Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the earliest you have asked for a raise at work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the earliest you have asked for a raise at work?

Just curious to see where this goes.

As a primer, I recently got a new gig and have been absolutely loving it, and kicking ass.But, judging by the amount of responsibilities I have, and the fact that the list keep growing greater and greater, taking on other peoples roles, it begs the question to look again at my compensation.

I've been kicking ass here, and I have tackled on several new projects, learned several new skills, and have even gotten us PO's...even though I'm technically "no longer in sales" ...which means i don't get compensated like our sales guys do.

I briefly talked to Roscoe about this with his last situation, and just want to see about it. I have a timeline in place to have a discussion about this , but i wanted to hear about some experiences here. The worst my boss can say is no, and companies arnt exactly going to hand out raises to those who seem content where they are. Upward mobility to me seems something you gotta pave with hard work and solid reliability as the go-to guy, but once the ground is paved you gotta be the driver and go forward.

30, 60, and 90 days for low wage menial jobs. 1 year for higher pay professional positions.
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Higher paid I would wait for the year mark.

Comment

I'd say wait for your review when you're one on one already discussing performance and bring it up before he/she does.
        How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Day 2, at lunch, via text.

Just kidding. 1 year minimum for me.
          "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

During my interview ...
            07 GT500
            05 SRT10
            88 turbocoupe T-bird
            93 Cobra
            86 coupe
            Ducati 848

Comment

On the job application...

Comment

If you have to ask, your probably at the wrong place....
                .....bro....

Comment

In the interview when they ask if I have any questions. "Sure: 1) When do I start? 2) When's my first raise?"
                  Originally posted by davbrucas
                  I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by A+ View Post
                    If you have to ask, your probably at the wrong place....
                    Or if you don't know the difference between your and you're, and think Romney lies, but believe OBummer, you better just stick with McDs.

Fuckhead.

1 year, maybe 6 months if you have taken enough responsibility that it's like a promotion. You're likely the only one that knows for sure.
                    sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                    17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                    13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                    86 SVO - Sold
                    '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                    01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                    65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post
                      Or if you don't know the difference between your and you're, and think Romney lies, but believe OBummer, you better just stick with McDs.

Fuckhead.
                      Fuck the difference between your and you're. 99% of my posts are from my cell phone and if a misspelled gets your panties in a bunch, fuck you too. Fuck a republican, fuck a democrat, fuck biggie , fuck bad boy as a staff record label and as a crew and if you down with bad boy, fuck you too!!!
                      .....bro....

Comment

Fuck the difference between your and you're. 99% of my posts are from my cell phone and if a misspelled gets your panties in a bunch, fuck you too. Fuck a republican, fuck a democrat, fuck biggie , fuck bad boy as a staff record label and as a crew and if you down with bad boy, fuck you too!!!
                        Fuck you and your excuses. Every single post I've made in the last 6 months has come from a mobile device.

Comment

All you mothafuckas!! Fuck you too!!!
                          Originally posted by talisman
                          I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
                          Originally posted by AdamLX
                          If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
                          Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                          Because fuck you, that's why
                          Originally posted by 80coupe
                          nice dick, Idrivea4banger
                          Originally posted by Rick Modena
                          ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
                          Originally posted by Jester
                          Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

how many days of PTO do you get?

Comment

My original gut reaction would be to have a discussion at the 6 month mark, after a few good performance reviews under my belt (i already have several) and a few key events nailed.

I wouldnt even really have this under consideration if it wasnt for being hired on for one role, and ending up doing 4 peoples work.

I also feel a bit of regret at going in at my salary point having a different bonus structure/commission/compensation package in mind, but I cant help that and cant negotiate off that, or have any basis that would be relevant. All I can do is showcase my performance, my attitude, and my widely expanded responsibilities. The third factor is the thing that is making me consider moving up a timetable. I dont want to end up getting paid for 1 gig while performing 3-4 (Sales Engineering, Marketing, Partner Management, and Training).

The plus side is i dig what i'm doing, and i am doing quite well at it. I just dont want to live in apartment forever, you know? hah!

Comment

Working...
                              X