtube videos and Im pretty sure I can tackle it. Im still debating on modding the gun cause I really want a ambidextrous 1911. I dont know how much its going to bother me.

That being said, is doing a trigger mod worth it on a series 80 colt?

Comment

• Damn Buzzo! That's THE gun I want. I have the Colt Commander in 9mm but REALLY want it in .45.... Gorgeous gun, IMHO.
                Last edited by Darren M; 01-24-2013, 11:19 AM.
                Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
                There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

• I paid $140 for a nickel Colt 1911 Series 70.

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                  "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• i picked up a kimber ultra carry ii yesterday.

god bless.
                    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

• Originally posted by Darren M View Post
                      Damn Buzzo! That's THE gun I want. I have the Colt Commander in 9mm but REALLY want it in .45.... Gorgeous gun, IMHO.
                      thanks, Im really happy with it. I shoot a 1911 better than I do my polymer guns. I think Im going to sell it and get one with a ambidextrous safety. Just debating on how much this is really going to bother me in the future

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam88gta1 View Post

Ran 650 rounds of umc fmj through it right out of the box new without a single failure. Ive put 2500 rounds through it now and never had a single issue. Been the best CC pistol ive owned yet.
                        I have the same pistol and it will fail to feel about every 4-5 rounds. Ordered some new Wilson magazines and a Wolff recoil spring....as well as feed ramp polishing. I hope this fixes the issue.

Comment

• Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
                          I have the same pistol and it will fail to feel about every 4-5 rounds. Ordered some new Wilson magazines and a Wolff recoil spring....as well as feed ramp polishing. I hope this fixes the issue.
                          send it back to kimber, I hear their customer service is better than their guns

Comment

• bling?
                            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Nice man. How difficult is barrel fitment in the 1911's?? Just curious...
                              04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Originally posted by Sean88gt
                              There is something about her that just makes my dick completely take over any thought process. If Russell Brand were on top of her, I'd fuck him just to say I pushed a dick inside of her.

Comment

• Originally posted by slowyellow View Post
                                Nice man. How difficult is barrel fitment in the 1911's?? Just curious...
                                How difficult? You just stick it in there. If you mean lockup like the barrel bushing, there's lots of different ways to do it.

Comment

Working...
                                X