• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by forbes View Post
    dollar for dollar...
    ill take my 1792 ridgemont reserve

then blantons
    This.
    1792 is one of my new cheap favs
    blantons is awesome, as probably are many in these price ranges i haven't actually tried.
    not that impressed with the scot's or blended. Johnny walkers are o.k.
    Maybe im just not that much of a scotch guy.
    Canadian is just horrible. As are people that think southern comfort is whiskey.

I like it - coke back. Sometimes with just ice, if it's really good.

Comment

My current selection for when I get that occasional urge for whiskey instead of beer.

Comment

I'd like to tell you guys kiss my ass for recommending the Booker's and Maker's Mark, my booze bill has doubled since I now have to keep each stocked in the house, have went through 3 1.75l of Maker's and a 750ml of Booker's in the last three weeks. It is just TOO hard to stop dipping into the good stuff and grab the cheap shit after hitting that buzz.

Stevo
        Originally posted by SSMAN
        ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Originally posted by stevo View Post
          I'd like to tell you guys kiss my ass for recommending the Booker's and Maker's Mark, my booze bill has doubled since I now have to keep each stocked in the house, have went through 3 1.75l of Maker's and a 750ml of Booker's in the last three weeks. It is just TOO hard to stop dipping into the good stuff and grab the cheap shit after hitting that buzz.

Stevo
          LMFAO!!!

You'll know you have a problem when you ever find yourself driving 6 hours to meet a family member who just scored you 3 bottles of your favorite nectar. If that doesn't open your eyes go ahead and get 3 more when your local liquor gives you a personal call to let you know that they were surprised with another shipment.

I've spent so much in the last 3 months that I had to tell Jenn not to get me any more Mackinlay's Old Rare Scotch. That shit is more expensive than Stagg, but more abundant.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
            Little advice on whisky. Unless it is a single malt from the highlands, it sucks ass.
            Spoken like a real elitist prick

Comment

Originally posted by D. Lil View Post
              Spoken like a real elitist prick
              He chooses drinks based on the perceived status it gives him.

Comment

got some whiskey stones last night from some good friends of ours. Excited to try them out.
                2007 Silverado CC
                1970 Mustang Coupe

True Street Motorsports. 972-542-9886

Comment

Originally posted by stevo View Post

Stevo
                  I've been drinking Makers since college and then someone introduced me to Knob Creek and I was converted. The only reason I bought that makers was because of the blue and white wax dip, found it a liquor store in Addison during the Rangers playoff games.

Comment

I think I'll be making a trip to Spec's today to see what I can round up. It's only the size of a Super Wal-Mart

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                      I think I'll be making a trip to Spec's today to see what I can round up. It's only the size of a Super Wal-Mart
                      The first time I walked into a Spec's I did not want to leave.

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
                        The first time I walked into a Spec's I did not want to leave.
                        The one at 290/Brodie is probably the biggest I've been in, I think it was an old grocery store, or Wal-Mart at one time.

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                          The one at 290/Brodie is probably the biggest I've been in, I think it was an old grocery store, or Wal-Mart at one time.
                          I had no idea what the store was. My wife and I were in Austin for a week, we pulled into the parking lot to look at a map and decided to go inside and see if we could grab something to drink (bottle of water or something). Then we discovered paradise.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
                            I've been drinking Makers since college and then someone introduced me to Knob Creek and I was converted. The only reason I bought that makers was because of the blue and white wax dip, found it a liquor store in Addison during the Rangers playoff games.
                            I have tried the Knob Creek but was in such shape that I cannot remember it if I tried. My wife likes the Maker's because of the sweetness and hint of spice that is has, and she has always disliked bourbon. If it makes her happy, it helps me keep it in house.

Stevo
                            Originally posted by SSMAN
                            ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Originally posted by exlude View Post
                              He chooses drinks based on the perceived status it gives him.
                              My point exactly.

Comment

Ever since Honey Jack Daniels came out I have been in love.

Comment

Working...
                                X