Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Supra Turbo market can't really be this insane?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
    weird, the way it was described back then was that it replaced 2 different parts of the ecu and allowed timing/fuel and rev limit upgrades

gforce ecu's offered higher rev limit than stock, with several choices available. Some had modified fuel maps, some didn't. You could also get modified timing maps; mine came with some extra "chips" or whatever those little thingies are, for different rev limit and timing.

Comment

Always loved the supra, even when it first came out.

Does anyone still use Gforce?

Comment

I saw a supra going down marsh ln the other day and for the first time in my life i thought they looked dated
        "PSH!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by 01vnms4v View Post
          Always loved the supra, even when it first came out.

Does anyone still use Gforce?
          From my limited research the answer is no. They were associated with a company called techtom in Japan.

Comment

weird, the way it was described back then was that it replaced 2 different parts of the ecu and allowed timing/fuel and rev limit upgrades
            it leaned the car out a little and bumped a little timing.. but it was a preset map.. the VPC/GCC combo allowed you to fine tune it.
            2016 250 Mini dozer

No matter how fast light travels it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.

Comment

yup.. but it was basically a $1k rev limiter because the timing maps and Fuel maps were useless on anything above a stockish car.

BPU and above you needed a some sort of external adjustable fuel management.
              2016 250 Mini dozer

No matter how fast light travels it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.

Comment

that'd be the car. had circuit city over by Irving mall put speakers in it back in the day. you might have also seen the red one if we dropped the silver one off.
                Si, but I liked the silver one i remember crawling around the shop floor admiring the exhaust on that thing.

Man those were the days...lol

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzo View Post
                  I know where a silver t tops black leather manual supra with less than 20k miles on it is. It looks like brand new, and she hasnt drove it in over 10 years. Been in her garage since.

100.00 and I will give you the ladies number, she lives in rockwall
                  can only imagine her asking price

Comment

Originally posted by White_lightning View Post
                    yup.. but it was basically a $1k rev limiter because the timing maps and Fuel maps were useless on anything above a stockish car.

wtf do you know about Supras?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                      wtf do you know about Supras?
                      Clearly nothing...
                      2016 250 Mini dozer

Comment

okay, that makes sense then. i just read up on the the vpc and gcc and it seems that is what those are for. but the timing was still done through the ecu.

Comment

it leaned the car out a little and bumped a little timing.. but it was a preset map.. the VPC/GCC combo allowed you to fine tune it.
                          sorry, didn't see this one, makes sense now. i was in the 8th grade so i wasn't the 5.85 tuner yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
                            Si, but I liked the silver one i remember crawling around the shop floor admiring the exhaust on that thing.

Man those were the days...lol
                            crazy small world! did you actually put the speakers in that car?

Comment

okay, that makes sense then. i just read up on the the vpc and gcc and it seems that is what those are for. but the timing was still done through the ecu.
                              and like i said.. the timing gave you nothing....
                              my car lost 40 rwhp with a G-force ECU on race gas and 20#.. put the stocker back in.. Boom power is back.. it worked great on a 100% stock car... beyond that it was junk besides the limiter .
                              2016 250 Mini dozer

Comment

and like i said.. the timing gave you nothing....
                                my car lost 40 rwhp with a G-force ECU on race gas and 20#.. put the stocker back in.. Boom power is back.. it worked great on a 100% stock car... beyond that it was junk besides the limiter .
                                ah, that sucks. but i think the 2jz tuning was still in it's relative infancy back then so i'm sure my dad thought it was going to make it faster.

Comment

Working...
                                X