Whiskey aficionados

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gtracer View Post
    All that DOHCTR talk got me to thinking/google what the most expensive whiskey is...well $60,000 a shot it seems. A little steep for my blood but their tasting room sure looks like fun..

Your post with that picture implies that Macallan 12 is $60,000/shot.

What do they have that is *actually* that expensive? A bottle of 12 is $45 or so.

Comment

• Sorry about that, I really intended for the Oak room to be the focus of the image, the 12 is served @ $16 a glass...

A 64yr old Malt is going for $60k

Scroll down the web page past the cheesy people toasting and there is a nice Whiskey cabinet and a 50yr annaversary bottle of Macallan.

Here is a link to the site:

http://www.bornrich.com/entry/worlds...callan-lounge/
      Originally posted by Sean88gt
      You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
      Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
      You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

• I think it's the Macallen 64 year old that sells for 60k/shot at the Montage Beverly Hills Macallen Lounge.

Comment

• A bottle of Dalmore 62 sold for 250k US last year I think

Comment

• Originally posted by Silverback View Post
            A bottle of Dalmore 62 sold for 250k US last year I think
            Maybe I can get half a shot and mortgage my house...lol

All this talk makes me want a drink right now...

Here is a link to Forbes most expensive whiskey list. After the first three paragraphs there is a link that will run down their list.

http://www.forbes.com/2006/06/13/exp..._0614feat.html

Seems Mcallan is in the top pretty consistent
            You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
            You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ratt View Post
              None of those are scotch...
              huh? i know crown isnt but johnny walker and redbreast both are? unless there is something im missing. they both said scotch whiskey on the bottles lol

Comment

• My drink of choice is Macallan 12 on the rocks. I know there are more expensive choices and longer aged, but man, that shit is good.

BTW, if it's not Scottish, it's crap.

Comment

• Originally posted by CWO View Post
                  My drink of choice is Macallan 12 on the rocks. I know there are more expensive choices and longer aged, but man, that shit is good.

BTW, if it's not Scottish, it's crap.
                  Boo, I'm an Irish Whiskey man!

Comment

• Unless you are drinking Glenlivet 70, you are a fag.

Originally posted by lincolnboy
                    After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

• Originally posted by silverback View Post
                      boo, i'm an irish whiskey man!
                      snl

Comment

• Originally posted by CWO View Post
                        snl
                        yes, i know, but still I figured you were still a Scotish Scotch man

Comment

• Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                          yes, i know, but still I figured you were still a Scotish Scotch man
                          When you're right, you're right.

Comment

• Originally posted by blackedv View Post
                            huh? i know crown isnt but johnny walker and redbreast both are? unless there is something im missing. they both said scotch whiskey on the bottles lol
                            I misread your post. Then was also being an idiot.

Comment

• Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                              Unless you are drinking Glenlivet 70, you are a fag.

I knock that shit back while working on the car...what you talking about

Not too sure when the bottle is prettier than the contents....maybe all hype?

Comment

• Just gonna throw this out there...

I love a good rye and I'll be damned if Bulleit isn't the best I've had in a looooong time.

I'm trying to do some accounting / bookkeeping, gov forms to keep the man off our asses, and get a new ISBN / copyright tonight... this is the only thing getting me through it.
                                Last edited by Strychnine; 06-09-2012, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X