No announcement yet.

Whiskey aficionados

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eric, not a step up in coinage but picked this bottle up tonight. It is outstanding.
    It's a limited run single barrel.

David

Comment

• Originally posted by Yale View Post
      Shit, I like Eagle Rare. That's good Bourbon.
      Yeah like jack single but better cause of the price!

Comment

• I've had 1792 before and it was decent, might have to look for that. Do any of you guys use decanters? This just looks too cool not to buy.

Comment

• Originally posted by talisman View Post
          Do any of you guys use decanters?
          I don't have a serving setup like that but I keep two decanters full and on top of the liquor cabinet for guests.

Comment

• I have a nice decanter set and used to use it but don't really have a place for it. Really like a nice one and think they are classy.

On the 1792, look for a limited edition single barrel. Fossil Creek Liquor (where I shop) has a few cases.

David

Comment

• Jenn got me an antique decanter a while back, but I need to get the cork replaced.

Comment

• Be sure you aren't storing anything in it for long if it has leaded glass.

Comment

• Pretty sure it's crystal, but I'll double check.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snatch Napkin View Post
                    Pretty sure it's crystal, but I'll double check.
                    Yeah, I was going to mention that a quality set is a must. Cheaper ones (usually made for looks) will not seal well and cause evaporation.

David

Comment

• It was "antique" that caught my eye. Most of the older stuff was made with leaded glass. Fine if you're just using it for an evening of entertaining, but they can have seep if liquid is stored for too long.

Comment

• Originally posted by talisman View Post
                        It was "antique" that caught my eye. Most of the older stuff was made with leaded glass. Fine if you're just using it for an evening of entertaining, but they can have seep if liquid is stored for too long.
                        Not a heavy metal fan?

Comment

• I'm told Blanton's is pretty good and similar to Woodford, but I have picked up a bottle myself yet.

I do agree 1792 is good, although it's cheaper than the three you mentioned.

Comment

• Originally posted by cobrajet69 View Post
                            Yeah, I was going to mention that a quality set is a must. Cheaper ones (usually made for looks) will not seal well and cause evaporation. David
                            I never really looked at it before. I picked it up at a junk shop in town for $15. The silver is stamped Plata Lappas, which is an Argentinian company that makes some pretty fancy schmancy serving ware. I don't think the stopper and whisky tag are original.

Comment

• anyone here tried "Junior Johnson's Midnight Moon" Moonshine? Bought a jar of the apple pie at costco for 15.99. Didnt get to try it yet to review for you guys.

Inspired by Bootlegger and NASCAR Legend Junior Johnson’s legendary moonshine recipe. 100% Natural. 100% Real. Grab It. Sip It. Share It.

Comment

• Originally posted by SVT Lurch View Post
                                I'm told Blanton's is pretty good and similar to Woodford, but I have picked up a bottle myself yet.

I do agree 1792 is good, although it's cheaper than the three you mentioned.
                                I like Blanton's. They had it on sale at Goody Goody for $46 so I got another fifth recently.
                                Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
                                Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Working...
                                X