My bike was stolen this morn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My bike was stolen this morn

Got to work at 5am this morn. Parked on the sidewalk next to the entrance. Went to leave at 11:15am and my bike was gone. Coworker said he didn't notice it when he got there at 6.

This is the one time I didn't lock the handlebars. I work in Burleson off i35 and allsbury.

The bike is a '06 Yamaha FZ1 with the retro white and red body kit on it. White with red stripes. It has powder coated gold wheels and was otherwise all stock. Does not have mirrors on it. Has red bar ends and red windscreen screws. Also has some crash bars with rash on the right side.

I'm am beyond pissed. Just got the bike to perfect condition and was in the process of selling it. Only have liability on it. I've had the damn bike since '06 and nobody has ever fucking tried to steal it. Wtf.

Will post a pic when I get home, or someone can add the one from the bike forum.
    HD Parts
    paul@maverickhd.com

sorry bro. Hope they find it in good shape. Locking the bars wouldn't stop them if they wanted it.

Comment

I'm not sure locked handle bars would have really mattered. Don't bike thieves just have a group of people to throw it in the back of a truck? I dunno...
      Sorry for your loss. Another deterrent is a caliper lock.

Comment

I live down here in Burleson and will keep my eye out for it

so it was stolen within an hour of parking it? between 5-6am on a sunday..Makes me think someone could have followed you

Comment

sucks bro, mine was stolen a few years ago. You either gotta be riding them or have them in the garage. They're too easy to steal. Mine was a brand new gsxr, liability only :/
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skidmark View Post
            sorry bro. Hope they find it in good shape. Locking the bars wouldn't stop them if they wanted it.
            The way I had it parked on the sidewalk, they could have easily backed it around the corner of the building.

If the bars were locked it woulda hit building if rolled. Wouldn't really think I'd need security on it in front of this big business at 5am, with a completely empty parking lot that is lit.
            Thought it was a prank at first, but nope.
            Bike also has a Scorpio alarm, but I only use it at the apartments.
            Now, it's taken about 30 min and still no sign of the officer to make take the report.
            HD Parts
            paul@maverickhd.com

Comment

Fucking sucks man.

Comment

I've had 1 bike stolen twice. Didn't get it back the 2nd time. After that I was either on it or in the garage. Locking handlebars/disc lock don't matter.
                2006 Civic SI
                2009 Pilot
                1988 GT
                CRF50

Widebody whore.

Comment

Originally posted by black50 View Post
                  I live down here in Burleson and will keep my eye out for it

so it was stolen within an hour of parking it? between 5-6am on a sunday..Makes me think someone could have followed you
                  Can't miss it. Pearl white with red stripes and gold wheels. just like the '12 LE model R1 and R6. Got plenty of compliments at NTX House of Cycles yesterday.

Should I call all the local bike shops and let them know?
                  HD Parts
                  paul@maverickhd.com

Comment

Don't have the license plate on me, but do have the VIN if I should post it up.
                    HD Parts
                    paul@maverickhd.com

Comment

Originally posted by 89stangGT View Post
                      Can't miss it. Pearl white with red stripes and gold wheels. just like the '12 LE model R1 and R6. Got plenty of compliments at NTX House of Cycles yesterday.

Should I call all the local bike shops and let them know?
                      I'd be on the phone with bike shops and anyone else in the area that deals with sport bikes
                      I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

ill keep an eye out in arlington.

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                          I'd be on the phone with bike shops and anyone else in the area that deals with sport bikes
                          I would call every shop in south ft worth, everman, forest hill, crowley and Arlington...

Comment

Originally posted by 89stangGT View Post
                            Got plenty of compliments at NTX House of Cycles yesterday.
                            Hmmmm, sounds suspicious and coincidental. Someone scouted it out IMO.

Comment

Sorry to hear, I know what you are going thru right now. Unfortunately by this point its probably in 100 pieces by now.

Comment

Working...
                              X