03/04 cobra owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 03/04 cobra owners

are smoking some good shit. I pass the time away by checking mustangs for sale on ebay, craigslist, and autotrader. Who knows I might just find a deal to good to pass up. If I had to name one group of owners that think their car's value is as high as giraffe pussy it would be an 03/04 cobra owner. I get that the cars are cool and should be respected, but come on. The damn things are 10 years old and I can go buy a 2011 or 2012 with more horse power and a warranty cheaper than you can an 03 cobra with less than 40k miles.

I've been trying to figure out for over a year how people still think those things are worth 25k. I'd be hard pressed to fork out 15k for a nice one with the new 5.0s out.

Comment

Originally posted by FreightTrain View Post
      I can go buy a 2011 or 2012 with more horse power and a warranty cheaper than you can an 03 cobra with less than 40k miles.
      then there's your answer.
      WRX

Comment

Probably that "SVT" badge makes them feel all special.
        Originally posted by MR EDD
        U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

I went to look at a few in FB/Carrollton at a wholesaler a few weeks ago, he had eight of them. Three were nice and those were all 25kish, the others were at about 20k.
          Originally posted by Silverback
          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
            I've been trying to figure out for over a year how people still think those things are worth 25k. I'd be hard pressed to fork out 15k for a nice one with the new 5.0s out.
            This. Its like saying any decent fox is worth more then 7k. These 10k+ fox bodies have me rolling.
            2005 M3 Vert with TSW rims
            2001 Dodge Dakota R/T C/H/I, gears, exhaust, and 125 shot of nos
            2012 Ford Edge

Comment

I'm not surprised the value of a car that had a short production run is increasing. It's still a very attractive car that can still hold its own vs new(er) cars in a straight line.

Plus I don't think a 11-12 GT can make 550 rwhp with bolt-ons and swaping a pulley under the hood. I love the new GT btw and plan to buy one in a couple of years.

Same thing is happening with the 99-04 Lightning
              Last edited by A_A_G; 04-02-2012, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Sold my 26k mile termy w/a kenne bell paid $2k for the blower $20k w/rebuilt title

The last 03 cobra i bought paid $7k sold it the next day for $16k then it was sold a few weeks later for 18k
                and it was rough in my opinion 70k miles also

Comment

Sell you mine for 21.

Comment

Sold my black '03 in '09 for $23k. It had lots of upgrades and 520 horses, 64k miles and not a scratch. I wish I still had it.

It's true that new stangs are very comparable to the 03-04 Cobras, but those cobras are the best looking/performing mustangs ever made.....until the 2012 Boss IMO.

I figured all but the low mile cars would be mid teens by now. The low mile cars will probably never depreciate

Comment

People will pay what they want. I did want a 03/04 for a while now since the 01 slobra was totaled, but I'd rather get a 2011-2012 for the prices they are asking.

Put a blower on it with exhaust, tune upgrade and walk most of them out there.

Comment

Yeah... I snagged mine for 18k :/

Comment

i absolutely love 03/04 cobras. owned 2, still have one of them (in some form or other!) but yea, the owners and most buyers are smoking crack.

the issue is the owners believed them to be the next "supra". having somewhat limited numbers, carrying svt badging, some nice features like badass seats and a pretty rock solid bottom end capable of putting out serious numbers... everyone assumed the value would hold very well and it did for a long time. the 2005-2010 was the 03 cobras best friend...

well then ford fucked it up by making the 5.0 motor. 2011-12 GT = your parade has just been cancelled due to a hurricane made of earthquakes.

IMO a clean stockish 03/04 with sub 75k miles in the right color is worth 17k to me. any more than that i'd rather just get a coyote.
                          www.hppmotorsports.com
                          ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

I have been looking at the 03-04 Cobras & they seem to hold their value! But 20k seems to be the area their at!

I found a 99 FRC Vette with 86,000 miles im picking up for half what the 03-04 Cobras are going for! Gonna invest 4k in HCI setup on my Vette & have 15k at best for 450 N/A RWHP & way faster & lighter then the Cobras & to top it off knock down 30+ MPG on the Hwy & low 20s in town.
                            GOD BLESS TEXAS
                            August Landscaping
                            214-779-7278
                            Seb's high class.
                            He'll mow your grass.
                            He'll kick your ass.
                            And while his kidney stones pass,
                            He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

Originally posted by FreightTrain View Post
                              are smoking some good shit. I pass the time away by checking mustangs for sale on ebay, craigslist, and autotrader. Who knows I might just find a deal to good to pass up. If I had to name one group of owners that think their car's value is as high as giraffe pussy it would be an 03/04 cobra owner. I get that the cars are cool and should be respected, but come on. The damn things are 10 years old and I can go buy a 2011 or 2012 with more horse power and a warranty cheaper than you can an 03 cobra with less than 40k miles.
                              You answered your own question. Buy an 2011 or 2012.
                              Don't expect me to defend the value of the entire 03-04 market. I know how much I have invested in my car, and the current market value, which is a function of supply and demand\desire. If you don't think a certian car is worth xxxxx, don't buy it, but also; don't make a thread complaining about it.

Comment

Working...
                              X