Where does America really stand?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4eyedwillie View Post
    You lost seats in the house and in the senate (even some that were seen as a lock) plus lost the big spot. The Repub party is out of touch with the majority of voters and from what I've seen they still haven't learned.
    It doesn't matter what you believe your already a Repub, what matters is what do the people your trying to entice into voting for your guy believe. The party doesn't get that.
    You lost seats? You mean we lost seats, right? Since you're a republican.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
      I'm speaking leadership terms here...
      I could care less about the leadership of either of the two established parties, I want a new party that will be centrist.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
        You lost seats? You mean we lost seats, right? Since you're a republican.
        Reading comprehension must own you today. Go back and reread what I said not what you want me to have said.

Comment

I could care less about the leadership of either of the two established parties, I want a new party that will be centrist.
          The point I'm trying to make is that a centrist party IS one party rule, and not the one that will solidify the future of the country.

Comment

Reading comprehension must own you today. Go back and reread what I said not what you want me to have said.
            lol @ reading comprehension coming from the guy who doesnt understand the difference between your vs. you're.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by momo View Post
              your first amendment rights will fall... after i lose my second amendment rights.

The general public doesn't care, and has forgotten what this country was founded on. They just want their government check, big brother protect me even from myself, fuck a bunch of rights. We passed the tipping point in November, this country is destined to fall now, no matter what we do.

Comment

You lost seats in the house and in the senate (even some that were seen as a lock) plus lost the big spot. The Repub party is out of touch with the majority of voters and from what I've seen they still haven't learned.
                It doesn't matter what you believe your already a Repub, what matters is what do the people your trying to entice into voting for your guy believe. The party doesn't get that.
                Actually, what killed Romney is his centrist views. Conservatives could not, as a whole, vote for someone who was so centrist and willing to capitulate to appeal to people who weren't going to vote for him anyway. It should be this simple:

"I will cut every federal agency not expressly called for in the constitution. Every agency created by EO will be removed by the same. The rest, I will push Congress. Every illegal will be removed and our borders secured. I don't care how long you've been here or your reason. You're here illegally, you're a criminal.

Drug laws? Consult the states. Federal government doesn't have the authority. Budgets: I will sign no budget that is not balanced and I will have zero increase in national debt while in office. If there's a national emergency, we will cut somewhere else to cover it.

Executive Orders. My third EO will be the abolishment of the EO. It's an unconstitutional authority the president does not legally possess. The first being removal of all unconstitutional agencies and the second to cut all foreign aid and remove base line budgeting.

Any questions?"
                I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                  Actually, what killed Romney is his centrist views. Conservatives could not, as a whole, vote for someone who was so centrist and willing to capitulate to appeal to people who weren't going to vote for him anyway. It should be this simple:

"I will cut every federal agency not expressly called for in the constitution. Every agency created by EO will be removed by the same. The rest, I will push Congress. Every illegal will be removed and our borders secured. I don't care how long you've been here or your reason. You're here illegally, you're a criminal.

Drug laws? Consult the states. Federal government doesn't have the authority. Budgets: I will sign no budget that is not balanced and I will have zero increase in national debt while in office. If there's a national emergency, we will cut somewhere else to cover it.

Executive Orders. My third EO will be the abolishment of the EO. It's an unconstitutional authority the president does not legally possess. The first being removal of all unconstitutional agencies and the second to cut all foreign aid and remove base line budgeting.

Any questions?"
                  So they voted for the guy they think is the anti-christ?? Yeah right, they held their nose and voted for the guy that came closest to their ideas. Just like alot of Dems did.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                    lol @ reading comprehension coming from the guy who doesnt understand the difference between your vs. you're.
                    It's the internet not a English term paper. You knew what I was typing.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4eyedwillie View Post
                      So they voted for the guy they think is the anti-crist?? Yeah right, they held their nose and voted for the guy that came closest to their ideas. Just like alot of Dems did.
                      You have so little comprehension of how voting works I'm not even sure why I'm replying, maybe to help others. Romney got less votes than McCain did. McCain was total crap. However, Romney got far MORE independent votes (a HELL of a lot more) than Barack Obama did. So what happened? The base didn't vote for Romney, they didn't turn out for him. He wasn't a conservative, same reason people didn't vote for McCain. By your post, it seems you think if someone doesn't vote for their candidate, they're required to vote for the other candidate. And I'm 100% sure you're unaware Romney won the independent vote.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                        The point I'm trying to make is that a centrist party IS one party rule, and not the one that will solidify the future of the country.
                        So the ultra right or ultra left wingers will solidify the future? Not likely. A centrist party will represent the majority of people in this country.

Comment

So the ultra right or ultra left wingers will solidify the future? Not likely. A centrist party will represent the majority of people in this country.
                          Third parties don't work, google history.

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ View Post
                            You have so little comprehension of how voting works I'm not even sure why I'm replying, maybe to help others. Romney got less votes than McCain did. McCain was total crap. However, Romney got far MORE independent votes (a HELL of a lot more) than Barack Obama did. So what happened? The base didn't vote for Romney, they didn't turn out for him. He wasn't a conservative, same reason people didn't vote for McCain. By your post, it seems you think if someone doesn't vote for their candidate, they're required to vote for the other candidate. And I'm 100% sure you're unaware Romney won the independent vote.
                            When they know that if they don't vote the other guy wins? Yeah I'm betting they went out and voted. That or they were so delusional that they thought Romney had a lock on it and they weren't needed. One thing about the Repub party they get out and vote, they don't sit on their ass in front of the TV

Comment

• I don't know why you guys even bother engaging with this clown.

Comment

When they know that if they don't vote the other guy wins? Yeah I'm betting they went out and voted. That or they were so delusional that they thought Romney had a lock on it and they weren't needed. One thing about the Repub party they get out and vote, they don't sit on their ass in front of the TV
                                Yes, there is solid evidence people will refuse to vote if they do not have a candidate they like. On this very website there are quite a few people who didn't because of that. The Republicans use to have the best turnout, in the last 10 years that has not been the case. Most republicans attribute that to a lack of conservative candidates (which is the base of the party).

Comment

Working...
                                X