Best steak in the Dallas area?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chritaka View Post
    Sorry, guess I've missed all those published restaurant reviews of yours since you're such a connoisseur.
    lulz.

You may have had a bad experience, but to tell someone their tastes suck and they don't know a real steak due to your single experience is asinine.
    Not really. I usually give a place two chances before I sling shit, but the meal, AND service was SO incredibly bad, they don't deserve a second chance. I mean, who the fuck am I, to drop that kind of cash in a restaurant, and actually expect a decent meal. lol, again.

Yelp usually has some good reviews, check them out:

Yelp Review - Old Hickory

I guess a lot of people like shit... Look at that, ranked higher than Bob's too.

Yelp - Grapevine

LMGDAO!!! You want to blast me because I'm not a food critic, yet the 'proof' you rely on, is fucking Yelp? Where any swinging dog dick can talk about their experience? I hate to be Captain fucking Obvious here, but LARGE majority of people who drop a couple grand here and there on dinner, don't rush home to post about how great (or awful) it was on Yelp. Yelp holds as much water as Wikipedia, and that isn't much.

Yeah, a lot of people do like shit. If they didn't, places like Chili's, OTB, Mac Grill, Buffalo Wild Wings, etc wouldn't exist. As someone else mentioned, I'm lucky enough to eat in these places more in a year than most will in their life. You could even knock that down to a 3 month period if you want. All over TX, the US, and you can throw Mexico and Canada in the mix as well.

But, I'm a lowly nobody. It's not like I don't know the majority of the top chefs in the area personally. I don't know any Celebrity Chefs personally, and have never eaten and private dinners prepared by celeb chefs. I don't do any menu/recipe development with chains, chefs, or anyone else for that matter. I just don't have the slightest clue about anything when it comes to food. It's all just a farce.
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

i grew up in a trailer, i also enjoyed the old hickory. it would be after i couldnt get reservations at bob's or silver fox in frisco, but i would eat there again. i like the nigga with the cheese cart. i loves me some cheese, and wash it down with a bud light. YUM

god bless.
      It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Brent doesn't know shit!

I have yet to have ANY good meal at a Gaylord resort. It wouldn't really be so offensive if their resturants weren't so outrageously priced.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
          Brent doesn't know shit!

I have yet to have ANY good meal at a Gaylord resort. It wouldn't really be so offensive if their resturants weren't so outrageously priced.
          Well somebody has to pay for their baller lifestyle. No?

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
            Brent doesn't know shit!

The same week we ate at Old Hickory, we had a party in the sports bar, and it was a fajita buffet setup. It was decent for what it was (buffet food).

Comment

Surprised no one has mentioned Capital Grille or Seasons 52. You guys need to get out and try some different steaks.

EDIT: Just saw that Charlie Palmers was mentioned.
              Last edited by motoman; 01-19-2011, 04:45 PM.
              Originally posted by Jester
              Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
              He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
              Originally posted by Denny
              What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
              FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
                Surprised no one has mentioned Capital Grille or Seasons 52. .
                Lobster Mac n Cheese at Capital is off the heeezy, fo sheezy!

Comment

The best steak in DFW? Lonesome Dove and you can even wear your jeans if you want to. I also really like Stephen Pyles cowboy style bone-in ribeye. My neighbor is a chef at Charlie palmers although I've never been there.

All the other high end steak houses are all pretty similar.

Oh yah, I'd also recommend the bistro steak and frites at The Grape, but it's not really a steak per se.

No one in DFW can touch the steak at lonesome dove though.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                    Lobster Mac n Cheese at Capital is off the heeezy, fo sheezy!
                    I've only been 3 times but I've ordered it as a side every time.

Have you had a chance to check out Seasons 52 up in Plano?
                    Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.

Comment

Have you had a chance to check out Seasons 52 up in Plano?
                      Not yet. A customer mentioned that he ate there right around Christmas time, and said it was fantastic. I told him we'd have to check it out one night, just haven't had the time yet. Isn't it more of a seafood house than a steak house though?

Comment

Not yet. A customer mentioned that he ate there right around Christmas time, and said it was fantastic. I told him we'd have to check it out one night, just haven't had the time yet. Isn't it more of a seafood house than a steak house though?
                        They have a few more seafood entres than they do steaks, if I remember correctly they only have 3 different cuts of steak. But I was told that their selection changes with each season. I actually had boneless quail which was amazing. I'm pretty sure it's owned by the guys that own Capital Grille. I'd recommend giving it a go.

Comment

LMGDAO!!! You want to blast me because I'm not a food critic, yet the 'proof' you rely on, is fucking Yelp? Where any swinging dog dick can talk about their experience? I hate to be Captain fucking Obvious here, but LARGE majority of people who drop a couple grand here and there on dinner, don't rush home to post about how great (or awful) it was on Yelp. Yelp holds as much water as Wikipedia, and that isn't much.
                          I'm not blasting you man, just showing "proof" as you call it that a lot of people have the same opinion and that they don't necessarily deserve the bashing that a single person from a mustang forum was giving them. lol Just because you have an opinion, doesn't mean you have the right blast someone elses.

There are lots of other good reviews from other sources than Yelp, that was just the first thing via Google. You're going to see bad reviews from just about any restaurant though, they all have off nights. I wasn't impressed with Del Friscos a few times as it was dry and bland, but tons have had better experiences. I'm not going to tell them they're wrong for thinking that.

Just because someone throws a couple K down on a dinner doesn't mean they know shit even if they wrote a review, but I'm sure the Average Joe isn't rushing home to write restaurant reviews either. They'd just use their Yelp app! I'd actually prefer a review from the Avg. Joe anyway, some of that shit the richies eat is just nasty.

My wife and I both had a great experience when we went. We'll stand by that until we have a bad one. That's her favorite steak place, outside of my own grilled steaks!

Yeah, a lot of people do like shit. If they didn't, places like Chili's, OTB, Mac Grill, Buffalo Wild Wings, etc wouldn't exist. As someone else mentioned, I'm lucky enough to eat in these places more in a year than most will in their life. You could even knock that down to a 3 month period if you want. All over TX, the US, and you can throw Mexico and Canada in the mix as well.
                          Want a cookie? lulz

Seriously though, good for you. I used to travel all over and constantly do business dinners at the best places in town for years, but also a lot of hole-in-the-walls and fast food too. It was cool when I did it, but I don't miss the travel at all or the 60-80 hr work weeks. From my travels, probably my fav. steak place is Alexander's in Peoria, IL and fav. bbq was Gates in KC. They weren't the most elegant places, but had some damn good food and were just cool places.

It's all good, to each their own...

Roscoe, I hope you take the wife out and have a great time no matter where you take her. You have to give us the full review when you're done though!
                          Whippled '06 by Gearheads - 474rwhp 450rwtq @ 10psi and a few other Borla/Steeda/BMR/CHE/Tokico mods...

Gearheads Dyno Video

Comment

Chamberlins in Addison, nice and romantic. Bone in ribeye for you and a fillet for the lady, bottle of Rombauer chardonnay = blow job on the way home...
                            Originally posted by Silverback
                            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Surprised no one has mentioned Capital Grille or Seasons 52. You guys need to get out and try some different steaks.
                              Brent won't like Seasons 52, it's a chain!

Originally posted by AdamLX View Post
                              Krupp Brothers wine tasting at the Petroleum Club last Friday
                              Their local rep Sandy has already offered up some Krupp Brothers for my wedding.

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                              Makes sense. Try a 3 hour wait on Valentines day. What a mother fucking beating!!! There is only so much you can talk about with your wife in 3 hours. The steak is worth it once I have had a few beers.
                              Longest I waited there was 2.5 hours on NYE back some years ago. Then again, I ended up nailing my brother in law's sister, but that's another story.

Comment

fav. bbq was Gates in KC. They weren't the most elegant places, but had some damn good food and were just cool places.
                                Have a customer that is from KC and compared our beans to Gates. He wouldnt say they were better but every bit as good as Gates.
                                2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Working...
                                X